Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Horus Heresy projects; 1st Legion and VII legion

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts
  • Faction: Warriors of Mayhem/Iron Hands

Some cracking weathering on those Fists, I think the force is going to look good with the contrasting elements of yellow and white.

• Johanhgg likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

++ CICATRIX ASCENSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts
@Gorgoff Thanks a lot man!

@Pearson73 thanks a lot bro! Yes I hope so! Since they will be fielded together the fists needed to look battered as well! The force will be some tactical squads, a breacher squad, 2 Contemptor and a leviathan :)
  • Pearson73 and Gorgoff like this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts
1st squad beginning to shape up. A hvy Bolter and bases is all that’s missing.

C3997A078B154BAA83D8.jpeg
  • Arion likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts
More sons of Dorn, a breacher and a Tactical marine.

9B9D8D30872D4C6B96A0.jpeg
AFF96F46EB334120931B.jpeg
D2140CC5B3FB485EB0C9.jpeg

• Pacific81, Marshal Rohr and Pearson73 like this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

Solid weathering on the breacher, I like the inclusion of the Maltese Cross on the marine in the last update too.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts

Solid weathering on the breacher, I like the inclusion of the Maltese Cross on the marine in the last update too.

Thanks alot brother!

Would you guys find it strange with an infantry-Heavy white scars list? With rhinos and droppods? Dont really have the funding to buy any jetbikes or speeders at the movement...

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts
Now theres almost three bikes done. So many left to do. The bikes is really slow going to paint.

C3F1322CB6F041DF9078.jpeg
  • Pacific81 likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts
Part of the command-echolon of the X:

0ADF802194BE44B3A060.jpeg
  • Pearson73 likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

Some nice dirty looking metal there, the gold/brass stands out nicely whilst still retaining the muted tones of the scheme.

• Johanhgg likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts

Some nice dirty looking metal there, the gold/brass stands out nicely whilst still retaining the muted tones of the scheme.

Thank you! Iron Hands has always been closest to my heart but ive never really painted an army, mostly due to the lack of focus on IH by GW in 40k.

But my interest in 30k gave me new motivation to paint an Iron Hands Army, and use all of my vehicles and Dreadnoughts in a fitting way.

Yesterday i got my hands on a burning of Prospero-box 🀘🏽 Those mk IIIs will be Iron Hands :)

So now i have my beloved white scars, beginning of these Iron Hands, a started imp Fists-Army and models for Raven Guard.

One of these armies need to be abandoned, but i have a hard time choosing which; i think either the Fists or Raven Guard. Which would you choose to abandon?
  • Pearson73 likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

MKIII suits the Iron Tenth well, will you be adding in any bionics to characterise them? I think the yellow of the Fists complements your other forces well, so I would personally drop the Raven Guard, due to their similarity to the Xth in terms of colour; don't want to get bored painting two very similar schemes! Have you decided where the Tartaros armour will go, I think they would look good in yellow, maybe add some shields in there?

Pacific81

Pacific81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,732 posts

Cool looking bikes! Always love a beaky helm :)

Nice scenic bases too, contrasts nicely with the white. 

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts

MKIII suits the Iron Tenth well, will you be adding in any bionics to characterise them? I think the yellow of the Fists complements your other forces well, so I would personally drop the Raven Guard, due to their similarity to the Xth in terms of colour; don't want to get bored painting two very similar schemes! Have you decided where the Tartaros armour will go, I think they would look good in yellow, maybe add some shields in there?

Thank you! Yes i managed to do a green shine in various places which im happy with πŸ‘πŸ» I agree with you, i keep the Imperial Fists and discard Raven Guard. The Tartaros terminators will go to the Fists! Im thinking about ordering gorgon terminators from forgeworld and maybe some medusan immortals.

But my main-thought is that the Fists will have more infantry and Iron Hands more Dreadnoughts/tanks. I think that is fitting!

Cool looking bikes! Always love a beaky helm :)

Nice scenic bases too, contrasts nicely with the white.

Thanks alot! Im happy you like them πŸ˜€ i really struggle with the bikes, because i really dont like the models but i will finish my 10+ bikes in due time πŸ˜€
  • Pearson73 likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

The Immortals have phenomenal sculpts, definitely pick them up!

• Johanhgg likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts

My wife will kill me but i need them. Too bad they are fielded in squads of 10 😬

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

My wife will kill me but i need them. Too bad they are fielded in squads of 10

And of course you need a Proteus to port them around... And one squad surely needs friends to go along... msn-wink.gif

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts

My wife will kill me but i need them. Too bad they are fielded in squads of 10
And of course you need a Proteus to port them around... And one squad surely needs friends to go along... msn-wink.gif

Ofcourse! We think alike you and me :)

A528F408D5274964A469.jpeg
  • Pearson73 likes this

Pearson73

Pearson73

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

Is that chap to the right going to be a breacher, or just using the helm? Breacher helmets are such nice designs.

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts

Is that chap to the right going to be a breacher, or just using the helm? Breacher helmets are such nice designs.

Yes! My troop-choice will be a 10-man breacher squad. Those other guys will be legion veterans. So he will be a breacher πŸ‘πŸ»
  • Pearson73 likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts
Some guys almost done. Some decals and weathering left. And since i reeeeeally want to do a shattered legion-force im doing a small force of salamanders.

AC3CE8031F6647B0B574.jpeg
030DB6AB1753436796FA.jpeg
B622B9C286E2430CA127.jpeg

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts
Moving forward. IH veteran squad and breachers. Would you guys accept the breachers as immortals?

D0F644299D56410891C5.jpeg
84D389F2024142C89B33.jpeg

And moving forwards with the salamander Tactical squad:

C556BC35798340D4B476.jpeg
  • Pacific81 likes this

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,463 posts

Looking splendid!

Honestly, I was always sad to see you squander your talent for White Scars on those Prim Arses :P

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts

Looking splendid!

Honestly, I was always sad to see you squander your talent for White Scars on those Prim Arses :P

Thanks alot brother πŸ˜€ the white scars is still there! Im taking a little time to think where i want to take the scars. Either im going the bike-route, or infantry-route with terminators and jumpinfantry, im not really sure.

The thing is i have like 20 40k-bikes, and i just really dont like those models, no fun to paint etc. but since i have that many i cant bring myself to buy FW ones πŸ˜₯
  • Brother Pheidias likes this

NocturnalAnimal

NocturnalAnimal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
  • Faction: 30k White Scars
Nice work on the Scars there, chap! Definitely want to see more of those boys πŸ™‚
  • Johanhgg likes this

Johanhgg

Johanhgg

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 963 posts

Nice work on the Scars there, chap! Definitely want to see more of those boys πŸ™‚

Thanks alot! Its all Thanks to you :) i just need to think if i should go the bike-route or more of a infantry-terminator-vehicle-route. What you think?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)