BCK's Necromunda Thread of Stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Initial sketch and first round of GS on a juve that I want to obviously look younger and smaller than the normal models, like the original minis did. 

yNLvjCH.png

TjIKbVJ.png

I wanted one of my lasgun gals to be aiming her gun and it was going to be extremely difficult to pull off with the options presented with the gang sprues, so I nabbed a spare Van Saar lasgun from several extras I'd purchased off eBay a little while back. 

EfrVtB7.png

I'd like the level of the gun to be higher and I'll address that next, but I like the way it's looking already. 

Update on the tactical Escher gal with a better positioning of the gun as well as a slight change to left leg to open up her stance for something better suited to shooting than the previous catwalk strut. 

XxqcsO6.png

While I was working on this last night, it made me think of a video game character I might model her after:

YnyEGWi.png

Maya, Queen of the elemental SMGs, from Borderlands 2 for those who aren't familiar. If I did a bodysuit like hers, I wouldn't have to sculpt abs again...

Ahh, I love classic Maya. Did you get a hold of the Warlord Zombie sprues in the end? Like I said, they’re great for open hands and you can still make a pile of Zombies afterwards, which is nice. Some of the heads look pretty good on Imperial Guard (or Necromunda) models, as some of the Zombie heads just look like grumpy and scared humans (rather than the literal undead. They have a flat neck rather than a ball and socket joint, but with your GS skills, I’m sure you’d manage. I can sort out some scale shots if you’re curious?

There are some cool looking conversions here. For some reason, I really like the one with the skirt. My gaming group are kicking off a second Campaign at the end of November, so it’s nice to get some inspiration for Necromunda again.

Dallo

No, I couldn't find any of the zombie spures as it appears they're OOP. :sad.:

Like a lot of my figures that frequently conjure up little stories in my head, these Eschers are no different! I envision a scene where the two new juves are joining the gang for their first battle and the big scary leader with her respirator mask, giant mohawk, and plasma pistol is telling the one girl that the skirt is likely to get her killed in combat and if she lives she should consider pants. If I ever get around to playing and the time comes that the juves are upgraded to regular gang members, I want to do new versions of them. 

• 11 months later...

I've neglected this thread for a while and forgot to post some older 'Munda stuff I did and have a few new things to show if you didn't catch them in my WIP thread in The Forge. 

I found a Sororitas body - no head or arms - on eBay a while back for a few dollars and it was originally going to be a hired gun but the idea evolved into converting a set of triplets that would become known as the Gorgons and you can read some of my background about them here. Here's the initial sketch of Ryalee to get an idea of what might be possible the sororitas body. 

TmX28Mw.png

Refining the idea to make it look more like an Escher and giving the electrochip a pose to make it look like it being used properly. 

gtGhAZn.png

This is where I left the model a while back but plan on finishing her soon. (The whip is still going to be there, don't worry)

BLjmYj7.png?1

This is the first phase of making the second of the triplet minis, Sithena, who is going to be even bigger than the heavy stubber Escher I made.

fZcJ762.png

I haven't started on Miduza yet because I'm still not sure how I want her to look, but I recently happened across a conversion challenge on Instagram where the goal is to make 3 different versions of the same character in different parts of their lives. I decided to do a Goliath for mine, starting as a new ganger in phase one, a champion in phase two, and a leader in phase 3 (which I haven't started on yet). As is tradition, life happened and I lost a lot of hobby time and won't make the deadline, but here's my progress so far:

Phase 1 is an extremely arrogant and overconfident young man who goes into his first large scale gang action without any armor and only his own sense of superiority to protect him. It's a standard Goliath mini that 

Su8FdE3.png?1

Phase 2 is a much more seasoned Goliath who no longer underestimates his enemies and places some trust in a good amount of armor to help him keep breathing. He's also grown larger and stronger from the regular muscle juice as well as the stimms. Here's the early model when I was making him larger. 

SZtXjaE.png

The early GS work where I went way overboard on the torso muscles (I may have had a few drinks that night) and also a size comparison to a normal Goliath. 

L6eSxHa.png

Refining the idea of Phase 2 and using some of that unintentional size in the torso muscles as the base to build his armor on. 

LsQxX6u.png

And the current progress pic. 

cH5Ecrb.png

I don't generally toot my own horn that much, but anyone who has kept up with my main thread knows how hard I criticize myself the majority of the time, and I'm really happy with how this guy is turning out. This last pic really seems to finally have that sense of mass and movement that I wanted when I saw the idea in my head. I'd like to get going on Phase 3 soon, but the idea is still not completely baked yet.