Necron Homebrew Fixes/Suggestions for 40kFAQ

NTaW

For 2cp, we still have to roll, and it requires an extant RezOrb? I think moving it to the end of the phase (or the beginning of our next turn or something) makes sense.

BTW, NTaW, grats! Never noticed the promotion

For 2cp, we still have to roll, and it requires an extant RezOrb? I think moving it to the end of the phase (or the beginning of our next turn or something) makes sense.

BTW, NTaW, grats! Never noticed the promotion

No ResOrb required, just thought it might be cool to incorporate with a slight advantage since the points are so high. Maybe we could say roll with a +1 modifier? I always hesitate to push bigger buffs but it could make up for Crypteks having no effect on it. Oh! Maybe limit it to one use per unit per game like Resurrection Protocols for characters.

Oh, we will need a new name for this.

Thanks buddy, it's brand spankin' new maybe within the last day or so. You noticed it probably within my first dozen posts after my status changed.

The fact they can get wrecked in a later phase is ok. I would also vote moving to the end of a phase.

Moved to the end of the phase it will be!

I bet I could get a friend of mine to let me experiment with some of these rules. He wins a lot anyway :laugh.:

EDIT: How about this, borrowing from the existing Resurrection Protocols stratagem I apparently forgot existed until last night. My thinking on the 1 wound remaining is that this could pull a full unit of Destroyers back from off the table which is pretty powerful. I'm curious about the point values that these other unit recycle stratagems turn over since I know at least with Orks and Tyranids the infantry is pretty darn cheap even at 30 models. How that stacks up against the 300 points for Destroyers could be of influence here.

Emergency Reanimation Protocols 2CP

Use this stratagem when a NECRONS INFANTRY unit is completely destroyed. At the end of that phase, make Reanimation Protocols rolls equal to the number of models at starting strength regardless of how many casualties the unit had suffered throughout the game (models lost to Morale remain lost), adding 1 to the roll if they were WARRIORS or IMMORTALS. Models recovered this way are placed as close as possible to their previous position, and more than 1" away from enemy models*.

*Optional inclusion: , with 1 wound remaining. This stratagem cannot be used to resurrect the same model more than once per battle.

MOAR EDITS: Tyriks brought up a smaller minimum unit size of 5 for Warriors as well as a tesla weapon option. What makes more sense S3 Assault 2 or S4 Assault 1? The former and 20 Warriors would have double the shots of 10 Immortals but a harder time wounding just about everything. The latter and they would have the same shooting but S4 is a great spot for a line weapon.

Edited by NTaW

• 2 weeks later...

S3 assault 2 could get crazy. Maybe reduce the range to 18" on that also. Or have 6s generate fewer bonus hits. Then again s3 will be wounding most targets on 5s so it would not be that crazy unless you're shooting weak hordes, in which case you're still wounding 50% of the time at best.

20 warriors with that Tesla gun (and no MWBD) would avg 16.667 wounds on cultists. Pretty good. But on other Warriors, the avg drops to 6.667 wounds. For comparison, Gauss would kill 8.889 Warriors in rapid fire range, and a comparable number of guardsman to the Tesla. With MWBD though, the Tesla is better all around (just like with Immortals).

Edited by Tyriks

Another change I would like is for Triarch units to get <Dynasty>. Even if they don't benefit from the Dynastic Codes. I played a game yesterday and brought all of my Triarch units and it reminded me how painful it is using them. They're almost completely prevented from interacting with the rest of the army which makes them so hard to justify.

An alternative option (or additional) could be adding a Triarch character that can slot into any army but can buff Praetorians somehow. Make it as fast as them with standard weapon options but with MWBD (or an aura) that only works on Triarch units.

I mean these are much less drastic fixes than others suggested how about on a basic level fixing ResOrbs? For example, a unit with X Range of a Character w/ ResOrb can always “Reanimation” even if the entire unit had already been removed as casualty*.

And add the change for protocols themselves to be whenever the unit could move or consolidation roll protocol. The latter would be cool as it means charging a Necron unit and not wiping it would activate protocols.

Another small change I didn’t even realize wasn’t a thing (by that I mean my first game vs immortals in 8th while still playing in the indexes) give immortals back their T5. I do like guass doing an additional damage vs monster and vehicles on roll of 6

*perhaps place a restriction requiring another unit of same chassis still on board.

Tyriks, what if we scaled the tesla option for Warriors down similarly to how they already exist; it currently goes Assault 4/S7, Assault 3/S6, Assault 2/S5, could the math support Assault 1 S4? That way 20 Warriors would have the same number of shots at 10 Immortals but with a little bit of a hard time wounding.

I would like to see a Triarch Code that functions the same as the rest, but with open wording for keywords maybe. Pariahs could be an HQ choice?

Schlitzaf, I do miss my T5 Immortals that's for sure! They have the same torsos as Lychguard it would make sense they have a similar toughness.

Still formulating thoughts on ResOrbs and RP rolls in general personally but don't let that stop the conversation. I feel like if there's a change to RP rolls it would have to be figured out before any chance to ResOrbs due to their interaction but I am always at a loss for where to go with it. Part of me wishes that RP was more like Disgustingly Resilient but the other part really enjoys the feel of models reanimating from off table.

Yeah, I think the change to RP this edition is much more cinematic but also much weaker. If our roll was easier (4+ base, same available buffs) it would make a huge difference. As it is, it's DR that the opponent can negate and that applies to significantly fewer units.

I think if they made it happen at the end of every phase it might be better. And allow us to roll for units that are destroyed that phase (if none get back up, you can't roll again in subsequent phases). That would be a little better than DR on infantry units because if they overkill the unit shots are wasted, whereas DR they can keep shooting all phase. I think that woukd make up for not having it on as many units.

Edit: this would necessitate making it something you only roll when the wound is lost/model is killed. That's fine with me though, and would make ResOrb very good, I think.

Edited by Tyriks

Give gauss flayers the same rule as the bolt carbines Astartes Infiltrators have.

Hit rolls of 6 automatically wound with no roll needed.

It would help against vehicles that they struggle to score wounds on.

Give gauss flayers the same rule as the bolt carbines Astartes Infiltrators have.

Hit rolls of 6 automatically wound with no roll needed.

It would help against vehicles that they struggle to score wounds on.

That represents the weapon equally against all targets too, but would it be a natural 6 or a 6+? The latter can of course be subject to the same manipulations as Tesla getting auto-wounds on 4+ in the right scenario.