Man of Iron potentially being used by Mechanicus?

My thoughts are, what if a Forge World came upon a Man of Iron? Even better, what if said Man of Iron actually worked with said Forge World, or was successfully controlled by them? Since they have rules now (UR-025 from Blackstone Fortress) I was wanting to run one, but I'd like a lore reason to run it.

An actual, verified Man of Iron would be literally the MOST kill-on-sight thing a loyal Forge World could possibly encounter. They would happily blow up a sun and allow billions of innocents to die if they thought it would be caught in the blast.

Of course, if you want to play a bunch of radical hereteks, you can kinda do whatever you want.

As I recollect, the Men of Iron was the primary reason for the ban on AI in the Imperium...... they didn't play well with others:down: It might be interesting to use in a narrative game though.

I'm interested in having my Forge World make use of their bodies. Which I'm sure you're aware of, considering you've seen my other thread pertaining to the matter.

I just read your short story.  That clearified it for me....... sounds like an interesting prospect.

I'd like to see how this hypothetical army would play on tabletop. It could prove interesting. The idea lore-wise seems like almost a insult to the AdMech, though. That is, if they are being fooled. They are supposed to smart, intelligent people (at least that's how I've always interpreted it, I know 40k is very much interpretable so our visions of the AdMech may conflict) and they should be able to tell a Men of Iron from a really beefed Servitor. That's why I'm iffy on UR, I like the story but it's weird on its treatment of the AdMech.

Back on track, yes it sounds cool, I'd like to see if it functions on-tabletop.

Edited by Bruce Malcom

If you take a look in my signature, you'll find a link to my in-universe explanation for AdMech utilizing Man of Iron bodies. I'm working on rules for running Ragnarus Sword of Ages Squads (squads of Men of Iron following my fluff) with Troops, Elites and HQs alike. I'll be using modified versions of UR's stats for all of them.