++The Free Flesh is Strong++ - Army Complete P.5

TheTrans

Finally all the parts have arrived and I'm on Holidays for two weeks!!

gallery_40397_15423_45070.jpeg

So as you can see I've already started working out how I'm going to do this. Essentially the Quake Cannon will be mounted at the back with an extra set of legs (so 4 pairs all up).

Obviously very early work at the moment haha (requiring more hacking of the gun-base to go :).

I'll ideally magnetise it so the quake cannon assembly can be removed from the back and the engine can be slapped back down to baneblade standards if needs be :P

• 3 weeks later...

Ok got a bit more painted over the holidays gang, will get some pics up once I've got them snow based!!

But have been whacking away at the not yet named Ordinatus proxy

gallery_40397_15423_37166.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_64101.jpg

As you can see its a pretty decent size! I'm still working on the basic structure at the moment. The small chassis area under the guns mount was actually designed by me then printed. It is super duper basic just with some shapes and what not, but hey, we all start somehwere and it acts as a perfect mount!

Pretty happy with how its progressing but I'm not super happy with the mounting area between the chassis and the gun. I've since added some triangular strut sort of things down the front of the guns housing onto the chassis back and am currently printing a shurnk down warlord carapace plate to place something like the below pic.

gallery_40397_15423_74907.jpg

So while the armour plate is a bit different to the bulk of the walkers chassis, it will tie it back into its leg plates and the armour plates on the gun, hopefully make it a bit more cohesive and hiding the slightly odd point in the middle.

Really open to ideas, thoughts and suggestions as outside that plate attempt I'm a little stuck... so please help!!

Thanks in advance!

:jawdrop: Dude that's some amazing conversions, I love the upside down guy on the cannon looks really neat! Keep up the good work!

Thanks mate, got to keep that odd body-horror going :P

The Ordinatus looks most promising.

Thanks mate, is almost at the stage i can start detailing it up!

So the quasi-guess at size for the warlord plate seeme to have come out spot on!!

gallery_40397_15423_4300.jpg

SO I think that neatly covers the area up, while still allowing the legs to move and marries up perfectly wiht the round gun base thing.

gallery_40397_15423_1671.jpg

I've also added a bit of reinforcement to the gun area in an attempt to tie the platform into the tank a little better. Thats just the main sort of area, will detail it up with panels and what not to tie it in even more.

Always open to C&C gang so fire away!

Alright, finally starting to get somewhere now.

All the major structural pieces are done and its starting to come up with its basic for...

The Brjota Tivar is to the more orthodox followers of the machine god a blasphemy of the highest order. It was originally a massive Utgaror Class Battle-Construct used solely by the Thrilliart Taghmata and was knocked out during the battle for Tegular Hive, where it was recovered from the battlefield before the escape of the Thrilliart Taghmata during the Omega-Celia conflict. The hulk remained in the bulk lander for months all but forgotten.

During the loyalist retreat from Omicron-38a a Nemesis Titan, The Antaganistico of the Legio Solaris was brought low before it could be recovered by its awaiting recovery lander. Varrak-Tar Majoris, with backing of the Arch Hopfen-zärtlic of Omicron-38a requisitioned it’s Quake Cannon under the premise of mounting it on the Magna-Distillery as a point defence weapon. It was of course promptly shipped back up to Thrilliart’s Bulk Lander where Varrak-Tar begun work on his newest weapon.
Due to the Treaty of Enthrallment signed, under threat of eradication, by all fiefdoms and forge-fanes on Incaldion, no Titan-Killing weapons were allowed to exists or be used by any magos or Taghmata, outside of those within the Legio Fureans.
This, Varrak-Tar knew is what allowed the Legio Fureans to exact such heavy tithes from the population of Incaldion without fear of rebellion lest the god-machines were sent in to annihilate any contentious Forge-Fanes. Although always looking for a way to overthrow the yoke of the Legio, no opportunities had yet shown itself to Varrak-Tar until now.
While salvaging and entire titan would be almost impossible to hide from the Legio Fureans and if found out would be tantamount to a declaration of war which would no doubt result in Thrilliart’s immediate liquidation. But by taking only the armament of a god-machine, and reclassifying it, if found out would only invoke censure from the ruling caste of Incaldion.
Over many weeks, Varrak-Tar, Inna-Sin and a host of their most loyal magi worked on marrying up the hulk of the Utgaror Battle-Construct and the salvaged Quake Cannon. It required an extensive reworking of the Constructs chassis to facilitate the weight and recoil of the weapon.
All other main armaments where stripped out to make room for heavy-duty ballistic cogitators, a larger genetorium, retrofitted void shields and a significantly larger proportion of installed slave-servitors. A baffled fire observation point was installed on the forward weapons deck for direct-fire supervision.
The final piece was the installation of its primary Cybernetica-Cortex. Given the size and complexity of this construct its cortex was created from a network of brains, both human and xenos alike, to form a gestalt consciousness which was then stirred into life through blood rites gleaned in secret from the Legio Fureans barbaric tech-shamans. The motive force that imbued the new construct was something which had only been glimpsed at in the Jotunn Automata. A machine spirit that was as much binaric code, as it was raw emotion. Not entirely unlike a God-Machines spirit but also something much more otherworldly, bellicose and unclean.
As the construct stirred to life within the confines of the bulk landers workshop levels, it strained against gargantuan chains, slaved targeting servitors acquired targets and from somewhere both within it and from the ether itself it screamed….
Varrak-Tar looked upon his greatest creation and in ancient Incaldian script he inscribed upon its writhing armour “Brjota Tivar”, the Violator of Gods.

