Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2000 point list, Pure Original Astartes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts
Battalion Detachment

HQ

Captain w/Jump Pack, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield (WL Trait: Artisan of War, Relic: Angel’s Wing, Stratagem: Death Visions of Sanguinius) – 124

Terminator Librarian w/Force Axe and Storm Bolter (Wings of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage) - 112

Troops

5 Scouts w/Boltgun x 3, Bolt Pistol and Missile Launcher – 75

5 Scouts w/Boltgun x 3, Bolt Pistol and Heavy Bolter – 65

5 Scouts w/Bolt Pistols, Combat Knives – 55

Fast Attack

5 Assault Marines w/Jump Packs, Chainsword x 2, Meltagun x 2, Thunder Hammer and Plasma Pistol – 124

3 Scout Bikers w/Shotguns and Twin Boltguns – 69

Elites

10 Death Company w/Jump Packs, Power Sword x 4, Power Maul x 2, Power Fist x 2, 2 x Chainsword – 242

Battalion Detachment

HQ

Brother Corbulo – 83

Lieutenant w/Chainsword and Grav Pistol – 65

Troops

5 Scouts w/Boltguns – 55

5 Scouts w/Boltguns – 55

5 Scouts w/Boltguns – 55

Elites

10 Death Company w/8 x Chainsword, 2 x Power Fist – 188

Death Company Dreadnought w/Heavy Flamer x 2 – 135

5 Sternguard Veterans w/5 x Special Issue Boltguns – 80

5 Sternguard Veterans w/5 x Special Issue Boltguns – 80

Flyer

Stormraven Gunship w/TL Assault Cannon, TL Multi-Melta, Hurricane Bolters x 2 – 338

CP: 3 (Battle forged) +5 (Battalion) +5 (Battalion) -1 (DVOS) = 12

I've had success in games with a similar list to this, which I posted a while back. I was particularly pleased with a win over a Chaos Marine army rocking the new codex and Vigilus stuff. However, I found that I didn't have enough command points to go around, which caused problems on crucial late game rolls. I'm hoping the double-battalion setup will help here. Any comments, suggestions and/or criticism you have would be really appreciated. I don't usually play at tournaments but my gaming group is fairly competitive and I like to win. The lack of Primaris Marines though is a deliberate choice. I do own some, and if I were to build a codex marine army I'll probably use them, but I want to use my BA army to fight the corner of original marines as much as possible. 

"They are the sons of the Angel, the blooded host, the defenders of Humanity. They are strength. They are nobility. They are the Blood Angels, and I say to you there are no more loyal or determined servants of the Emperor alive today."

Paulochromis

Paulochromis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,566 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Carcharodons

Nice list. I'm considering something similar.

I understand your self-limitation with respect to Primaris, the lore behind my army precludes bothe Primaris and all things related to the Death Company.

What would you suggest instead of your 2 10-man DC units & DC Dread?

I'm considering two different large jump pack squads, namely Sanguinor + Sanguinary Ancient + Sanguinary Guard as one blob, and Vanguard for the other.

• t-dog1996 likes this

War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebrums and smaller adrenal glands. -H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)
It's not the genius who is 100 years ahead of his time but average man who is 100 years behind it. -Robert Musil (1880-1942)
People of small caliber like to sit on high horses. -Magdalena Samozwaniec (1894-1972)

19.jpg

t-dog1996

t-dog1996

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts

I used to really like the Sanguinor, but frankly I'm really not sure he's worth the points anymore. 150 points nets you a neat buff character but one who is pretty much incapable of operating alone. No rerolls to hit or wound, only a 4+ invulnerable save, 5 wounds and T4 just isn't good enough for me at that cost. When you compare him to Slamguinius who is 26 points cheaper there's honestly no comparison to be made. Slam doesn't need support, he can smash the enemy into the ground on turn 1 just fine by himself with a good chance of living to tell the tale. You might consider 2 Jump Pack Chaplains and 2 Vanguard Blobs. Probably the most cost-effective choice. A normal Furioso makes a good stand-in for the DC Dread. Not as devastating but can do well against hordes thanks to the frag cannon.

How come you're not doing Death Company?

"They are the sons of the Angel, the blooded host, the defenders of Humanity. They are strength. They are nobility. They are the Blood Angels, and I say to you there are no more loyal or determined servants of the Emperor alive today."

Paulochromis

Paulochromis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,566 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines, Carcharodons

How come you're not doing Death Company?

Becsause the army is painted as Ultramarines!

I know, I know, it's heresy, right?

I need C:BA since no other codex gives me a Librarian Dreadnought.

Sanguinor + Sang Guard is ghost of Calgar with Honour Guard.

Librarian Dreadnought is Brother Varro (Tigurius).

Chaplain Dreadnought is Brother Ortan (Cassius) who rolls with Vanguard Vets = Tyrannic War vets.

2 Stormravens for dakka and to move dreads if required.

I do have a slam captain in there, but no Death Visions.

No place for DC really.

Edit: typos

Edited by Paulochromis, 27 June 2019 - 01:08 AM.

War will never cease until babies begin to come into the world with larger cerebrums and smaller adrenal glands. -H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)
It's not the genius who is 100 years ahead of his time but average man who is 100 years behind it. -Robert Musil (1880-1942)
People of small caliber like to sit on high horses. -Magdalena Samozwaniec (1894-1972)

19.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users