The Great Mordian Restoration Project!

Greeting Commanders,

I can happily report the completion of another 10 man Infantry Squad, and with it the 6th Squad needed for 3rd Platoon :)

This is also the 18th Infantry Squad I have done for the restoration project and the I have now finished a total of 280 models for the Mordian 50th Rifles!

Not much to say about the unit itself, yet another Autocannon/Melta squad. But for next week I plan on finishing the command structure of 3rd Platoon and also, if possible, another support unit (maybe heavy weapons squad?)

That's all for now, picture below:

UnYzd6a.jpg

280 models?

Incredible!

Congratulations.

Thanks, its taken a while but the end result is worth it :D

Picture looks good, we need to see some army shots every now and again.

When 3rd platoon is finished (not long now) then I can do a full army picture :)

Good job on the Squad and its attached heavy weapons team.

Thanks! 

Wow. That's impressive. Restoring so many models and making them to that standard. Great work!

Thanks! It has taken a long time and there is still some way to go but I am over the half way point :)

Have you thought about how your going to paint all those tanks you have for the Mordians?

Same scheme, Dark Green as the main colour with some Blue panels where it looks best.

I am going to try and put quite some effort into restoring the tanks, making sure they all have tank tracks, extra armour and pintle weapons. The aim will be to try and make them look like semi realistic vehicles.

Greetings Commanders,

A slower week for recruitment, I only managed to complete 1 model for the Mordian 50th, may the commissariat forgive me!

Last week I said I was going to work on the commanders for 3rd platoon. However, when I got all the models out I realized that I already had painted several extra characters and had enough for all the leaders for the platoon!

I still really wanted to paint a character model so I decided that each company (3 platoons) needed a dedicated Command Net, and so I slapped a few coats onto an old school 4th edition Senior Officer. This is one of my favorite guard models and is actually the first officer I owned when I first got into guard almost 17 years ago! 

I also made some progress on my HWS of 3 Lascannons and got all the base colours done, these should be ready in time for next week.

Thats all for this week, pictures of the officer below:

lWOsZ1S.jpg
EBxDVSd.jpg
B4YOiqk.jpg
Zw2pJwu.jpg

Greetings Commanders,

This weeks tithe for the Big E was met on time as I completed the Heavy Weapons Squad that I started last week and now have an additional 3 Lascannons for the 50th.

These models definitely set a new record for how much work was needed to restore them! Broken gun shields, snapped triggers, shattered tripods and serious plastic glue melting meant these lads were in a sorry state. Fortunately, I was able to replace the various missing and broken parts from my bits box (for example, the new triggers are from the chimera stubber kit) and thanks to the kneeling legs and low profile of the models the plastic melting that couldn't be trimmed off could be hidden by back packs. 

For those of you who are wondering, the sandbags were made from Milliput, to replace a tripod beyond repair, and the brick wall is made from cut up sprue! I wanted to give the weapon teams who don't have a gun shields some form of extra protection and extra colour. 

I had been scraping through most games with a serious lack of long range AT, but after the last few weeks I now have a whole bunch Lascannons, Missile Launchers and Autocannons to smite the bad guys with! The long term plan is to give every squad a heavy weapons team to really help boost the firepower for the Infantry :)

All that is left for 3rd platoon is the Auxillary and Veteran Squads and I already have those built and ready to be worked on!

As always, pictures below in the spoiler:

mgSzsDY.jpg
5HRaur5.jpg
jLS8CYH.jpg
3yLqhfh.jpg
7cTBXRY.jpg
HuZx8B1.jpg
YX1ddQo.jpg
kPrly05.jpg
9LfDLvs.jpg
QiY0zzF.jpg
0kVydzv.jpg
fJhE8y9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work on the sandbanks and the sprue bricks work really well.

Thanks! :)

A little surprised how well the bricks turned out. I don’t think I could pull them off in the same fashion.

Pity there’s not an easy way to get more of those weapon face plate shield things.

It really is simple, anyone can do it! Its just cut up sprue, not even reshaped in anyway, Orange paint and nuln oil :P

Greeting Commanders,

I hope you are all having a good festive period!

Good news on the painting front, I have spent the last 2 weeks working on the Auxillary Squad for 3rd Platoon and I am happy to report the completion of the Wyrdvane Psykers. I really enjoyed working on this unit and I thought I would mix it up a bit by including some "Supervisors" in the unit. These old arbites are going to keep an eye on the psykers and if any of them start playing up they will..."take care of them"...

Thats all for this week, pictures below:

M5shpV9.jpg

xrLAPSA.jpg

4MOlIN3.jpg

aS6YC20.jpg

u2EtIFU.jpg

SZztVIm.jpg

KS0HtUM.jpg

Edited by Mordian Glory

I legit did not know that you could take eyed and psykers in 9 man squad. Probably because I only read the data sheets for troopers lol.

Those arbites look awesome! So do the psykers but I like arbites. Hopefully they change up the rules so we can see this squad in a battle report. I think your suggestion from the other day would suffice.

• 3 weeks later...

I made them out of milliput :smile.: very quick, easy and cheap!

great work, honestly couldnt tell, thought they were "real"

Thank you! I might do a video on how to do them :smile.:

Hey Mordian Glory, I hope Winters lets you into the tournament he's running. Someone who knows something about guard needs to represent.

Good luck Mordian! 

Your call to arms was class! Iv sent comments and an email to get the 50th into the forlorn hope! :tongue.:

(an even if you don’t get the invite, you should organise your own event! I recon plenty folks would be interested!)

Thanks Both! I have my fingers crossed!

Edited by Mordian Glory