Forge World dread loadouts

Boshea

Yet another voice for dual butcher cannon Contemptors. So dirty even Slaaneshi Cultists need a shower.

Now the Hellforged Leviathan with dual butcher cannon arrays. The very best there is. When you abosolutely positively need to kill every Loyalist in the room: accept no substitutes.

But if you may also lose friends

Sigh... If only our daemon engines were as good as the forge world dreads... Oh well.

Yeah if I was FW I would have put the decimator in there as well, would definitely move units. 

Yet another voice for dual butcher cannon Contemptors. So dirty even Slaaneshi Cultists need a shower.

Now the Hellforged Leviathan with dual butcher cannon arrays. The very best there is. When you abosolutely positively need to kill every Loyalist in the room: accept no substitutes.

Would rather have storm cannons for levi than butchers honestly. 

I don’t think I can pull the trigger. I have one dual soul burner petard Decimator and the Daemon engine boon is big to me. Leviathans are so expensive and I find my chaos lists typically border on excessive points spent on elite models.

Yeah I hear you. CSM seems to favor either elite buffed death star type builds or a horde of chaff. No real happy happy median really exists. 

I just bought a contemptor with dual c-beam cannons. I almost got dual butcher cannons as well but that will have to wait. On top of that it was right before this FW bogo sale so awesome.

Loadouts i would say butcher cannons or c-beam cannons. Both are good butcher cannons will wound just about anything, but I thin c-beam are a little better but require more finesse as you have to work your range as well. Also the c-beam can out range knights which is a plus.

Sigh... If only our daemon engines were as good as the forge world dreads... Oh well.

Yeah if I was FW I would have put the decimator in there as well, would definitely move units.

That would be nice... But I can't shake this feeling that the Decimator won't be around for long. You can't buy half of its weapons anymore, and after all of the associated renegade bits got axed... I don't know. If it showed up on the list for the next batch to be culled, I wouldn't be shocked.

Forgot they have quad las as an option now. Definetly a competive position for them, since it runs about the same cost as quad las havocs, and is better bs than a predator.

Hmmm if it's the same as the Havocs in points, but has BS2, it could be great in the back line support role, but still able to move around.  I have been using the las Havocs and it's hard to make them work with no real ablative wounds aside from the aspiring champ.

Are these arms magnetizable realistically? Anybody try?

Double checked since Mobile battlescribe was being wonky. Quad Las Contemptor is 2 points cheaper than Quad Las Havocs. Contemptor has durability, where Havocs get Stratagems.

Was expecting Storm Cannon versus Butcher Array to be like Autocannon versus Butcher, but Storm Cannon has few things going for it. Butcher wins out in a lot of spots, but those increased shots and AP may be worth the hits in other places.

Edited by Boshea

@Prot, yes the contemptor arms are magnetizable. I used a 5 mm skinny magnet for the top shoulder, the weapon has a thick round chunky bit where you can drill in a 3mm thicker magnet to be flush. It sits well. Only problem I had with the contemptor, I pinned the ENTIRE rest of the model, super gluing it just  didn't seem to hold the thing together. Took ages to pin. I will try to remember to post it up in my IW project log in my sig.