Big FAQ brings good changes

I'll link the artile and quote the relevant points, but there's a pretty good buff in here, as well as a minor buff as well. Everything else I'll leave for you to decide if it works.

Page 95 – Canoptek Wraiths, Wraith Form Change this ability to read: ‘Models in this unit have a 3+ invulnerable save. During the Movement phase, models in this unit can move across models as if they were not there, and can move horizontally through terrain features as if they were not there (note that any vertical distance moved is still counted against the distance these models have moved). During the Charge phase, models in this unit can move across models (other than Buildings) as if they were not there. Models in this unit can shoot and charge even if they Fell Back this turn.’

Decent, this fixes the old FAQ issue with charging over models. Wraiths are better now!

Page 110 – Stratagems, Emergency Invasion Beam Add the following sentence: ‘Units set up with this Stratagem can be set up during the first battle round even if you are using the Tactical Reserves matched play rule.’

HUGE: If your night scythe gets shot down first turn you can still deploy things out of it.

Q: Can the Quantum Deflection Stratagem allow a unit with the Quantum Shielding ability to ignore attacks with a Damage characteristic of 1? A: Yes.

MASSIVE: I'll ignore boltguns and non-overcharged plasma now, thankyouverymuch.

Q: When Deathmarks use the Ethereal Interception ability to attack an enemy unit that has just been set up, does every Deathmark model have to target that unit, or only at least one? A: Every model in the Deathmarks unit must target the unit that has just been set up.

Clarifying, but I don't think this affects anyone overly much.

Q: Are units that are set up on their tomb world using the Invasion Beams and Eternity Gate abilities considered to be on the battlefield for the purposes of the Tactical Reserves matched play rule? A: No, they do not count as being set up on the battlefield and are considered to be reinforcements for the purposes of the Tactical Reserves rule.

Clarifying, but as I don't own either of these models I have no ability to judge the effect. 

What are your thoughts, fellow Phaerons and Crypteks?

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

On being removed from play after deployment and redeployed (eg. Veil of Darkness):

Any rules that unit was being affected by when it was removed, and which would continue to affect it for a specific duration (from abilities, Stratagems, psychic powers, etc.), continue to affect that unit until such a point as they would normally have no longer applied. For example, a unit that was within range of an aura ability when it was removed would no longer be affected by that ability if it was set up outside of that aura’s range, whereas a unit that was being affected by a psychic power that lasted until the end of that turn would still be affected by it until the end of that turn.

Nice to know for sure MWBD still applies after the Veil.

I think these are nice touches, I'll avoid mentioning the massive wishlist because lets face it...a lot of those issues don't show up in this kind of FAQ....but I was really really hoping they would give the hovering rule to Obelisk and Tesseract Vault.

The knights being reduced to a 4++ was expected but wow I was really not expecting a 100 pt jump for the big guy. For me, this means the Seraptek is going to be more appealing. 

Q: Can the Quantum Deflection Stratagem allow a unit with the Quantum Shielding ability to ignore attacks with a Damage characteristic of 1? A: Yes.

MASSIVE: I'll ignore boltguns and non-overcharged plasma now, thankyouverymuch.

You know what you'll ignore as well? Those fancy new gatlings with 8 shots per model Chaos Marines got lol

Does that mean the stratagem could stop Mortal Wounds from going through?

EDIT: ah yes, failing a saving throw is what triggers QS.

Edited by NTaW

Guys,  why is the quantum enhancement such a big deal?  6 1 dam weapons score damage,  all this means is on average 1 will fail to wound. Yiu still take 5 damage.

I see it less as 'use to prevent 1-damage weapons' and more 'hey, if you were going to use it against a couple lascannons anyway, it might also help against those bolters that had no other target'. Edited by KhorneHunter57x

Personally, it’s because GW had previously FAQ’ed it to be to a minimum of one.

Since it lasts the entire phase, it allows it to be used against literally everything after it gets shot at, and forces the opponent to delay his shots at the target, reducing the chance that spare shots will get dumped into it.

That said, it’s not *that* great, but it’s a flat upgrade, for free, which GW doesn’t hand out that often.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

No mortal wounds still work. But living metal can regenerate them.

Guys, why is the quantum enhancement such a big deal? 6 1 dam weapons score damage, all this means is on average 1 will fail to wound. Yiu still take 5 damage.

Because when you're drowning you can appreciate when the guy holding your head under stops laughing while they do it.