Post FAQ World Eaters

Lord Rust

So with the  ruling that the additional attack from the WE legion trait only applies ONCE per fight phase (not per activation), do the WE now have the worst legion trait?

sad Khârn

It's still good. Emperor's Children and Word Bearers still have worse Legion traits by far.

Considering Berserkers get to attack twice each round without strategem use, not so bad. Sucks for everything else though.

I kinda think the Wordbearer/ATSKNF should be baked into all Marines, loyalist and traitor alike, and then add on a proper chapter or legion trait.

Edited by Trevak Dal

Let's be honest, I think we were reaching a bit with applying the attack to both fight activations. If GW had meant to add +1 to the Attacks characteristic for that turn, they would have said it like that (though, to be fair, they've done weirder things).

But yes, the Legion Trait is pretty rubbish. It was pretty bad even when you interpreted it as a straight characteristic bonus, to be fair. The only reasons to use World Eaters over, say, Brazen Beasts or Red Corsairs are to take Berzerkers as Troops and have access to Veterans of the Long War. And even so, you could get both of those by taking a mixed-Legion detachment.

Edited by Cheex

I think that Word Bearers still hold the crown, with +1 to summoning. 

The Emperor's Children "Always Strike First" is also looking lackluster now that Ynarri get that plus +1 to hit on the charge. 

Or considering the Flawless Host Legion Trait (but they dont have NM as troop or VotLW). Not to mention EC got the most useless relic. 

Edited by DreamIsCollapsing