Plans to start an army when plastic comes out?

For anyone visiting that isn’t familiar with the Sisters’ infantry units:

Retributors - heavy weapons

Dominions - special weapons (with Scout)

Seraphim - jump infantry with pistols

BSS - Tactical squad but better :P

Celestians - Same options as BSS but you pay for melee stats and LD that aren’t usually that useful (GW said they’re working on some ability to make them more useful)

Repentia - evicerators on foot with no armour

Then there’s all the Ministorum units that aren’t Sisters

You missed canoness - the only generic hq

Exorcist - organ whirlwind

Immolator - our razorback eqv

I didn’t miss them, I was listing infantry squads and those are characters and vehicles :P

If there were a box of Sisters vs X (preferably word bearers) I'd go a 50/50 split with a local chaos player. That'd likely be the extent of what I add. Hard to plan when GW is tight lipped on new things.

If they drop a box of Sisters vs. Chaos (preferably Emperor's Children, because Word Bearers are Undivided and don't really need unique sculpts whereas Emperor's Children are Slaaneshi and should have at least SOME unique stuff outside of Forge World) I'll be picking it up in its entirety.

I've managed to save a little specifically for Sisters since they were officially announced so I can buy them guilt free of other financial commitments and put my money where my mouth is.

At the moment I'm a bit intimidated by big army projects but a Canoness, two sisters demi squads and maybe one of the special units would probably be a realistic start.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so getting them when they hit..well i'll be getting that first release sister on the 29th of this month to test out my army colour scheme :biggrin.:

a friend has a full metal army but he rarely brings them out as they always tend to fall off the table :ermm: and they were painted as a gift so they are top shelf. quality..

he hates trying to patch them up ...Those dang top heavy jump pack girls can never stay balanced :wacko.:...

As others have said...the patient wait for many years has taken place... a friend and i are going to start painting them together on a friday night paint night especially for the start of our sisters forces...he paints whole armies very well and i don't so he's helping spur me on with some disciplined painting nights :happy.:

I even picked out some paints from the new line that's coming out next week.. Barak-nar burgundy, Morghast bone, and grey Knight steel... iv'e had the colour scheme stuck in my head for years since i saw a colour scheme in the movie kingdom of heaven..it's a simple split scheme see pic below..

gallery_9146_583_111740.jpg

and now very similar paints have just dropped for them....it's like there's some Saint (Celestine) up there lining up the stars and planets to coincide with their release for me :laugh.:

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge

I'm used to waiting given that my first two armies were Space Wolves and Genestealer Cults - both of which were towards the end of the release schedule. Now that I'm happy with those armies I'm looking at Sisters to be my third - another army with no (final) codex. 

I've always had an interest in Sisters but I can't stand metal models (literally and figuratively) so I've been put off. I'm glad of a plastic release so I can give them a go. Having said that, the hype has got me looking at some of the third-party plastic models out there to tide me over. 

I do want to consider a slightly different paint scheme but so far nothing seems as good looking as the basic black/red.

Invert the scheme (order of the bloody rose.... but they'll be quite popular if the order sub faction rules stay the same)

but have a look here for the 'offical' schemes then tweek to match your prefered palatte.

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Orders_Militant#Orders

Thanks for the link.

I've been tossing up the standard black/red vs the red/black as you suggest, I'm just conscious it may look too much like Blood Angels. I have an Immolator to paint so that can be my tester.

I'm tentatively building a list so I know what to buy with the new release. I was hoping to see the return of the Repressor but given its absent from the codex I guess I'll go for more Immolators.  

This is a for sure for me, I have been waiting a long time for plastics and I shall have them. I hope they release a new exorcist, all plastic, heck a new design on the vehicles period would be cool. Maybe a more urban version and made just for sisters.

So, my answer is combined with my speculation on kits.

I think it'll be a rework of all GW kits for AM and AS.

So:

Canoness

Priest

Battle Sisters Squad

Retributors

Dominions

Seraphim

Repentia

Penitent Engine

Rhino

Immolator

Exorcist

The new crusaders released separately from the BSF box

Potential new units

A new HQ, whatever a Lt or Chapter Master would be.

A new tank?

A militia unit? A cheap unit that we have to buy lots of.

GW won't release just new sculpts because a lot of people will just use the old ones(me included) so that's why I guess a new tank and a new useful troop choice. I'd love a terminator esque troop, meaning a heavy armored hunter killer unit.

So, on this idea, due to life being rough on the wife and I this last few months, my plastic sisters fund was drained to pay to move, pay rent on two places for a month, and for her to fly out to her dads. So my intitial grand plans of a full 2000 points at once are gone. I've been buying up the cheapest metal sisters I can find, to build up a small playable force, and when plastics do come, I will slowly grow my forces up with them.

Small and realistic plans: one of each new kit.

Original plans, three of each kit. I had around 2500$ saved up for this, figured that would be enough, but that got taken by Tzeentch and his life messery spell.

Sorry to hear about the hard times, I feel you. I used to make good money up to almost 5 years ago then cancer screwed me. Since then haven't been able to even keep up with the bills. So I paint for models now, works out pretty good. Just got 20 models to build and paint which will equal 20 models for me when the new sisters drop, so patiently waiting. The thing that sucks is they get to field completely painted armies while mine are mostly plastic and primer, haha.

