BCK's Necromunda Thread of Stuff

Folks, let's try and keep the focus of this thread to the OP and his personal Necromunda journey.

Questions of a general nature can be opened as new topics in the sub forum.

BloodWolves, on 17 May 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:
With Enforcers on the way.. Im hoping to learn some things about Necromunda so this thread is awesome. What Rule Books do you need? Is it just the new Necromunda: Gangs of the Underhive book?

You'll need a copy of the Necromunda Rulebook (how to play) and Necromunda: Gangs of the Underhive (House Gangs, Hired Guns and Hangers-on) to cover all bases.

-Ran

Thanks, Ranulf!

Finally got some paint going while I slowly puzzled out what colors to go with and settled on a dark red color for the jacket and pants. 

Gvv0UcC.png

Since I now use P3 paints almost exclusively, the Sanguine Base color was perfect for the jacket and pants, and the shade color I made for it by mixing in some Coal Black looked so good I decided to do the boots and gloves in that color instead of black. The whole time the feeling of familiarity of this paint scheme kept nagging at me... Dark red jacket and pants, grey shirt, and darker boots. Where the hell have I seen that before?

Ohhhhhh yeah. I remember now. 

fLZrhd3.png

Looking good Kage, you will need a boom box with the GotG soundtrack on mixtape present whenever you play though

You know it. 

So, the Star-Lords of Iron? I can dig it.

Looking good so far.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Thanks!

Sold! I've had that colour scheme in my head for a while and it looks great. Are you going to have the shoulder pads a different colour at all?

I want to do something with the shoulder pads, yeah, but not sure what. 

• 2 weeks later...

The remaining 8 figures are mostly done! Still got a few things to finalize and a little GS patching here and there, but without further ado:

3 gangers:

LrqbRQ4.png

1st guy has a combat shotgun but it's just a normal shotgun for now. 

3 more gangers:

Q4kUlRO.png

Obviously stealing from my GSC sprues for these guys. 'Cause, you know, futuristic rednecks with machine guns need some variety. And I didn't notice the left arm slip on the shotgun guy until I got these in Photoshop. 

And two shots of the leader with the second champ. 

LNDeraC.png

I wanted to show off my Frankenstein bolt gun that I made from an upper of a Phobos pattern bolter and a lower of the Orlock-specific autogun. This is the second attempt because I cut the Phobos at a slight angle on the first try and ruined it. It's not perfect and still needs a bit of clean up, but I like it and it turned out to have a very close feel to the FN Minimi with 200 round soft ammo pack that inspired it. 

A shot of the Minimi from World War Z:

ElvG7LY.png

And with Tom Hardy as Twombly in Black Hawk Down:

FECv2Tj.png

In total it's 4 autoguns, 2 autopistols, 2 stubguns, 2 shotguns, 1 grenade launcher, 1 heavy stubber, and 1 bolter for the gang. 

Bolter-armed Leader looks the part, though Twombly's helmet looks a bit out of place IMHO.

Did you manage to get everybody in under the 1000 creds?

-Ran

That bolter conversion is great, I like the variation in autoguns aswell makes the Gangers a bit more unique. I agree with Ran about the helmet though it looks a bit off :( 

Bolter-armed Leader looks the part, though Twombly's helmet looks a bit out of place IMHO.

Did you manage to get everybody in under the 1000 creds?

-Ran

No, even dropping the two plasma pistols for a single bolter and no other gear on the leader wasn't enough. Honestly, it's the stubber that's killing me with the credits and while I hate to drop it, I might have to for the time being. 

That bolter conversion is great, I like the variation in autoguns aswell makes the Gangers a bit more unique. I agree with Ran about the helmet though it looks a bit off :sad.:

I have a bit of a story to go with the helmet though! It's not just random!

It's hard to get a heavy weapon in and have some decent variation in your gang, I've gone all in for a Heavy Bolter in my gang - first few games he won't achieve much without a Suspensor but I am hoping in a campaign after a few games it will be much better. Also need to give my Leader a melee weapon back, link below if you want to have a nosey:

https://yaktribe.games/underhive/gang/rikers_raiders.2058/

I look forward to the story about the helmet :D 

I like your team and I had considered a HB for the team, but I also absolutely want to get the max of 10 pairs of boots on the ground to start and I think the stubber will have to go. I learned the lesson a long time ago in 40k that more bodies and less upgrades almost always fared better because that smaller group definitely won't survive longer and probably won't deal out a large enough difference in damage to rival 2 or 3 more guys on the table. I got so minimalist with upgrades that a regular at the LGS commented once that I had the only horde space marine army he'd ever seen. 

I'm considering swapping the stubber for another grenade launcher if I do decide drop it. 

As for the story, ol' Bobby wasn't born on Necromunda, but was a Cadian combat medic that was sick of non-stop war and watching all the guys he patched up one day just get fed into the meat grinder the next. When his troop transport put into Necromunda to resupply and re-arm, he disappeared into the depths of the hive and started selling his medicae and gun skills to any gang that would hire him. He ended up staying with the Orlocks because they were the only gang he worked for he didn't detest and was eventually initiated into the gang with the proviso that he would never hold a leadership position. Orin (the heavy stubber champ) was just a kid when Bobby joined up and the old vet gave him the helmet as a good luck charm, which he's worn every since. 

I might spend too much time thinking about back story for my minis when I'm working on them. :biggrin.:

Yeah I know what you mean on the stubber - that is essentially two Gangers in price or one Ganger and a decent gun for the Champion. Only downside with my Gang is that I need to remove the Heavy Stubber from Blain and attach a Scout Heavy Bolter... Since I glued the nameplate onto the base already!

Here's a modified list to get all 10 models on the board. 

Leader: Boltgun, Telescopic Sight 

Champion 1: Grenade launcher, Stub Gun 

Champion 2: Autogun 

Ganger 1: Autogun  

Ganger 2: Autogun 

Ganger 3: Autogun 

Ganger 4: Autogun 

Ganger 5: Shotgun

Ganger 6: Shotgun

Ganger 7: Autopistol x2 

Total is 990 points. I'm bummed about not having the stubber, but that's still a lot of rapid fire and being able to put the sight on the boltgun gives the leader a 2+ at long range.