Plans to start an army when plastic comes out?

My local GW still has a cracked tile from when my pipe organ decided to pick a fight with the floor and the floor lost.

I think it's safe to agree that the floor started it first.

For myself. While I already have an army, on initial release my goal is to for the most part replace the old metals with new plastics.  Primarily that will be sisters on foot ranging from the base battle sister up to the cannoneses and I will probably have money left over for some of the later releases ($2000 saved so far).

My local GW still has a cracked tile from when my pipe organ decided to pick a fight with the floor and the floor lost.

I think it's safe to agree that the floor started it first.

For myself. While I already have an army, on initial release my goal is to for the most part replace the old metals with new plastics. Primarily that will be sisters on foot ranging from the base battle sister up to the cannoneses and I will probably have money left over for some of the later releases ($2000 saved so far).

Well if you’re putting some metal Sisters up for sale at some point around the release let us know, I plan on getting some of the plastics but I’m always interested in more metal ones too :P The question is always just do I have the money for them

I forget if ive posted my plans in here... Lol

So ive always wanted an SOB army. I put it off back in 3rd edition because "obviously" plastics were coming soon just like they had done for most armies at that time. So it surely was imminent... Hahah

Right now i have a million projects on the go. If the SOB come in a X vs Y style box with cool monopose models. Ill definitly get that and depending on the opposing force keep/start those aswell. Which is a cool discussion to have. (will start a speculation thread for fun if there isnt one already)

As for my eventual SOB force. I am never very meta, i dont even have 8th edition books for any armies i collect, nor the core rules yet. I like to build cool forces that represent a canonical narrative force (or at least my impression of one)

So generally,

2 HQ

- canoness

- hopefully something new and cool

3 troops (at least get a battallion out of this eh?

- Battle sisters obviously

- maybe they will do imperial cultist rabble of some sort?

At least 1 each from Fast, heavy and elite, not sure how these will form up for the sisters in the future, might have some new kit. I usually think about a decent tank, a rapid deploying squad, and a cool unique elite. So here is hoping sisters get a new tank, obviouslt they have a short range meltagirl squad in a repressor or something, and i was thinking repentia in a rhino, and *counts as* crusaders in a rhino...

I want to make an awesome tanky melee sisters squad and figured i would just convert sisters with power swords and storm shields and counts as "crusaders"

Yep. Assault Celestians in all but name.

Edit: well except they don't get order convictions. That's the difference.

Edited by Atrus

Model like that, you need to give her a couple of special rules/stat increases from the custom character section in CA...Just because cool.

I'm excited to get mine and start on painting. I've decided to do two different color detachments (so I can run multiple CTs) and am using the new contrast paints as my base coats.

One will be OoML with Black templar and Blood Angel red over a zenithal primer coat(and then standard paint after that.)

The other will be my own scheme, Talassar blue over Vallejoe Metal Color Chrome with a bright green cloak and then silver and red detaling.(The Order Fulminating Fury, based off of the Brachydios from Monster hunter).

I had also thought about using Raging Heroes stormshield sisters as counts as crusaders, but it was the access to an order trait and the hope that GW might give the Celestians access to stormshields in the new dex that stopped me.

The fact that there is a dex coming has actually stopped me from doing a lot of kitbashing and converting. Best to see what they give us before deciding how much I have to make myself.

What?! When!? What bulletin did I miss?!

No. 5  - Vehicles:

due to it being more akin to a mechanised warsuit – the Penitent Engine. We’ll bring you more on this horrific war machine soon but, for now, here’s a sneak preview of a head belonging to an unfortunate soul condemned to seek bloody redemption in battle by ‘piloting’ a Penitent Engine.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/15/battle-sister-bulletin-part-5-vehicle-details/

only a peek at the head... but they are there being redone!

I hope the operator is somewhat better protected this time.  I was really bothered with the original machine, from a common sense point of view.  The totally unprotected and terribly vulnerable human body was right out in front of everything, just begging to be killed -- at least the Grey Knight equivalent had an armored operator -- one good shot, and all that death and destruction would be shut down.  I never acquired one, because it just didn't make sense to me. :-)

I had also thought about using Raging Heroes stormshield sisters as counts as crusaders, but it was the access to an order trait and the hope that GW might give the Celestians access to stormshields in the new dex that stopped me.

The fact that there is a dex coming has actually stopped me from doing a lot of kitbashing and converting. Best to see what they give us before deciding how much I have to make myself.

Those RH figures are pretty much scaled to the female figures released by GW prior to this new Sister Superior.  FYI -- Artel W Miniatures has a moderately priced set of similarly scaled, armored female figures ("LEU: Riot Control Squad" @49.99, IIRC) that can be modeled with or without their nice looking, quite large shields, although I think there are only 4, as one member of the squad is a special weapons trooper.  Great models (I also bought the optional K9 units and a handler to go with them).  If you do seriously think about kitbashing, you might want to give them a look for parts (said squad looks quite good without their shields, which leaves them available for conversions).  Just a thought.  As you mention, continuing to exercise caution probably is the best way to go for now, especially if money is tight (and when is it not?). :-)

Edited by Bubba Pearson

Up until now, I'd believed that I wouldn't be expanding my collection in any real way.

Today I saw a youtube clip on the Apocalypse system...

*looks at collection*

To get:

1-3 Exorcists.

1-7 penitent engines.

12 Arco flaggelants.

10 repentia.

Going to have to invest in retributors.

My current collection is great as a Swiss army knife in 40k. Looking at apocalypse, I don't really have to much a way of making dedicated detachments of ranged or close combat.

So I may be expanding to make my apocalypse army.

Edited by Atrus

I have 6 BS's, an Cannoness, banner babe, and a fantasy model with a flail I run as a Hospitaller. Also a Immolater. I can make it into a Vanguard. Soon as I can I want 10 more BS and a Rhino. That will give me a mobile Battalion. Maybe 2 more Immolaters. So I can run my medic. I use what I have in all my games. I love the models and am getting better with them on the table top. The are the foot troops to a lance of three Imperial Knights that have taken over my army. The Knights are the focus but I can't shake the Sob. If I had more I would be. Very happy =][= Lord. I plan on mixing in the plastics with the meddle I have. Edited by Lord Lorne Walkier