Plans to start an army when plastic comes out?

Yes.

Of course!

Seriously tho, I've wanted an SOB army since 3rd edition. Patiently waited for plastics which obviously we're coming since everything else was getting plastic squad boxes in that era...

It won't be much of an army. Possibly one of my smallest. Several of my armies operate on the principle that "quantity has a quality all its own" namely my Imperial guard, my renegades and heretics, my Genestealer cult and my tyranids... (bot even mentioning the WFB hordes I'm working on)

And since my main army is a Dornian crusade peas by my Black Templars with imperial/crimson fists in tow, and I am building a counter force of Iron warriors, word bearers plus abaddon and his black legion retinue... This is already a daunting task, I don't need another massive project....

So a nice compact thematic force of SoB is in order. Obviously I'm not up to speed on crunch but something reminiscent of a Demi company would look nice and be playable and add ally flavor to other armies.

Forgive me I don't play sisters so I confuse some of the names but I know marine counterparts...

So 3x10 BS squads with APC

Their devastator equivelent with APC

their elite squad with APC

the repentia with APC

Seraphim

Cool hqs and attachés (probably more than one would take with the above force, but I like cool characters)

All of this is based on their classic line up tho... Who knows what cool things we might get! Personally I have a fan theory about a crazy lord of war I think SoB should get based on something we spotted in a campaign book art work... Forgive me I cannot locate the art as the moment...

Edited by Canadian_F_H

The only thing I'm really looking for is to pick up some Penitent Engines, since I already have twenty some vehicles and over two hundred figs.  If we get new units I will probably pick them up too.

I'm just curious on how they're going to redo Acts of Faith.  I've been playing since 2nd edition, and each Codex or Chapter Approved has changed both Acts of Faith and how they worked.  Hopefully they won't get nerfed too much.

They literally can't get any worse. 6+ FNP does more.

The only thing I'm worried about is how the infantry pans out. Even in MSU mech focused lists you need 50ish infantry with very specific loadouts. I don't need to be buying 1000$ worth of battle sister kits just to get all the meltaguns and stormbolters I need.

I plan to make a new army out of plastic. My only debate is a new scheme? Or keep my same red with white robes. Im sure I’ll start with units I have little of, arco flagellants, and anything new of course. We will see how the wallet handles it.

My current infantry models will retire to the shelf and be replaced probably twice over.  As for the vehicles, I will just add more of them until I replace the oldest of what I have.

I plan on going all in on SoB once they get their new release. I intend to make them my second biggest collection, overtaking my BA. I've long wanted a Sisters army, but the dated metal range just wasn't my cup of tea, so I've been waiting for the inevitable plastic models. I've been waiting a long time.

but the dated metal range

They were not dated when I originally bought them :smile.:

That's fair :tongue.: I do remember thinking they looked really cool when the Witchhunters codex came out, but by the time I fell in love with the fluff and aesthetic, enough time had past and plastics got so good, I figured I would just wait for the update. And, boy, have I been waiting.

• 3 weeks later...

I promised my sister way back in 2006 that I would make here display force when Sisters get a plastic revamp. Thirteen years later it looks like it might come in time to be given as wedding gift....

So you're marrying your sister ;)?

Its common where I live :lol:

I expect to see quite a few picking at least some of them up locally, so far I know that few have at least some models and of course Celestines for the soup. I of course already have an army, but how much I'll expand will depend on what gets released. If there's new vehicles I might go for those, and could use another five seraphim. My budget for the initial release especially is going to be quite small in any case, I'm hoping I can manage to put aside 100€, which should buy the seraphim and a vehicle at minimum. A "start collecting" style of "discount" box would be great as well, but I suspect that will only be released later.

I expect to see quite a few picking at least some of them up locally, so far I know that few have at least some models and of course Celestines for the soup. I of course already have an army, but how much I'll expand will depend on what gets released. If there's new vehicles I might go for those, and could use another five seraphim. My budget for the initial release especially is going to be quite small in any case, I'm hoping I can manage to put aside 100€, which should buy the seraphim and a vehicle at minimum. A "start collecting" style of "discount" box would be great as well, but I suspect that will only be released later.

Nah, I'm quite sure they release a box "Sisters vs Something", and that something will be probably something new too (for example Emp. Children)

I just noticed the new Retributor pics/renders. Man, this is gonna be the best GW release so far, I just hope the final rules will be good enough to match. I hate working on / painting these metal minis. I like the look but not the paint that rubs off and annoyance of cleaning them for painting. They're probably the easiest/fastest paint scheme of my armies otherwise. Kinda stuck with the metal figures though since they have non-existent sale value around here, so I'll just have to make do with them being the core of my army even after the awesome plastic release due to finances.

I also noticed the Retributor seems to be on a 32mm base. I wonder if the whole army will be. Well, luckily I have enough 32mm MDF bases spare that I can convert the metal ones if need be, though not being slotted is a bit tricky since their feet are so small and they'rre heavy. I've been meaning to convert my seraphims to 32mm anyway for the extra stability.

I wonder if I'll be able to put any spare Retributor weapons on the metal torsos if I buy a box - since I have some spare Retributor bodies - without it looking terrible.

I just noticed the new Retributor pics/renders. Man, this is gonna be the best GW release so far, I just hope the final rules will be good enough to match. I hate working on / painting these metal minis. I like the look but not the paint that rubs off and annoyance of cleaning them for painting. They're probably the easiest/fastest paint scheme of my armies otherwise. Kinda stuck with the metal figures though since they have non-existent sale value around here, so I'll just have to make do with them being the core of my army even after the awesome plastic release due to finances.

