No more 2++, but...

Soder

So if GWs intention was to not allow us access to any kind of 2++ they def missed the mark.. saw this on Dakkadakka, sharing.

“I like how in GW's quest to snuff out our 2++ combos (Heed, BroChamp) they neglected to edit the Warding Stave language... which was literally the SAME as Heed re: "add 1 to invulnerable saving throws".

Could this have been intentional on their part? Not likely. The more probable & sadder explanation is that they simply forgot about the Warding Stave and it's capability of RAW a 2++ in the Fight phase. Proving even more that GW doesn't give half a mind to think about GK more than they're required to.”

Originally posted by Nairul on Dakkadakka.

Do you guys think this was intentional or not?

RAW = Any unit with 4++ equipped with warding stave and sanctuary essentially still gives it a 2++ in the fight phase..

This would be possible to use on a generic GM and BroCap but probably not worth it anyways vs equipping a hammer. I def think it’s just a big oversight on their part!

I looked up the archon to check out it’s rules. Are there any other units in the game that effectively still have a 2++? Sadly I’m only familiar with GK and Ork rules. Edited by Soder

Keep in mind that a 2++ is much less worth on a T3 model than it is on a T4 or even a T6 model though. There are MUCH more wounds incoming he has to throw his 2++ against and once he fails even just one roll then the 2++ is gone for the rest of the game.

Has Castellan Crowe avoided the 'Only In Death....' strategem nerf? Says (other than a Brotherhood Champion) in the rule when determining what characters.

So is that indicating that the Brotherhood Champion datasheet can't use it or rather the keyword itself, as I know CC has the keyword himself.

Edited by Biscuittzz