Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plague Marines, Dreadnoughts, & Heldrakes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Turbocharger

Turbocharger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
Please check this one out for me fella's. I dont know if anybody really uses heldrakes but I've always liked the models and am thinking about maybe buying a couple of them. The list is made up with a mixture of DG and Nurgle models that I've been using lately. I'm not certain on detachment rules and all that yet if anyone could also help me out on that. I use battlescribe, and added 2 extra detachments to my Death Guard battalion. One with the FW dreadnoughts and the other with drake's. Does that mean I do not get Command Points for having a battalion or can I just not use battle-forged? Thanks!

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Daemons) [] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chaos Allegiance: Nurgle

Detachment CP []

+ HQ +

Poxbringer []

Sloppity Bilepiper []

+ Troops +

Nurglings []: 7x Nurgling Swarms

Nurglings []: 7x Nurgling Swarms

Plaguebearers []: Daemonic Icon, 9x Plaguebearer, Plagueridden

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Battle-forged CP [3CP]

Detachment CP [5CP]

Legion: *No Legion Trait*

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince of Nurgle []: 4. Blades of Putrefaction, 6. Arch-Contaminator, Hellforged sword, Plague spewer, The Suppurating Plate, Warlord, Wings

Malignant Plaguecaster []: 1. Miasma of Pestilence, 5. Putrescent Vitality

+ Troops +

Plague Marines []
. Plague Champion
. . Codex: Boltgun, Plaguesword
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun
. Plague Marine w/ Special Weapon: Blight launcher

Plague Marines []
. Plague Champion

Plague Marines []
. Plague Champion

+ Elites +

Foul Blightspawn []

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought []: 2x Kheres assault cannon

Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought []: 2x Kheres assault cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Plagueburst Crawler []: 2x Plaguespitter, Heavy slugger

+ Flyer +

Heldrake []: Baleflamer, Heldrake claws, Mark of Nurgle

Heldrake []: Baleflamer, Heldrake claws, Mark of Nurgle

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,164 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

If you're playing matched play your army is battle forged since its illegal not to be, so you get the base 3 CP.

If you have a detachment you get the CP for it unless its one of the weird Imperium ones in the FAQ like the 3 squads of Sisters of Silence Vanguard. That stuff all comes from the core rules, its the Codex rules that grant other stuff on top of CPs that are more limited.

Heldrakes are Heretic Astartes and can be Nurgle so can go in Nurgle and Heretic Astartes detachments but not Death Guard or Chaos Daemon ones. So if you put the Heldrakes in a detachment of Death Guard it stops being a DG detachment and you lose Inexorable Advance, access to DG stratagems, and that Objective secured rule.

Forge World Dreadnoughts can be Death Guard so would keep the DG rules in a pure DG detachment.

You could put the Heldrakes in the Daemon detachment, that would lose you the Locus of Nurgle on your heralds and access to the daemon stratagems and objective secured or add in a third heldrake and take a chaos space marines air wing detachment.

If you have 14 nurglings and 10 plaguebearers I would ditch the plague bearers and split the nurglings into 3 units. Plague bearers are great in large units but 10 is pretty useless even as a distraction.

Edited by Closet Skeleton, 02 May 2019 - 07:29 AM.

Turbocharger

Turbocharger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
Thank you! That's s good idea to throw the drakes in the nurgle detachment too nice call. I actually played this list that night on TTS agianst an eldar list and pretty much had him beat on t1 when I went first. We did play open war and I gave him a ruse card just to make it even more challenging. The ruse ended up giving his whole army -1 to hit but I deployed 2nd on 18in of the left side of the board and his was an 18 in horizontal box on the opposite side. I deployed everything on the front line starting with my PM's and the bls wiped outa unit of infantry np. Gave him everything he wanted to shoot at on a silver platter. I got first turn as well too, so I actually advanced my pbc and hid it in 100%cover. I summoned in 1 unit of nurglings with caster t1 and put them right in front of his front line and then got sloppy in with them as well. Deep stiked the other ones t2 behind his lines where my drakes ended up and wiped the guys he had to cover his WL which was down on t1 once the nurglings got in there with the 2 drakes. Those ate at the back lines my army moved up to flamer range on pbc while discretely walking those 10 plague bearers up to cover my caster. Once he was in t3 I got leper off to finish another wraithguard unit and smited some more farseers. Meanwhile the dreadnoughts took most of the fire and he got 1 down on t1 and the 2nd pretty wounded. But that was an error on his part because my pbc, caster, dp, nurglings, sloppy, fbs, and 2 1/2 PM Units were knocking on his front door to toss some.nades at the bulk of his army

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users