I also noticed the Retributor seems to be on a 32mm base. I wonder if the whole army will be. Well, luckily I have enough 32mm MDF bases spare that I can convert the metal ones if need be, though not being slotted is a bit tricky since their feet are so small and they'rre heavy. I've been meaning to convert my seraphims to 32mm anyway for the extra stability.

I wonder if I'll be able to put any spare Retributor weapons on the metal torsos if I buy a box - since I have some spare Retributor bodies - without it looking terrible.

Obviosly they will have good rules: they're a new army and new armies need to sell well.

Ooooooh, the idea of Sisters vs. Emperor's Children box set being dropped has me trembling with anticipation! One of the most pious Imperial Orders versus the most depraved of Chaos, dropping simultaneously, is something I could get behind.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm very much an advocate for Fulgrim and new Noise Marine sculpts at least (maybe a new kind of Noise Tartaros or Cataphractii Terminator for Emperor's Children, a new Noise Lord or something, one or two new vehicles, Noise Dreadnoughts get brought to Citadel maybe) and this would be a great time to have them drop.

I’ll probably pick up about 20 or so BSS sisters, and 5 or 10 Seraphim. Maybe some other stuff if they do new character models. Other than than, I’ll probably get some more metal Sisters before the release because I really do like the sculpts and, for example, I don’t really have an interest in the way the new Retributor look over the way the metal ones do.

I’m in no position to drop thousands of dollars on them but I might go for a limited edition codex if they do one :D

I still need more special weapons so probably gonna get whatever kit has most of those at some point. Eventually I suppose I could aim for having one of each kit, except if there's something I dislike (dunno what that would be though, ugly vehicle maybe?) and quite possibly characters. I have sooo many Canonesses already that I dunno what to do with them all, and of course missionaries and (metal) Celestine. I definitely will get that first teased model that'll be released before the other stuff though, it's just such a damn good model.

Obviosly they will have good rules: they're a new army and new armies need to sell well.

I think you're underestimating just how powerful the Adepta Sororitas' bad rules mojo is. We've had one good book in 5 editions and the beta codex killed it.

The history of SoB rules wise is pretty sad. Second edition codex came out like 2 months before 3rd, witch hunter codex: that was supposedly good, or at least fluffy, nothing in 4th (I believe), white dwarf codex that was terrible, digital only 6th ed codex that was terrible (at least comparatively), imperial agents which was pretty much just a reprint of the 6th ed book with one 'kinda formation' in a time when every other army had multiple decurions (so, terrible), the 8th ed index which was sublime, and the beta codex which is terrible.

I am hoping the new Retributors won't look out of place with the old. I only have 2 or 3 heavy Flamers and a single heavy Bolter... I did used to use a squad of 4 multimeltas, though, which was pretty cool for a time, if not amazing. At the very least, it put a lot of fear into people, especially when first turn you pump it up field to a good cover position while your Repressors are burning the countryside and taking most of the aggro..

It would be nice to be able to fill out the squads.

Edited by Beams

nothing in 4th (I believe), white dwarf codex that was terrible,

4th Ed was a PDF of Witch Hunters minus allies and IST.  The 4th Ed codex was killer in 5th edition vs the Grey Knight explosion.  That was also the era of the Jacobus bomb.   

But I will concede your point.  From the first chapter approved codex onward each new codex has had fewer units than it's predecessor.  Even at their best, the army was never top tier; just able to take on the top tier of the time while struggling against most others.

I am hoping the new Retributors won't look out of place with the old. I only have 2 or 3 heavy Flamers and a single heavy Bolter... I did used to use a squad of 4 multimeltas, though, which was pretty cool for a time, if not amazing. At the very least, it put a lot of fear into people, especially when first turn you pump it up field to a good cover position while your Repressors are burning the countryside and taking most of the aggro..

It would be nice to be able to fill out the squads.

At least the renders look very  similar in style and pose, so there's hope. I only have 4 heavy bolters - which I STILL haven't painted, argh - and one heavy flamer and multimelta. General idea being running the HBs as a retri squad and the others in troop squads.

As far as "compatibility" I think Seraphims will look the most different. I suppose I'll just run them as their separate units and not mix them.

For anyone visiting that isn’t familiar with the Sisters’ infantry units:

Retributors - heavy weapons

Dominions - special weapons (with Scout)

Seraphim - jump infantry with pistols

BSS - Tactical squad but better :P

Celestians - Same options as BSS but you pay for melee stats and LD that aren’t usually that useful (GW said they’re working on some ability to make them more useful)

Repentia - evicerators on foot with no armour

Then there’s all the Ministorum units that aren’t Sisters

Edited by Servant of Dante

For anyone visiting that isn’t familiar with the Sisters’ infantry units:

Retributors - heavy weapons

Dominions - special weapons (with Scout)

Seraphim - jump infantry with pistols

BSS - Tactical squad but better :P

Celestians - Same options as BSS but you pay for melee stats and LD that aren’t usually that useful (GW said they’re working on some ability to make them more useful)

Repentia - evicerators on foot with no armour

Then there’s all the Ministorum units that aren’t Sisters

You missed canoness - the only generic hq

Exorcist - organ whirlwind

Immolator - our razorback eqv