The Blood Angels ETL VII Campaign Awaits!

Jolemai

Are HH units allowed? ive got a unit of Dawnbreakers ready to go. and a Warder and a Apothecary.

Codex units only (+Knights possibly).

HH has its own section as Age of Darkness subfora. Apothecary is OK and Warden could pass for a Chaplain provided their wargear options are Codex-legal.

EDITED: Dawnbreakers would fit nicely as Vanguard Veterans weather they are the spear- or dual swords-wielding versions. 

Edited by Majkhel

What faction do the unnumbered sons count towards? Could we sneak them in here if theyre led by a blood angels captain? :p

Successors of any colour are fine, before now we've even had blue or purple Marines pledged to our cause.

What matters is they are pointed from our Codex and blatantly not something that belongs elsewhere (no Sanguinius as The Sanguinor for example).

Don't tempt me to throw my Emperor's Spears in this ETL as counts as BA.

Prepping for the first vow is done.

Today I started the prepping four dreadnoughts that will probably be part of my second vow. Broke one badly assembled dreadnought to pieces and managed to get it back together with librarian face plate. Biggest challenge will be converting the halberd to work on right side, as I only have ccw arms for left side :(

The other three will be DC dreadnought with fists, furioso with frag cannon and mortis with twin autocannons.

Today I started the prepping four dreadnoughts that will probably be part of my second vow. Broke one badly assembled dreadnought to pieces and managed to get it back together with librarian face plate. Biggest challenge will be converting the halberd to work on right side, as I only have ccw arms for left side :sad.:

The other three will be DC dreadnought with fists, furioso with frag cannon and mortis with twin autocannons.

4 Box-dreads in one vow! So cool! :smile.:

Good luck with the halberd arm. If you have a spare right shoulder, it should be pretty straightforward to attach the halberd arm there.

Edited by Majkhel

Today I started the prepping four dreadnoughts that will probably be part of my second vow. Broke one badly assembled dreadnought to pieces and managed to get it back together with librarian face plate. Biggest challenge will be converting the halberd to work on right side, as I only have ccw arms for left side :(

4 Box-dreads in one vow! So cool! :)

Good luck with the halberd arm. If you have a spare right shoulder, it should be pretty straightforward to attach the halberd arm there.

I tought about that first, but I don't really have any spare shoulders. With my luck the autocannon options are removed in next update and my mortis dreadnougt will be without arms if I break assault cannon arm.

I have broken the halberd shoulder into small pieces and used most of it to make a right shoulder. All it needs now is a big piece of green stuff and a lot of patience before it will look OK.

Today I started the prepping four dreadnoughts that will probably be part of my second vow. Broke one badly assembled dreadnought to pieces and managed to get it back together with librarian face plate. Biggest challenge will be converting the halberd to work on right side, as I only have ccw arms for left side :sad.:

I'd be keen to see a post-ETL dreadnought party thread. Halberd should be ok, just cut off the middle pin that the fist would normally go on, glue halberd blade on. 

I'll be in for sure, though I don't know if I will hit the scale of last year. 

On the plus side, I have aquired about 10+ more characters in the last year. And I have a small pile of Terminators to paint up. 

I also have a bunch of the new phobos stuff... but I am not sure how quick/painless those will be.

I do have some dreads that I need to primer so, I should be able to get them in maybe...

Current state of preparedness (including as per Prep thread):

9 HQ choices

A unit of scouts

A single combat squad (again)

Total is at least 1100pts

Pending:

Another 4 HQ choices.

Later start the better for me, tbqh

Excellent commitment to the cause and I'm looking forward to seeing them done :tu:

It will still be three months duration regardless of when we start if that helps :)

So tonight is prep nite, hopefully i'll have a good bunch of hq's assembled for undercoating tomorrow and can get the uc ready to go so its just paint like crazy when etl kicks off. Will try a group photo to show progress later

How'd you get on? I thought I was ready but I've been adding/fiddling with my models since... :teehee:

Right, if it stays as three months, I'l go for the space marine side of ShadowSpear, see if I can re-catch the BA bug.

It will always* be three months, with sign ups permitted in the first month only. How many models are in ShadowSpear again?

*This may change but it would be a safe bet imo

What faction do the unnumbered sons count towards? Could we sneak them in here if theyre led by a blood angels captain? :tongue.:

Successors of any colour are fine, before now we've even had blue or purple Marines pledged to our cause.

What matters is they are pointed from our Codex and blatantly not something that belongs elsewhere (no Sanguinius as The Sanguinor for example).

Unnumbered sons/greyshields are the collective primaris from the indomitus crusade, so dark angel, ultramarine, blood angel etc. In one unit. Theyre kinda all over the place, but if i led them by a blood angels captain and points costed them as blood angels? :tongue.:

Mine will be coloured in the original 18 legion colours as everyone knows cawl has created them anyway.

Otherwise i'll just keep it to my company and see if i can fit anything in to diversify haha

Then it's BA I guess?

As it's one of those cases where there are no rules, you can probably do as you wish however they may be more suited to Index (as it's a catch all) or Deathwatch (as they used mixed squads from other Chapters). If Semper were to rule in that direction, then I'd obviously prefer you to pledge BAs...

What faction do the unnumbered sons count towards? Could we sneak them in here if theyre led by a blood angels captain? :tongue.:

(I wouldn't do it.)

Emperor's Spears would count as Index so you'd need a good excuse to pledge them over here - so best leave them out and paint them another day...