I think it'll be a rework of all GW kits for AM and AS.

So:

Canoness

Priest

Battle Sisters Squad

Retributors

Dominions

Seraphim

Repentia

Penitent Engine

Rhino

Immolator

Exorcist

The new crusaders released separately from the BSF box

Potential new units

A new HQ, whatever a Lt or Chapter Master would be.

A new tank?

A militia unit? A cheap unit that we have to buy lots of.

I’m actually wondering if the re-release will be a smaller scale. As far as I’m aware SoB aren’t huge sellers - hence still being metal in 2019 - so I can see them investing the bare minimum.

I’m imagining:

Battle Sisters, Retributors, Seraphim, Rhino (confirmed)

Dominions and Celestians (potentially upgrade kits?)

Penitent Engine

Exorcist

Cannoness

And to push sales: a new Sister HQ feels likely.

I don’t see them doing all of the other single models, and the Immolator is already available full plastic so not a priority. Much as I’d love to see Flagelents and Repentia they don’t seem that popular and could be a later release.

Either way I’ll end up buying one of everything over time, how drained my wallet gets is really up to GW

Edited by Brexan

Immolators & exorcists have to be redone as they are doing a sister specific rhino.

Arcoflagents & Repentia are over 50% of a sisters army CC... and 100% of its > S3 CC.... the only reason why they are popular is that they are metal....The sisters are in a catch 22 situation.. they dont sell well because they are metal (& expensive, & hard to convert) but as they havent sold out they havent changed from metal.... I recently brought an Immolator from WHW and the kit had been there for 10 years (the 'clear' plastic had yellowed with age)

The Plastic sisters are a different size to the old metal ones so the Repentia will be changed, not to mention the asthetics of the mistress will have changed... none of the old line will be 're-released' with the new line, they are just to different in size...expect comparison picts to appear on this site on the 29th!+

EDIT - We also know that Diagolos is getting a new kit, which says that the hospiterler is as well..BattleSisterBulletinCharacter-Mar18-Spea

So my take is this 

Command squad style box - Canoness, Diagolos, Hospitler, missionary, mistress of repentance

Basic sisters box - 10 girls, 1 imagnifier, 2 of each heavys, 2 of each speacials <BSS, Doms, Rets>

Elite sisters - 5 girls, 1 imga, 1 heavy & 1 special <Celestians>

seraphim - 5 girl box

tank box - Immolater + exorcist + something new

APC box - rhino + 

PEngines - 2 in a box

repentia - 5 in a box

arcoglatents - 5 in a box

crusaders - 5 in a box

Death cult assassins - 5 in a box

Saint + bodyguard - all ready releaced

3 named characters in blisters

Edited by Slasher956

Thought .... Sisters currently have 30 entries in the GW webstore.  about 10 of them are the special weapons, heavy weapons, sis sup & Imag then you have the command sqad & battle squad upgrade selections.  Thats about the same as a small elite force such as grey knights or Custoudes

So if you replace those 12 no longer needed entries with indivudal blisters of Diagolos, hostpitiler, Mistress of Repentance,  a Celestians box & a couple of extra named characters you end up with about half a dozen less entries in GWs catalogue for new units without altering the size of the catalogue.... and its still about half the size of the 'main' factions

I'm finding Pengines are creeping into my lists more and more often now as I find a place for them.

I recently had a game where they actually made it into combat with a couple of baby-knights and came out on top. Unfortunately, one of my Pengines was represented by an empty base as I had dropped my case which is not ideal for them. As a result, it broke off its base as well as a leg...and an arm...and both arms came off the other one :(

So...I'm thinking while I may or may not get new sisters themselves except for special and heavy weapons; I'm pretty sure I may be grabbing at least one or two Pengines- if they get a plastic release...which I really hope they do.

I'm finding Pengines are creeping into my lists more and more often now as I find a place for them.

I recently had a game where they actually made it into combat with a couple of baby-knights and came out on top. Unfortunately, one of my Pengines was represented by an empty base as I had dropped my case which is not ideal for them. As a result, it broke off its base as well as a leg...and an arm...and both arms came off the other one :(

So...I'm thinking while I may or may not get new sisters themselves except for special and heavy weapons; I'm pretty sure I may be grabbing at least one or two Pengines- if they get a plastic release...which I really hope they do.

They've already shown plastic pengines.

I recently had a game where they actually made it into combat with a couple of baby-knights and came out on top. Unfortunately, one of my Pengines was represented by an empty base as I had dropped my case which is not ideal for them. As a result, it broke off its base as well as a leg...and an arm...and both arms came off the other one :sad.:

They've already shown plastic pengines.

What?! When!? What bulletin did I miss?!

This.

What?! When!? What bulletin did I miss?!

No. 5  - Vehicles:

due to it being more akin to a mechanised warsuit – the Penitent Engine. We’ll bring you more on this horrific war machine soon but, for now, here’s a sneak preview of a head belonging to an unfortunate soul condemned to seek bloody redemption in battle by ‘piloting’ a Penitent Engine.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/15/battle-sister-bulletin-part-5-vehicle-details/

only a peek at the head... but they are there being redone!