The Blood Angels ETL VII Campaign Awaits!

Jolemai

I've got some bikes, more Sanguinary Guard, 5 Hellblasters, 10 Reivers, another Repulsor, several characters, 5 ASM, a bunch of tactical marines.

Hopefully, we can pledge Knights again and I can add in my 2 Warglaives.

I've been trying to save up and only been painting what I need so I have more to work on for the ETL. I will definitely be a few reasonably sized vows.

Been doing the same! I'm on a steady rate of finishing a single half-painted model a month atm...

How are you planning to break up that wedge of models?

I know I'm going to start with the golden boy, Tycho from GBBO.because I want to participate. If my soul isn't sucked dry from this semester I'll try to do a squad of either SG or bikes. I really want to shoot for best squad honors, but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to do that.

Just plan it out. An hour or a colour before bed can do wonders *and* can help you relax after a hard day.

Whatever you manage will be greatly appreciated all the same :)

Excellent words honored Reclusiarch! Our spirits soar to new heights as our blood sing with the rythm of the Moripatris verses!

As for the ETL plan - the way I did it last year seems to work for me: A big vow at the start. Then a smaller one, and a few smaller still later on, as the patience of my family grows thin :P

Although I have plenty to paint, I don't think I'll beat my last year's 2960pts as most of those are Infantry. And we all know what a grind they can be. But I'd like to do 5 vows again.

Sounds good, if it isn't broke then don't fix it :tu:

Ran my numbers through Battlescribe (yes I do that...) and I'm at 883 which is almost 900 short of last year 0.o think I may need to prep something else...

So this year it's just codex options, no more FW or index options?

I will probably start with a vow of special characters. Maybe combined with couple of librarians and/or chaplains as those are fun to paint. Probably aiming for 1000+ points on the first vow.

Edit: I missed the last list of rules allowing FW entries. Now everything is clear :)

Nothing is confirmed, but going on what we know Index units and options are still out. FW entries (be it download or the FW book) are in.

A vow like that would be ace, would you be batch painting them?

I think I'm going to paint at least most of them in batches. Some of the named characters will have so different color schemes that I will probably paint those separately. I'm tempted to go for a big opening and paint most of the characters in a single vow. The list looks like this at the moment:

-Astorath

-Corbulo

-Lemartes

-Mephiston

-Tycho

-Sanguinor

-Terminator chaplain

-Chaplain

-3x Librarians

-3x Lieutenants

14 models and 1385pts total.

Impressive :tu:

This year my free time and will to paint are reduced, nevertheless, I will do at least one contribution. Got a metal Techmarine with servo-harness bathing in acetone, and brand new reinforcements in the form of primed Intercessors...

And even more reinforcements, hiding in their boxes...

Sorry to hear your time is restricted right now, I do love seeing your models <3 Any contribution you can make will be greatly received - do the thing you will enjoy the most :)

Yea, BattleScribe is a nice tool for the ETL. We can even create vow-detachments this way to keep things more organized :)
I have 1331pts prepped atm, with another ~4700pts in the "possible" section.
Anybody knows if we can use the Chaplain Dreadnought? I couldn't find it in a BA rooster in BattleScribe (I did found it available for Dark Angels HQ)

Edited by Majkhel

Yea, BattleScribe is a nice tool for the ETL. We can even create vow-detachments this way to keep things more organized :)

Anybody knows if we can use the Chaplain Dreadnought? I couldn't find it in a BA rooster in BattleScribe (I did found it available for Dark Angels HQ)

Try FW index astartes. All FW stuff for us should be there.

My Astraeus is primed and I have 2 Repulsors on deck to be primed. Been painting other things recently and I'm itching to get back to red!

Sounds perfect and an Astraeus is a monster too. We need one of them for the photo thread too :)

I’ll vow both my Baal bake off entries and a redemptor dreadnought

Then maybe more after I’ve finished them

Almost like it was planned ;)

Your GBBO entries will look stunning with some paint on them and the Redemptor is a more than welcome inclusion. If things go well and you have time for another go, what's in your backlog that you fancy doing?

I have

15 intersessors

10 hellblasters

a chaplain

2 captains

a librarian

Ancient

Apothecary

Redemptor

All to paint

To build and paint I have

10 reivers

6 inceptors

6 aggressors

a redemptor

So might vow more I’ll do small vows because I love building the model and feilding them but I really struggle with sitting down and spending time painting.

Anything you end up doing is welcomed but at the end of the day it's what you are comfortable with - the bottom line is about getting stuff painted and enjoying the process after all. Small view will always be fine :tu:

do we have solid dates on the event?

I'll have to dig through my stuff to see what needs painted

Not yet, no. If it doesn't begin on the 15th (traditionally one of the two starting dates) then it will be a new, later date. It's quite possible there will be a delay this year.

Anything you fancy painting this year?

My Astraeus is primed and I have 2 Repulsors on deck to be primed. Been painting other things recently and I'm itching to get back to red!

Sounds perfect and an Astraeus is a monster too. We need one of them for the photo thread too :)

I'll do my best!

What faction do the unnumbered sons count towards? Could we sneak them in here if theyre led by a blood angels captain? :p

Successors of any colour are fine, before now we've even had blue or purple Marines pledged to our cause.

What matters is they are pointed from our Codex and blatantly not something that belongs elsewhere (no Sanguinius as The Sanguinor for example).

It's listed in the HQ section as a "Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought" on Android version 2.02. (yes we can take them) :tu:

What weapon choice have you got?

"Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought" on Android version 2.02. (yes we can take them) :thumbsup:

What weapon choice have you got?

The best! (at least ETL-wise) :cool.:

Still need to glue the magnets though just in case.

gallery_105306_14251_154719.jpg

Sooo, "black is the colour of my true love's hair" :whistling:

In accordance with the tune, I've decided to do black priming this evening on the above boys. And with them, my ETL readiness increased to 1595pts

Current state of preparedness (including as per Prep thread):

9 HQ choices

A unit of scouts

A single combat squad (again)

Total is at least 1100pts

Pending:

Another 4 HQ choices.

Later start the better for me, tbqh

Edited by Zebulon

What faction do the unnumbered sons count towards? Could we sneak them in here if theyre led by a blood angels captain? :p

Successors of any colour are fine, before now we've even had blue or purple Marines pledged to our cause.

What matters is they are pointed from our Codex and blatantly not something that belongs elsewhere (no Sanguinius as The Sanguinor for example).

Unnumbered sons/greyshields are the collective primaris from the indomitus crusade, so dark angel, ultramarine, blood angel etc. In one unit. Theyre kinda all over the place, but if i led them by a blood angels captain and points costed them as blood angels? :P

Mine will be coloured in the original 18 legion colours as everyone knows cawl has created them anyway.

Otherwise i'll just keep it to my company and see if i can fit anything in to diversify haha

Don't tempt me to throw my Emperor's Spears in this ETL as counts as BA.