++The Free Flesh is Strong++ - Army Complete P.5

TheTrans

Hey Gang, Last week was a bit slow, but I managed to get some good :cuss done on the weekend!

So I've got a name for the big boy now, the Stronoga-Class Battle-Construct.
Brief fluff is its still essentially a cybernetica construct, but relies on a large battery of gestalt brains to function due to its complexity, making it too complex for simple Battlethurgy commands to work in combat (better fluff to come obviously)

So have made more adjustments and managed to get the main armament to somewhere I like.

gallery_40397_15423_48706.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_15974.jpg

Again with the use of the corpsecart zombie heads, as I really want most of the fleshy parts to look quite unhappy about their lot in life, like again they are still conscious, but have had all their basic functions taken over by the device into which they are installed. So essentially that bloke is an enslaved targeter/range finder.

gallery_40397_15423_86426.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_91958.jpg

So the more learned of you will realise thats one of the little brain-rats from one of the fantasy skaven kits. I've just removed its tail and replaced its face with (you guessed it) a corpse card zombie melon. I imagine this little guy is actually vat-grown for purpose and would probably run more of the higher-functioning targeting data etc.

I've also added to two heavy bolter sponsons, but wanted them to be a bit more Mech like.
gallery_40397_15423_15849.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_32292.jpg

Again with the slaved-screaming face akin to the thallaxi. I've modeled these so they look like they could move around independently and target, as well as snuggle up to the body for transit, fitting into tighter spaces.

gallery_40397_15423_60188.jpg

The nominal command console, main sensory apparatus. For those with a keen eye it is almost exactly the same as the one on the Jottun-Class automata, I wanted to sort of show this is an off shoot of them, an evolution of sorts as opposed to a distinct other development pathway.

gallery_40397_15423_88883.jpg

And finally a large side on shot of the construct. Its almost completed (sans the front sets of limbs), it just needs to extra small detailing of chains, skulls and more cables.

Hope you're enjoying gang!!

Next up will be my take on some Vorax Automata!

I’m down for #techheresy!

The new crawler is looking nice with the weapon mounted. As for the orientation I like option #1 a bit more. I like the break up of the rounded edges.

Thanks a heap brother, currently kept the pointed up as I may of blasted too much glue to 'tac' it on for the previous pic :P. #designchoices ;)

Oh momma! This thing is nuts in every good way!

The main back mounted weapon is phenomenal! The belt feed, the agonized enslaved servitor, and the vat grown brain really stick out among all the detail.

The side mounted bolters are also amazing. Love the independent pods. The sensory apparatus is also fantastic!

I can’t get enough of your build! It’s just loaded with goodies.

Holy hell, this is shaping up! I'm a bit envious of your skills. I love all the little details like the rat brain and how everything just seems to come together. And I'm getting stuck trying to get a arm to look good on a marine meanwhile:D

I'm also a bit jealous of your (presumably) giant bitzbox:)

Edited by ElDuderino

Heya gang!

Weekly update :P... got a heap of painting to do and a bit more free time to do it in now, so will hopefully get more posts up :P

So the Stronoga is finished and has been undercoated. Once you've got the prime and zenithal highlight on I reckon it really shows if a conversion has worked out or not, I'm pretty happy with where its landed!

gallery_40397_15423_98753.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_42565.jpg

So from the two out wide shots I think it looks pretty spot on. I also addeded some push-mold casts of the dune crawlers leg-plates onto the fore-limbs to tie them in a bit better, to me it makes them stand out less which is kind of what we want!

gallery_40397_15423_67842.jpg

Quick zoomed in shot of the gun pods, the zenithal allows you to see the detail a bit better as well as its mounting point and the ammo feed. Can also spy some chains and tubes that are scattered around under the things carapace.

gallery_40397_15423_16115.jpgJust a side shot showing that I've thrown a bit of extra cabling feeding into the major legs to 'tie' them to the body a little more.

So super happy where I've managed to get with this, if you see any glaring issues please let me know haha! I'm just about to undecoat my take on some Vorax Automata, so will have some pics up of them soon also!

Oh momma! This thing is nuts in every good way!

The main back mounted weapon is phenomenal! The belt feed, the agonized enslaved servitor, and the vat grown brain really stick out among all the detail.

The side mounted bolters are also amazing. Love the independent pods. The sensory apparatus is also fantastic!

I can’t get enough of your build! It’s just loaded with goodies.

Thanks a heap brother!! It's had some more little tidbits added hear and there that I'll make sure I grab some pics of when its painted!

Holy hell, this is shaping up! I'm a bit envious of your skills. I love all the little details like the rat brain and how everything just seems to come together. And I'm getting stuck trying to get a arm to look good on a marine meanwhile:D

I'm also a bit jealous of your (presumably) giant bitzbox:)

Thanks mate! Oh marine arms can be hella painful given how anatomically incorrect marines are!! I feel your pain!! Oh the bits boxes(or room is probably more apt) has been growing and growing for....:cuss...approaching 20 years (feel super old now!!).

