The Great Mordian Restoration Project!

I've just caught up on everything! It made you look extremely productive to my eyes :teehee: This is some impressive work and I'm envious of your productivity! Can I be a pest an ask for an army shot soon of all your painted models? :biggrin.: 

Ogryns are looking grand, the caps are the icing on the cake I really love them! Are we going to see any vehicles eventually?

I've just caught up on everything! It made you look extremely productive to my eyes :teehee: This is some impressive work and I'm envious of your productivity! Can I be a pest an ask for an army shot soon of all your painted models? :biggrin.:

Ogryns are looking grand, the caps are the icing on the cake I really love them! Are we going to see any vehicles eventually?

Thanks, I do try and pump out a squad a week. Its amazing how quickly an army can build up if you keep a steady pace. My painting is like my play style, slow, steady and with grinding attrition :P

Im happy to do an army shot, I will see if I can get one done this weekend :)

My painting is like my play style, slow, steady and with grinding attrition :tongue.:

That is very fitting for a Guard player :biggrin.:

A little and often is the oft quoted maxim and I think this is the proof of that! Avoids burnout too which is a perennial problem for me due to being a last minute merchant. One day I'll settled on a steady and routine pace I hope.

Excellent I look forward to seeing the army shot! They always look spectacular and what better way to show yourself how much you've achieved? :yes:

The Ogryn conversions are seamless and well done (peak caps ftw!)

I’m with Arkaniss we need an army shot. Nothing like seeing someone’s fully painted army to get the inspiration going!

Also really like your YouTube channel, it’s been a great help with getting started with my Krieg!

Greetings Commanders,

Ogryns are now completed! I really enjoyed painting these big lovable brutes and I cant wait to try them on the table top. I expect that they are going to die every battle but at least they will provide a decent distraction and if they do make it to the enemy they are will break some heads :smile.:

B5XHQZd.jpg
8d8tjvB.jpg
RkuyyKr.jpg
Tb2VlhH.jpg
OaScNO4.jpg
5rUSup2.jpg
dSLNOAx.jpg

Next units on the schedule are a couple of mortars squads. My Mordians always made great use of mortars in previous editions, but over time they got battered and broken and now I barely have any intact tubes :sad.: The plan is to have a squad of mortars per "Platoon" to provide indirect fire support, which is both fluffy and also tactically sound!

I've got a squad of classic metal Mordian Mortars and I also will restoring a squad using battered old cadian models and anvil industry bits.

Edited by Mordian Glory

• 1 month later...

Greeting Commanders,

I know it has been a while since I updated this thread, I was on holiday and then had a couple of events to attend. But I am back at the painting station now, working hard to pay my tithe to the Imperium and make up for lost time. I am to get back into the habit of completing 1 squad a week!

I experimented with adding some lighter colours to the army. However, I wasn't happy with the results and have decided to stick to the original scheme :smile.:

Before I went away I was able to record the first Bat Rep with the new army, its a 750pts game vs Dark Eldar, hope you enjoy!

Edited by Mordian Glory

Hey Mordian Glory,

You've done a very clean paint job on your platoon! Everything looks immaculate, spic and span; just as Mordians should be.

~MinoanFresco  

Thank you, really appreciate the positive feedback :) I was going for a clean look so its good to hear that has come across!

Greetings Commanders,

I have worked hard this week to get back in the groove of batch painting infantry and have successfully raised another Assault Infantry Squad. These are converted plastic Cadians using Anvil Industries Parade Ground caps. As I have said before, I really like the Anvil bits, they are always very clean and high quality. The only downside with the Caps is they do not have an Aquila cap badge. 

I also used the drummer set from Anvil as well to make the squad musician. This model doesn't represent any special weapon or ability of the squad, I just though it looked cool :p

Also in case anyone was wondering, the Sgt was made using the Cadian Officer kit combined with the power sword arm and pointing finger arm of the current scions kit and the kneeling guy and knife fighter were made using parts from the Heavy Weapon Team kit.

