(Army Log) Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood

The Woodsman

Hi gang,

Long-time lurker here on the forums, finally decided to sign up and post some stuff. This thread will be my project log for my Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, my second army in 8th Edition. I'd initially got in to Grey Knights back in 4th Ed, and still have some of those old metal marines, a venerable dreadnought and various terminators for characters, plus a bunch of new plastic marines, terminators and dreadknights. I've gone for the 6th brotherhood because I find the link they have with the Ordo Malleus takes me back to my daemonhunter days... I could well see myself building up a Inquisitorial retinue, to go alongside the sons of Titan, for fun and fluff games. Plus I enjoy painting red quite a bit, and being the Ordo's ''primary'' colour, I'll be using it as a secondary/spot color on my Grey Knights.

Without further ado, here is a WiP shot of my first squad of strike marines, as of yet unnamed. Went a little heavy on the blue glaze on the power armor, I'll probably highlight it again to make it more of a clean silver (the pictures really accentuate this). Otherwise I'm relatively happy with the gold trimming and detail, and the red on the storm bolters and Justicar. 

C&C welcome!! Oh, and swamp bases because a) I wanted to do something different from my basic sand and static grass bases on my Tanith army, and :cool.: I see my Grand Master's nemesis as being a foul Great Unclean One, who has, since the opening of the Rift has turned many an Imperial World to noxious sludge. Grand Master Covan Leorac has hunted him down to the now defiled agri-world of Cegor Tertius, and has sworn to end the foul daemon once and for all...

IMG 0378

IMG 0375

Edited by The Woodsman

• 1 month later...

So its been a little while, I've been kept busy these past months and my painting has taken the brunt of it. I've finally managed to get the first 5-man Strike Squad completed - hopefully this will be the punt I need to go to town on the rest of the force... I'm hoping to get my 2000 point list ready for an event in September. The swamp bases weren't working out too well for me, in the end, so I've switched to a sort of rocky badlands theme - I'm thinking of doing fallen pillars or something on the larger bases, such as the Grand Master Dreadknights. I definitely want to improve the silver power armor on the next sqauds, I had a little trouble with the basecoat that I should be able to fix by switching up my recipe a little. Other than that I'm fairly happy, overall, for a first shot at Grey Knights they turned out alright! 

I've also got the entirety of the force based and primed, pictures will probably follow shortly.

Thanks in advance for any C&C!

IMG 1128

IMG 1127

IMG 1126