Fantastic... thing...

Gorgeous build, looks like it'll fit in well with the Vorax and Vulturax.

Thanks a heap mate! Yeah really wanted to get that mechanical vibe, somewhere between a brass scorpion and a large cybernetica construct.

Man that looks awesome! Kit bashing at its finest, and all because of delayed shipping:)

"Necessity is the mother of invention" is the old saying yes? :P

The Stronoga is a thing of beauty already! Cannot wait to see it with some paint on it's armored plates.

Cheers!! Yeah Not sure how to approach them yet as all the gear has to date been relatively small panels. A fantastic member of the AU 30k community printed up a big transfer sheet for me with a variety of dark mech and Thrilliart custum sigils and what not, so I'll see what I can fill up some plates with :P

• 2 weeks later...

Been madly, but slowly working away gang but have managed to finish some more models paint wise!!

First up I give you a Technomancer of Clade Delta-12-Omega. His Servo-Automata aren't yet complete, but he certainly is!

++TECHNOMANCER OF CLADE DELTA-12-OMEGA ++

Like most Taghmata forces that muster for war, Thrilliart’s militant sect are supported by numerous Clades of Techpriest Auxilia. They offer support in all manner of areas, whether that be low level Cybernetica control and maintenance, fortification construction all the way through to actual frontline combat roles.
The Technomancer Clades of Thrilliart are outstanding in the fact that no other Forgeworld or even area on Incaldion makes such widespread use of these sinister creatures. The Technomancer clades are on the battlefield for the sole purpose of creating and maintaining Battle-Draugr from enemy and allied dead and dying alike.
These spectre-like tech-priests scuttle around the battlefield with their medical and reclamation servitors in tow, assisting any Lacyraemarta Magi on the field in creating the next wave of Draugr.
Although the introduction of the Thrilliart Acclimator Mk2 has substantially dropped the need for on field and battle ready Technomancer Clades, they are still more often than not seen accompanying the Thrilliart Taghmata’ s Draugr Covenants, tending to their temporary charges.

gallery_40397_15423_184164.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_491096.jpg

And a final pic with it and it's charges.

gallery_40397_15423_343762.jpg

Next up we have the 20 Revenant-Draugr which upon completion of those, on a per model count just over half my army is painted :P

++AD-HOC REVENANT-DRAUGR COVENANT RICTUS-12++

Revenant-Draugr are used solely by the Thrilliart Forge-Fane due not only to their openness in using almost any biological matter in the remits of warfare, but also given their almost heretical technologies and knowledge they have gleaned by going fully down the Lacyraemarta path.
One of the main components of Revenant-Draugr is the use of the Thrilliart-Acclimator. This device when attached to a newly dead or dying creature, xenos or human alike, rapidly injects a conductive semi-solid compound into the bloodstream of the new host that reacts to electrical impulses from the control pack, which is in turn receiving instructions from an overseer via cortex controller or noospheric link.
This basic muscle manipulation allows a modicum of control of the body that the device is attached to, this allows movement and basic combat subroutines to be executed by the host. It also, if for some reason the host is still conscious or at least partially in control of their faculties, allows the device to wrest control of their body from them.
Depending on the physical state of the host and the supply levels within the Thrilliart Acclimator, a newly created Revenant-Draugr can be combat operable from mere hours to even weeks if properly maintained.
If the Acclimator finds its host body to be no longer suitable for combat operations it simply withdraws the conductive tendrils and any useful fluids back into reservoirs within its casing, then falls off, essentially allowing the host to die.
It will then noospherically broadcasts a collection ‘blip’, so that after the battle it may be recovered, replenished and put back into service.

gallery_40397_15423_573914.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_426149.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_513652.jpg

I've got the Myrmidons done also so will try and get some pics of them up soon also!!

This is absolutely wonderful work, I like it! :yes:

Thanks a heap mate!

What a beast! I also love the little brain boy detail, great idea.

Needed someone to do the bullet trajectories :P

Great job on the Technomancer and his slaves!

Thanks mate!!

Awesome models and the background just makes them even creepier. I am truly enjoying those snippets of fluff accompanying your minis.

Cheers brother! I really feel fluff helps, I suppose 'frame' the minatures or at least explain their theme a little better!

That is... a phenomenal idea. Is it wrong that I wanna steal that for my Nurglite 40k DarkMech when I get around to it?

Steal away mate!! Makes perfect sense on pox walkers!! 

Love the Technomancer and their pets!

Danke good sir! 

Hey gang!!

Again thanks for all the kind words and enthusiasm!!

Next up we have Watch-Lord Enna-Sin

++WATCH-LORD ENNA-SIN'S FANE-GUARD++

Watch-Lord Enna-Sin is one of Varrack-Tar Majoris most trusted advisors, especially in the auspices of war.

