BCK's Necromunda Thread of Stuff

Yes, the power fist guy's artwork is from the old Inquisitor rule book. 

Since the Conversion Challenge is over, I'll start putting my updates on the Escer leader in here. 

Well, been an interesting few days on the conversion. Previously I cut away the armor on her back with the intention of trying to sculpt a leather jacket on her like those the Orlocks wear. The idea being that she killed an Orlock gang leader or champ and kept his jacket as a trophy, same as the Van Saar face plate that is now her right knee pad. 

ndM7Gbk.png

It didn't work out very well and I've given up on the idea after 2 attempts (2.5 really, since I tried real hard to fix the second one after the initial round of putty cured), so now I've replaced the armor on her back. Although it doesn't up very well in the image, I scratch built an ammo box and quickly came to realize that her new pose doesn't fit on a 25mm base all that well and I might have to give her a 32.

Still need to clean up the head where the bangs used to be, some GS spots that need retouching, and maybe adding something? I dunno, seems like a gang leader of the Eschers would have more bling on her. 

Thanks for the kind words, brothers. :smile.:

In other news, I think I now have my Escher list. 

Leader [220 Credits]

Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Lasgun 

Champion [225 Credits]

Heavy Stubber 

Champion [140 Credits]

Laspistol, Stiletto Sword, Lasgun

Ganger [55 Credits]
Lasgun

Ganger [55 Credits]
Lasgun

Ganger [55 Credits]
Lasgun

Ganger [55 Credits]
Lasgun

Ganger [95 Credits]
Shotgun, Acid Rounds

Juve [50 Credits]
Laspistol, Stiletto Knife

Juve [50 Credits]
Laspistol, Stiletto Knife

1000 Credits total

Had an idea for my shotgun Escher and cobbled something together last night before bed. 

58cSb9f.png

Not happy with the left arm, but I don't have many options. I wanted an open hand but there's none in the box and I don't have any other arms this small. The head won't be bald for too long since I'm planning on some custom hair. 

Yeah the lack of open left hand was what indirectly led to my original list being illegal (not enough gangers).

The bash looks pretty clean; you might find a suitable empty hand in your bitzbox maybe?

The bash looks pretty clean; you might find a suitable empty hand in your bitzbox maybe?

I still have some more clean up to do where the shotgun was joined to the lasgun stock, and I'm about 99% sure I don't have any arms that small in my bitz box. 

Would a cadian arm work, or are they too big? 

Too big. :(

Did a similar shotgun conversion using one from the GSC. Do you happen to have any Elven kits? There are some small elven open hands that might work, particularly the Sisters of the Thorn.

Might have a few DE wych arms around. I'll see if I can find some. 

Did a similar shotgun conversion using one from the GSC. Do you happen to have any Elven kits? There are some small elven open hands that might work, particularly the Sisters of the Thorn.

Might have a few DE wych arms around. I'll see if I can find some.

Yeah, if you look on my thread I used a wood elf arm - maybe a little too large but it looks ok.

Also given your GS skills you could always sculpt one?!

If you can get a hold of the Warlord games Male and Female Zombie sprues, I find they’re a great source of more petite open hands.

Dallo

Dang, I might try to snag one of those sprues. Thanks for the tip! Now for an update on the shotgun Escher!

First things first: I've had a back story idea in mind for the shotgun Escher with acid rounds and that is that she was on the receiving end of that very thing as a juve and barely survived, losing her left eye, ear, and most of that side of her face. Ever since, she's carried the same shotgun that nearly killed her and now doles out the same horrific injuries she sustained. 

VJMLPZO.png

Second, I absolute fething hate the way the right lower leg attaches to this model. Not only is it a nightmare to get it lined up properly while trying to get it to sit flat before the superglue cures, the mild ball and socket joint isn't engineered very well and there's not a whole lot of surface area for the glue to grab. After the first superglue job failed, I cleaned it up some and cut down the back of a knee a little, widening the socket and praying for more surface area and better adhesion. It held for a while, which is what was in my previous photos, but I snapped it off with only the tiniest bit of pressure earlier today. I cut away the cured glue as best I could and tried plastic cement to see if would work better. It did not. I finally got tired of messing with it, cut away the crappy contact surfaces and just pinned the goddamn thing. I'll fill the hole in later when I'm not wanting to chunk the model across the room. 

As for her face, similar to the scars I did on the marine heads, this is a plastic cement technique where I covered the areas I wanted scared, let it sit for a couple of minutes, then took a cut down brush (stiff bristles are key) and then I touched it to the melted plastic and pulled it away slightly - you're looking for the plastic to pull away like melted cheese on a pizza - and then pushed it back down so the strings get compressed into a nasty looking texture. 

I like this left arm a little better, but still not 100% happy with it. 

The leader of my gang has been getting some more progress as well, biggest of all are some filters added to her mask since it looked a little too plain. 

jLXNEvC.png

Still trying to figure out just how I'm going to give her a lasgun, for those occasions when she's not close enough to use the plas. 

And a little tip for anyone who does greenstuff sculpting and wants an easy way to see how your work holds up or if there's any glaring mistakes, is to simply desaturate the image and compare it the GS to the plastic. 

GAK0i5N.png

The contrast in the bright green color and the dull grey can be distracting and let your eyes move over a mistake or a problem area without even realizing it.