Are HH units allowed? ive got a unit of Dawnbreakers ready to go.  and a Warder and a Apothecary.  

Are HH units allowed? ive got a unit of Dawnbreakers ready to go. and a Warder and a Apothecary.

Codex units only (+Knights possibly).

HH has its own section as Age of Darkness subfora. Apothecary is OK and Warden could pass for a Chaplain provided their wargear options are Codex-legal.

Dawnbreakers would be a tough fit, as we have Cataphractii termites available, but with different loadout. And the wouldn't match the count-as Assault Terminators, as the lack thunder hammers to go with their shields.

What are/how are Dawnbreakers equipped again? To add to what Majkhel has already said, it could be done (the lines blur somewhat between 30k and 40k) but it really depends on how they fit in with our Codex. @Ironandforge, would you be potentially doing any non-30k BA models?

Edited by Jolemai

I've decided I'm going to paint a squad I need and some stuff I want. Kairan Sun (Tycho) from the GBBO will of course be my first model in the line up. :biggrin.:

You think you can fit it in then go for it :tu:

I'm merely just attempting to deplete my backlog (although tbf I'm excited about doing one as it's been knocking around since 2004...)

Another 3 Eliminators pre-assembled and primed. I've also started dividing prepped units to vows. Got 2 so far. Second one will be black-themed and will include the Shadowspear units as well as DC and Chaplain Dreadnoughts.

Quite like your idea about having one detachment for definites and one for potentials on Battlescribe - unbound, obviously :tongue.:

How much do the Eliminators knock you up to? I'm on 900 with the definites but think I need to crank it up a tad.

Sounds like a really fun vow imo. I might have a Dreadnought ready for next year but not this time around :(

I'll be in for sure, though I don't know if I will hit the scale of last year. 

On the plus side, I have aquired about 10+ more characters in the last year. And I have a small pile of Terminators to paint up. 

I also have a bunch of the new phobos stuff... but I am not sure how quick/painless those will be.

I do have some dreads that I need to primer so, I should be able to get them in maybe...

Just do what you feel you can, we can't ask for more than that :)

Plan it out to make painting easier in batches and go from there :)

I've decided I'm going to paint a squad I need and some stuff I want. Kairan Sun (Tycho) from the GBBO will of course be my first model in the line up. :biggrin.:

You think you can fit it in then go for it :tu:

I'm merely just attempting to deplete my backlog (although tbf I'm excited about doing one as it's been knocking around since 2004...)

Ambitiously I have well over 2,000 points to play with over 3 months. However I dont think I will have near enough time. I want to paint some heavy flamer devs with a combi-flamer sergeant to stick inside my new bird alongside 10 footy DC. 1 to clear a line the other to charge through the Prometheum! LutherMax's 5 man DC squad have been a joy to field and I've found a home for them alongside my own boys in black.

The sneaky units I'm wanting to do are some bikes with meltas and chain swords.

Trying to figure out how I can join in? :ermm:

I got a few models lying around that I need to finish (as well as some that I still need to pick up) for an upcoming tourney. And some that I got as a gift from a buddy that I want to paint up.

So far ive got to paint: Librarian dreadnought, slamguinius, terminator ancient with thunderhammer, 3 lietenants with different wargear. And I still need to get 3 Inceptors and assemble 5 jump pack assault marines with 2 plasmaguns.

I heartily suggest that you leave guns for the Eliminators unglued before you paint what you want beneath them. Also the Phobos Librarian has some nice detail below his robes. Personally I'm keeping him in 2 halves (front and back) with hands already attached. Captain/Lieutenants can be fully assembled. Infiltrators I'm gluing without the gun holding hand, but they I think they are paintable fully assembled as well.

As for the Suppressors, I can't tell. I'll be leaving them out this time unless I'm suddenly struck by an inspiration. 

-What are/how are Dawnbreakers equipped again? 

-How much do the Eliminators knock you up to? I'm on 900 with the definites but think I need to crank it up a tad.

Ooooops, I've confused Dawnbreakers with Crimson Paladins :tongue.: Anyway Dawnbreakers are JP infantry with spears/dual swords. Both loadout versions could be painted as Vanguard Veterans  :thumbsup: 

Eliminators are at 72pts per squad. Not that much, but for me they are definitely less effort than say Aggressors or Inceptors.

Edited by Majkhel

(I wouldn't do it.)

Emperor's Spears would count as Index so you'd need a good excuse to pledge them over here - so best leave them out and paint them another day... red

Fixed your typo, Jole :devil:

30k dawnbreakers could very easily be vanguard veterans with 2x swords. 

My summer is already pretty full up, and I have my usual month away from my models in the middle, cutting ETL down to 8 weeks for me. I'll do a tot up of my current points in my plog, but I can't see myself smashing things this year. 

So tonight is prep nite, hopefully i'll have a good bunch of hq's assembled for undercoating tomorrow and can get the uc ready to go so its just paint like crazy when etl kicks off. Will try a group photo to show progress later

How'd you get on? I thought I was ready but I've been adding/fiddling with my models since... :teehee:

Missing 1 captain sonewhere (tho i saw his box recently so i just need to dig around in the roof probably), but lemartes, chaplain, legion champion (capt with relic blade counts as), lord executioner assault captain and termie librarian all ready for undercoating. I just need a dry day at work and i can get them sprayed.

Pics when i can get to my computer and upload them.