So fluff piece out of the way, this is arriving at what the end result will look like (lots of small detailing to do but you'll now get the drift!

gallery_40397_15423_203258.jpg

Suprisingly the shrunken warlord plate fits most of the major lines of the model and the slight recess in it toward the back gives a nice little notch to allow that 3rd leg to move around quite freely while not blocking the main middle leg.

gallery_40397_15423_277885.jpg

The cheeky little front view shows what most enemies should be seeing hopefully (gun is a little tilted as its mounting plates aren't in there yet. You can also see a 3d printed green bit down the bottm, its made from a rejigged stl of a Vulturax chassis. This will have some mechadendrils coming out of it, with maybe some insectoid legs near it, to act as a bit of a head and to hopefully tie it into the other 2 larger automata.

gallery_40397_15423_136196.jpg

Finally a little close up shot of the observation blister. Still needs a heap of detailing on the inside (panels, monitors, cogicators and what not). The dude calling the shots still needs a fair whack of work, but you can see what I'm going for. There is a fair chance I'll have another servitor or so on the little walking area around the front of it.

Anyway, still cracking along, if adult life doesn't dick-punch me too hard this week I'm hoping to have most of the detailing down by the weekend!

Cheers!

Wow, that's a great looking model. It looks a bit clean atm, but we all know that's going to change! Can't wait to see what you do to chaosify it:)

Oh there'll be guitar strings snaking out every which way mate haha!

Impressive work on the model AND its backstory. I hope to see it completed soon.

Thanks mate, needed some form of fluff finagling as to why I wouldn't just use an ordinatus chassis

WOW the walker is super cool!! Can't wait to see more of it!

Cheers mate!! Slowly getting there! 

Still cracking away, have finally moved into the detailing and neatening part of the build.

First up the back legs (as peeps across various platforms have said) where looking a little skinny to be able to deal with the recoil, so opted to add some large pistons and feed to help at least mitigate some of the force, while still allowing them to look like they'd be able to assist in the vehicles movement.

gallery_40397_15423_38578.jpg

You may also notice I've riveted up the armour on the extend gun mount, as well as added some tentacles..as can't be dark mech without that ;)

Also just detailing up the observation platform.

gallery_40397_15423_66944.jpg

Found the gun-gimp off one of the skitarri bird walker things, thought it would help out here. I'll add some targeting/sight lenses to the front of its armour plate.

Anyway tonight will be filled with the joy that is gap filling and other bits and pieces as I await a delivery of guitar strings.. once they arrive and are then attached the big nasty will be built and ready for a wash, light filling then prime!!

Cool idea with the pistons! It's always nice to see those touches of realism to keep the suspension of disbelief going (even though we're talking about a giant demon-infested spider mech). Add some of those guitar wires to the pistons too, for the oil (or demon blood) to the hydraulics:)

Cool idea with the pistons! It's always nice to see those touches of realism to keep the suspension of disbelief going (even though we're talking about a giant demon-infested spider mech). Add some of those guitar wires to the pistons too, for the oil (or demon blood) to the hydraulics:)

Spot on mate, its the dashes that ideally keep it a bit grounded!

Already on it, two of the 3 guitar wires are feeding the pistos what ever unsavoury stuff daemon-pistons need! 

Dam this is turning out to be an absolutely epic conversion of an already great model ... looking forward to seeing how it comes on

Thanks mate! Was definitely a leery project screwing around with such an awesome model!! Finally got an undercoat on now!

Alright guys, got most of this bad boy together, washed it and primed it, which to me shows if a conversion blended or not and I think its come out pretty damn nice!!

gallery_40397_15423_58130.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_67869.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_84766.jpg

gallery_40397_15423_40513.jpg

Gun has obviosly been removed for the time being to make painting easier!! I now have just under 3 weeks to get this bad boy sorted, so here is hoping I can get it done in time for the event.

Also I reckon now the colours are all unified, its come up pretty nicely and cohesive. Thoughts?

I see you're putting in a LOT of effort into the Ordinatus. Such effort is ALWAYS commendable. Even now, I can say the disassembled model's various components look GREAT.

Thanks a heap mate, is by far the largest project I've embarked upon!!

They came out really well, looks great so far!

Thanks a heap brother, slowly getting there.

I've been whacking on transfers and starting to weather it up over last couple of nights.

Still needs the scratches/pock marks to be under lighted, then rust. Followed by chroming up all the pistons and giving them a heavy, oil/greaseing (if anyone has any good concoctuions for this, let me know please!!

gallery_40397_15423_25893.jpg

As per ususal the blue filter settles the colour down a little bit and chills out the transfers.

The coloured transfers up under the armoured edging are campaign badges for the AUS 30k events we do down in Australia.

That looks amazing. We're gonna need some more pictures;)

BTW, did you ever finish that stand-in you build earlier? The vaguely brass scorpion-looking thing?

Will get a full lot of all rounders once its done mate!!

I've got it up to transfer stage mate, can get some pics for you this evening if interested? 

That thing is super cool looking I love it!

Thanks mate, has been fun to build!

"Shagohod, is that you?"

Seriously, though: fantastic work on this massive beast!

Oh wow they are quite similar haha!!

Thanks mate!

Ok so I've got most of the ordinatus done now, including glow. I still need to add some snow around its feet and maybe a little here and there on its chassis, but I imagine a quake cannon firing would throw out a lot of heat!!

gallery_40397_15423_5098.jpg

So as to crew there will be a trio of floating automata around the thing, there will be a gunnery controller in the main obsersvation platform, a scribe on the back gunnery stand and a scribe on the front observation stand aswell as a creep targeting magos behind one of the side shields.