Finally discovered the power of the Slamguinius

Whoooooo, boy. I built myself a WYSIWYG Slamguinius because I have a friend who just does not stop with the cheese. We're talking Drukhari aerial lists and such. Sooooo, I built a Slamguinius out of secondhand parts and - get this - bits given to me by said friend. He gave me a Thunder Hammer and a Jump Pack. Without me asking for anything specific, he gave me a Blood Angels Jump Pack with an Iron Halo on it. In other words, exactly what I needed. (On the off chance you read this, thank you, by the way. Big help.)

Now to the good stuff. Chapter Master Slamguinius is exactly what he is: a Slamguinius. -1 army CP to give him Death Visions and some such points for a Storm Shield, which gives him the tankiest saves: 3+/3++/6+++, with 5 attacks. Give him a Thunder Hammer for lots of wounds and great AP, although you're paying for it in a point of WS and (get this) more than a whole Primaris Intercessor. Put a Librarian w/Jump Pack next to him (with Force Staff for helping melee) and cast Unleash Rage on the tanky lad for an extra attack. Feel free to use Smite or Blood Boil as your other spell for the turn to soften up the target or use Quickening to help the Librarian make the charge. Run a Sanguinary Priest with Jump Pack with him and use it to up his strength by 1 (giving his attacks Strength 10 because Thunder Hammers give x2 Strength and are essentially better Power Fists) and keep him up if he loses wounds by healing him. Priest can also take shots at the same target as the other two HQs. Slamguinius also adds 1 to his wound rolls on any turn where he charges or gets charged, which is nice. Tack on Artisan of War for an extra damage on his hammer and use your Relic slot for The Angel's Wing, which makes it so he NEVER takes Overwatch. Run them with a squad of Reivers for extra melee, run them in a Supreme Command separate from the main army, and boom, instant deepstrike death if you make your charges.

Use to target backfield artillery, tanky Warlords or pretty much anything you need to delete in one turn, save 10+ wound Knight-equivalents (Lord of Skulls, Gorkanaut, etc). Although such a Knight drops in 2-3 turns with good dice anyway, so if you really want to tie up a Lord of War in melee, send in the Command Squad of Slamguinius.

Edit: fixed how Strength is calculated. Also, have a Command Squad of Slamguinius list made by me around this idea.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/355647-smash-squad/

Edit 2: fixed how Strength is calculated AGAIN. Also factored in a few things based on replies and the above thread.

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

Don’t forget to red rampage!

Explain?

Isn't it str 9 on a TH with the priest buff?

Multiplier is added first then the +, or am I wrong?

Oh, huh. I'm not sure, actually. I feel like it should be bonus, then multiplier, since the bonus is added to base STR, and the multiplier multiplies STR.

Explain?

Oh, huh. I'm not sure, actually. I feel like it should be bonus, then multiplier, since the bonus is added to base STR, and the multiplier multiplies STR.

Brother Cruoris is correct. The strength bonus is added after the multiplier.

Explain?

Alright. Still Strength of 9, which is unreal for a single model.

Explain?

Alright. Still Strength of 9, which is unreal for a single model.

Nah, it's Strength 10. Let me explain.

It's true that it's still multiplication before addition. However you have two parts that get calculated separately. First you apply modifier directly to the statline of a model, in this case the +1S from the priest which buffs him to S5. Then you apply modifier from weapons, so in this case Sx2 from the hammer which buffs his now S5 to S10.

It's different from how it used to be in 7th where all modifier got thrown into the same pot at once.

What are peoples opinions on a slam captain on a bike?

14" movement up from 12" and can turbo boost advance, but you lose FLY, deepstrike, and so the stategems UWOF and DoA.

However, slightly more tanky with +1 T +1 W.

14" movement up from 12" and can turbo boost advance, but you lose FLY, deepstrike, and so the stategems UWOF and DoA.

Not worth it imo. +1T is nice but not being able to use our Stratagems, not being able to get on top of ruins, not being able to jump over terrain and units (now in the charge phase again as well except for terrain!) is just not worth the +2" movement and turbo boost doesn't really matter as you can't charge after doing so anyway.

RAW it's not S9 either imo but this is really going offtopic now and isn't even remotely relevant since there is a clarification after all. ^^

Might be useful in addition to the normal Slamguinius, but not as a replacement. The bike loses the ability to go into ruins and doesn't have as much synergy with the BA stratagems. 

Can confirm. Did that, then a chaos lord next turn, then a maulerfiend, then a ravager and finally nailed a de archon with shadowfield when he gunned me down so i used the strat to make a shooting attack with combi melta.

I did say he should just stop trying to charge me every time i killed something.

It's great addition to normal Slamguinius.

Always take both. Angels wing for classic one - Hammer of baal on bike - and also make him warlord with GoF - because 5+ FNP reroling 1 with T5 and 6 W makes him really tanky and killy (and also because jump pack one is always on a suicide mission which is a bad for a warlord)

I wish my Captain Smash would perform like that. Last game I threw him against a Knight and he did only 9 damage with fighting twice and red rampage and then he died. :D

My Slamguinius, with this build, made his charge against a squad of Wraithguard, but his secondaries (I only have the Priest and Librarian right now) did not. Slam ate up the Wraithguard's overwatch with his "I cannot take overwatch attacks ever" ability, popped two in the first attack then got incinerated by their super-flamers after getting hit by a spell to reduce his invuln save. After that, I got destroyed, because my list as a whole isn't good, just Slamguinius. For the record, my list sucks because I don't have money to make it good.