Horus Heresy projects - Ultramarines

Johanhgg

The flames on the Salamanders stand out well against the black, I like the gold faceplates too. The battle damage on the mixed armour chap's greaves is especially well done.

The flames on the Salamanders stand out well against the black, I like the gold faceplates too. The battle damage on the mixed armour chap's greaves is especially well done.

Thanks alot! This is a shattered legions-themed Army. Going for the fluffy rite of war ”after isstvan”, led by shadrak meduson,so they need to be weathered. My plan is then to continue Build the one legion i enjoyed the most to paint, but the scars is there as well :) that Army will continue to grow.

Im thinking about ordering som jetbikes to the scars, but not from FW, more likely from puppetswar or kromlech

... call me crazy but I’ve read the HH-series all books twice...

Wild man! I applaud you, that is awesome

Haven't read them all twice but Signus prime about 3, Flight of the Eisenstein 5 times, Fear to tread about 7 times, etc. I get bored inbetween release & I read fast.

Yes me too! When waiting for a new release i start with book 1

I think im pretty stupid. I picked up a box of burning of Prospero last week, and today I found a box of betrayal at calth. So now I have a lot more models to think what I’m going to do with.

I’m reeeeally thinking of starting an ultra marines-force...30k but usable in 40k together with primaris.

Or. I add these models to the salamanders and iron hands shattered legion.

Or. Some other crazy thing.

What you guys think?

First of all the shattered force getting completed.

Edited by Johanhgg

I would say if you don't like painting the bikes (and I don't think you're alone in not liking the kit!) I would go the other way - paint and build something you are going to enjoy (at least that's advice :) )

You are right! But it feels kinda awkward having white scars and don’t have the strength painting bikes

Haha yes that's very true - I had a similar thing with PH World Eaters, then realising part-way into a project that I didn't like painting White.

Have you thought of any way to make it more interesting? I haven't looked in a while so not sure if this is a good suggestion, but are there any conversion or 3rd-party bike things about that will make it more interesting? Maybe Kromlech or MaxMini etc. wondering if there are some other designs out there (I'm sure I've seen some 'chopper' style designs, which might be a bit more cool. 

Very nice job on the guys in black BTW! I like the blue glow of the eye-pieces. 

Haha yes that's very true - I had a similar thing with PH World Eaters, then realising part-way into a project that I didn't like painting White.

Have you thought of any way to make it more interesting? I haven't looked in a while so not sure if this is a good suggestion, but are there any conversion or 3rd-party bike things about that will make it more interesting? Maybe Kromlech or MaxMini etc. wondering if there are some other designs out there (I'm sure I've seen some 'chopper' style designs, which might be a bit more cool.

Very nice job on the guys in black BTW! I like the blue glow of the eye-pieces.

Yes white is a pain :) ive found bikes by puppetswar and kromlech has some bikes. Both producers also have jetbikes and i think i would enjoy more to paint jetbikes.

But that have to wait a little, in secrecy i bought both betrayal at calth and burning of Prospero-boxes. My wife would kill me if she’d found out, she doesnt understand the value of the content in those boxes, and since theyre not produced anymore i just had to get them

I think im pretty stupid. I picked up a box of burning of Prospero last week, and today I found a box of betrayal at calth. So now I have a lot more models to think what I’m going to do with.

I’m reeeeally thinking of starting an ultra marines-force...30k but usable in 40k together with primaris.

What you guys think?

First off, that's a great horde of legionnaires to have at your disposal, I would perhaps advise against a new force, though you are the chap of a thousand projects. :wink:

I'd say they'd look great as Iron Hands, Salamanders and White Scars, plenty for each legion in there.

The group shot looks good, the different lens colours and tints in the Iron Hands' armour helps distinguish them from their Raven Guard brothers.

What you guys think?

First off, that's a great horde of legionnaires to have at your disposal, I would perhaps advise against a new force, though you are the chap of a thousand projects. :wink:

I'd say they'd look great as Iron Hands, Salamanders and White Scars, plenty for each legion in there.

The group shot looks good, the different lens colours and tints in the Iron Hands' armour helps distinguish them from their Raven Guard brothers.

Yes! You are right! I cant start a new project! A me project means new orders from forgeworld and that would mean divorce

I like the pose and topknot of the new veteran, the freshly painted White Scar is cracking too, really digging the gold faceplates.

Thanks a lot brother! He has just assumed squadcommand! Really appreciate your feedback!

Squad leader Kar’eigun recently assumed squad command after the former leader of the brotherhood, Samshin, got slain by Alpha legion-infiltrators at the system of Chondax.

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/5820925A5ED4455A826A.jpeg

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/DEF44F1D902E43B7B0F3.jpeg

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/D15316BA8D8C4B369CB4.jpeg

Cracking job with the veteran with the Glaive - think he looks suitable bad-ass!

The top-knot is a nice touch too - makes him stand out as a veteran. 

Also - completely understand your desire to not invoke your own private 'Horus Heresy' at home by buying too many minis :biggrin.:  (at least until you have your own equivalent of the Webway to smuggle them in undetected! )

Cracking job with the veteran with the Glaive - think he looks suitable bad-ass!

The top-knot is a nice touch too - makes him stand out as a veteran.

Also - completely understand your desire to not invoke your own private 'Horus Heresy' at home by buying too many minis :biggrin.: (at least until you have your own equivalent of the Webway to smuggle them in undetected! )

Thanks alot! I will try to finish him tonight :)

Yes my wife really hates my hobby unfortunatly, little marines in every bookshelf

V legion always was underestimated, half-forgotten and didnt get the same amount of respect as the more glorious legions like Blood Angels or Luna wolf.

V legion isnt underestimated now and that XX legion sgt learned to respect the scars as well.

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/6A2A753B4BD3433D98F1.jpeg

http://u.cubeupload.com/Johanhgg/04FAD4F26CB0491C8726.jpeg

He looks great! Like the red triangles of colour. Along with the bronze and red pads really helps to contrast the white.

Poor 'head in a helmet'XX legion sgt! But I wonder if he is cackling - little did the White Scar veteran know, "that had been his plan all along!"

Edited by Pacific81