Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can Blood Angels utilize non-BA Space Marines stratagems?

Adeptus Astartes Blood Angels

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 329 posts

Like it says on the tin. Blood Angels are, after all, Marines. I'm not suggesting they can use Ultrasmurf or Fists stratagems, just the generic Space Marines ones.

= All our ignorances bring us closer to annihilation. =                         = Revere the Omnissiah, for it is the source of all power. =

My first real conversion, the ruinous Lord Rotpurge.                           Project: Steel of Ages, led by Fabricator-General Zephaniah Adriyen.

My Death Guard Warband, the list Lord Rotpurge is a part of.            The home system of the Crimson Knights.

My Astartes list, the Crimson Knights.                                                  "On Lord Leviathan, Fallen Knight of Ragnarus" - Zephaniah Adriyen

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,078 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Well first of all you need a detachment with just units from the Codex: Space Marines. That means no Blood Angels in said detachment. And then it completely depends on what the Stratagem says. If it says to pick a ADEPTUS ASTARTES unit/model then you can use it on Blood Angels. If it says pick a <CHAPTER> unit/model then you can't since you can't replace that one with BLOOD ANGELS (or SPACE WOLVES or DARK ANGELS for that matter).

That being said we already have most of the generic Space Marine Stratagems in our own Codex anyway.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,792 posts

I thought there was something somewhere that specifically called this out. Not sure where but I remember something saying "blah blah blah, replace <chapter> with XXX. This only works for Codex: Space Marines etc.".

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Artisan.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifgallery_40907_9492_16201.jpgETL_2018_Medal_06_Dominus_Exercitus.gifETL_2018_Medal_03_Primus_Interpares_01.gETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

shanewatts

shanewatts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 414 posts

Most of the more generic space marine stratagems are in the BA codex already, is there a specific scenario in question here?

gallery_62972_14467_5253.jpg

Zephaniah Adriyen

Zephaniah Adriyen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 329 posts

We don't have Chapter Master. Which means we can't take Chapter Masters for our Successors.

= All our ignorances bring us closer to annihilation. =                         = Revere the Omnissiah, for it is the source of all power. =

My first real conversion, the ruinous Lord Rotpurge.                           Project: Steel of Ages, led by Fabricator-General Zephaniah Adriyen.

My Death Guard Warband, the list Lord Rotpurge is a part of.            The home system of the Crimson Knights.

My Astartes list, the Crimson Knights.                                                  "On Lord Leviathan, Fallen Knight of Ragnarus" - Zephaniah Adriyen

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,078 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

That's right, we can't take Chapter Masters unfortunately. In return we can turn multiple characters into deathcompany though.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

shanewatts

shanewatts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 414 posts

I believe as long as you have a codex space marine detachment to give you access to these stratagems, you should be able to use this on a BA Captain. I don't have any books in front of me right now though, I will check when I get home.

• Malios likes this

gallery_62972_14467_5253.jpg

Xenith

Xenith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,179 posts

For successors, you use the BLOOD ANGEL keyword, but then say this guy that looks like Dante is actually chapter master XYZ of the Encarmine Chalice Tearers.

Otherwise, you have to use multiple detachments. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users