The Great Mordian Restoration Project!

Armies that rely on a certain phase almost exclusively tend to have difficult early games that can make or break it, I think of my poor Daemons army that spends the first turn or two getting kicked in before you can finally start your plans and such. Then you're almost racing to convert the game into a win as the turns count down :sweat: If you can deliver enough damage quickly enough you can usually do well enough though, and it sounds like you had that so a good list and plan for it :thumbsup:

Such is the nature of the game, in cases like there where you can expect to reliably pull ahead once you remove your opponent's gambits that of course means your game rests on that prevention - a wily opponent who can keep pressing for long enough will be all but assured victory, and some armies will naturally be better at this than others. The game would be boring without such events right? :wink:

Indeed! I really like that style of game where it feels you manage to pull it back despite the odds, it just seems very Guard-like :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update, I have started work on the 3rd Platoon of the 2nd company. When this platoon is finished I will have 6 full platoons across 2 companies 100% completed :) Just 1 more company to go!

So far I have finished 10 riflemen and I have another 9 well on the way. As always pics below:

OpbN5KE.jpg
zpO8B6O.jpg
h0OTfub.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hope everyone had a great New Year and Christmas!

Mine was very busy, but despite all the festivities I was able to get a decent amount of painting done. I am happy to report that all of the riflemen for the platoon are now finished :)

Now to move on to the Sgts, Special Weapons and Heavy Weapons... the long painting war continues...

gSVRrKv.jpg
wRAhu0Q.jpg
4cmEwLu.jpg

Coming along nicely! Always great to see these original sculpts painted up :smile.:

Are you going to pledge a SWS or HWS for the hobby challenge? :wink:

I didn't realize there was a hobby event at the moment, I will certainly vow something for it!

Always makes me smile when I see you have painted up more of the classics. :wub:

Hows the channel going? Not been on youtube much recently. :/ 

Its classic metal Mordians for a while now, already got the next batch in the dettol bath whilst I finish off this platoon :)

Great stuff Mordian Glory!

Thanks Jud! I was catching up on your thread last night and I love how your Krieger's are progressing :D