What was interesting this week was I had to convert 3 of the "Snap Fit" Guardsmen. It was a bit tricky as there was no head sockets with these models and I had to do quiet a lot of cutting to make the head fit flush on the torsos. Fortunately, the dark colour scheme does help disguise some of the roughness around the neck.

vmVZKSq.jpg
nBGrtID.jpg
3hYxROV.jpg
xigJSUA.jpg
r626uqg.jpg
zRBNSGE.jpg
jsfgSl2.jpg

Keep it up, you are moving at a much faster rate than I am with my Praetorians. I build and paint 4 or 5 at a time. Took a shortcut in that all the base colors are contrast paints, just the details I need to go in and be slow with. I try and knock out a group a week to avoid burn out and work on many other projects that catch my attention, currently also working on marines, scions  and Japanese bolt action minis at the same time, no more than a few figs of each at a time.

The new squad is looking great; I listened to your latest Mordian Monday where you discussed painting them, and including the drummer. Getting the close up pics here is much appreciated.

I like the Sarge; I've used a similar mix of bits on my latest officer, and it's really interesting how just a few tweaks can result in different models:

Cdr Vasquez Front

Hey Mordian Glory

Have you tried the imperial heads from Mad Robot Miniatures, it what i have started doing for my own conversions. the caps have a small skull with wings that looks just like the imperial eagle.

Look great :thumbsup:

I have an old Praetorian bugler that I use as a count as voxcaster :wink:

Thank you! I have a bugler model in the next squad I am doing, again the bits from Anvil Industries. They offer so many cool little conversion bits for Guard :D 

Keep it up, you are moving at a much faster rate than I am with my Praetorians. I build and paint 4 or 5 at a time. Took a shortcut in that all the base colors are contrast paints, just the details I need to go in and be slow with. I try and knock out a group a week to avoid burn out and work on many other projects that catch my attention, currently also working on marines, scions  and Japanese bolt action minis at the same time, no more than a few figs of each at a time.

4-5 guys a week is still a really respectable pace of painting :) I am looking at getting into Bolt Action again, I dabbled with the Soviets in the past.

The drummer is great :biggrin.:

Thank you, I love all the unique bits Anvil produces, it really helps customize the squads :)

The new squad is looking great; I listened to your latest Mordian Monday where you discussed painting them, and including the drummer. Getting the close up pics here is much appreciated.

I like the Sarge; I've used a similar mix of bits on my latest officer, and it's really interesting how just a few tweaks can result in different models:

I have to admit, I actually got the idea from your model! I saw you post a picture of it in another thread a while back and I really liked it so I built my own. 

Good job on the SGT.

Thank you :) 

Hey Mordian Glory

Have you tried the imperial heads from Mad Robot Miniatures, it what i have started doing for my own conversions. the caps have a small skull with wings that looks just like the imperial eagle.

Thanks for letting me know, I will check them out.

Greeting Commanders,

Another week, another update!

This week there was not much conversion work as I was working with mostly classic metal models. I added 2 officers and 4 other infantry to the ranks of the 50th.

One of the Officers is a metal Cadian Lt with Power Sword and Plasma Pistol. I plan on using this guy as both a Officer and Sgt depending on the situation. The other is from the old Resin Baneblade kit. He will probably be used as a Senior officer with Iron Star of Mordia :) 

3 of the other models are from the old Last Chancers squad. I love how much character is in these models and I plan on adding using them to make future squad look more unique.

Finally the last model is the promo metal "On Parade" Cadian from the 2000 Gamesday. This model is piece of history and I am very lucky to have one in my collection! Its interesting to see the subtle differences between this model and the current plastic cadians, such as the smaller pouches and different style on the water bottle. He will be added to my mortar teams, so he can be safe at the back of the battlefield and get as much table top time as possible!

That is all for now. The next squad I have lined up will be another rank and file Infantry Squad, but mostly made from Anvil Industry parts :)

OsoN4hG.jpg
TLsJBCL.jpg
om9vJ00.jpg
gdk6H9P.jpg
bxd9U00.jpg
0V64MoO.jpg
Pk7wzOU.jpg
2ATcst7.jpg
8YhI6xn.jpg
s3e4a4N.jpg
ScoDA38.jpg
WD796GQ.jpg