Like all Priests of the Myrmidon sub cult, Enna-Sin and his underlings revel in the knowledge of destruction. It is this level of obsession with destructive forces that makes Enna-Sin a master in creation of new implements of war.
Enna-Sin was one of the only remaining Myrmidons when Varrack-Tar Majoris arrived with Hartak-Thol to replenish and relieve the defenders of Thrilliart’s outer defenses. During the coming months Enna-Sin was promoted to Watch-Lord of the outer battlements and his clade was eventually bestowed the honorific of Fane-Guard. From there on in Enna-Sin’s loyalty to Varrack-Tar Majoris was assured.
When Varrack-Tar was almost killed by a concerningly competent assassination attempt, it was Enna-Sin who fought his way through the destroyed forge-fane corridors that Varrack-Tar’s unconscious form was trapped within, using his Conversion Beamers as a highly destructive magna cutter.
Once he had recovered Varrack-Tar he did not leave his side while his consciousness recovered, and his destroyed flesh was remade in an inviolate metallic frame.
When Varrack-Tar Majoris eventually recovered enough to be implanted into a new exo-skeleton, it was Enna-Sins incredible design he was mounted in.

gallery_40397_15423_376590.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_514483.jpg

I sourced some Myrmidons from a bloke on a B/S/S and they where in very poor and questionable form when I got them, but relatively cheap. Due to being a nufty when I first built them I gave them conversion beamers, but to make it an awesome trio I had to rig up one for Enna-Sin, which is a contemptor CB that has been cut down a little. Pretty happy with how they came out and given there are 2 of the same sculpt in there, I think they've come out a fair bit different. They didn't come with the weird little tendrils either, hence the smaller Kataphron T-Rex arms, figured they'd need some way to manipulate stuff, also swapped out their horrid powerfist things with the Kataphron ones which to me have the right amount of industrialised-pedantry that I think ad mech should have!!

No also, the picture is very rough in size and positioning so don't freak out, but the big tank is finally on its way (a little vexing for sure) but running it as a baneblade just wasn't ad-mechy enough for me, so I've opted to run it as the smaller ordinatus. Now again, the below picture is very much just to check sizing of the quake cannon vs the chassis so don't freak out!

gallery_40397_15423_146048.jpg

And yes, the cannon is bloody large!! I've also ordered an extra set of the smaller legs to create an extra part of 'butt' to house the guns workings. Given it will be a bit shorter than an ordiantus I'll be making a base for this big bad boy and there will be a loading and ammunition automata loading the rounds into the gun. Any way I can't wait to start working on this big nasty and just thought I'd share we're I'd be going with it!

Fantastic stuff again.
The snippets of fluff to accompany these models are just brutal, perfect for Dark Mechanicus.
Will these miserable wretches count as tech thrall covenants?

Thanks a heap man! They certainly are, I've got another 10 Revenant-Dragur, but they'll be 'fane-wrought' so they are much more uniform. These dudes are so hodge-podge to try and make them look like casualties and what not that have been..ah...'reapplied' for other uses :P.

Wow, just wow,

These are some great conversions, they are so busy (in a good way)

So much little details in the large models, That's the sorta stuff i love :thumbsup:

Thanks brother!! Oh I get you, I've always felt that mechanicum should be a bit busy! I've always thought the base skittarri and cybernetica stuff to have a little too little going on given what the mechanicum (and 30k.40k) are like haha! Thanks man, I know when I look at models I love seeing the little 'hidden' bits on larger stuff, so figured I'd add some to mine!

I wonder what this thread is 'click' OH MY CUSSING CUSS!

This is amazing stuff. I love the Stronoga. The overall shape down to the little details. The upside down little guy in there. Even just the weight you've managed to convey on the guitar strings is lovely.

The paint jobs too are so nice. I love the eyes on the shields and the red OSL used really ties them all in together.

So good. So cussing good.

This is amazing stuff. I love the Stronoga. The overall shape down to the little details. The upside down little guy in there. Even just the weight you've managed to convey on the guitar strings is lovely.

The paint jobs too are so nice. I love the eyes on the shields and the red OSL used really ties them all in together.

I have to agree, i did say a few cuss' when i opened this thread :teehee: :biggrin.:

Excellent work on the Myrmidons.

Thanks mate, while not the most glamorous unit, they are pretty stalwart!

Some beautiful conversion work going on here, just the sort of wacky, creepy like constructs I would expect from the dark mechanicus :biggrin.:

Thanks mate, that was the dream. Really wanted to push the boundries at least a little bit!

Dam that conversion is a work of art!!! cant wait to see it painted, especially with the quality of painting you have on the Technomancer

Cheers brother!!, is slowly getting there, I've done the base yellow of the main armoured plates and most of the silver :P.

Thank you good sir!! Glad you enjoyed it and if it made you swear, well thats a double win haha! Yeah really wanted to have little tid bits of detail, as well as having an overall look, it definitely went through a few iterations haha.

Glad you enjoyed the OSL, was a bit of of an 'oh god oh god oh god' moment and not in the fun way. Its just done with white through the airbrush, vallejo red ink, then some edge highlights, not the best out there but I think it gets the point across :).

I have to agree, i did say a few cuss' when i opened this thread :teehee: :biggrin.:

Haha glad to hear it!