Sons of Dorn: Void Templars

So, I'm just going to turn this into my W.I.P. page for my Templars, thank you guys so much for allowing me to jump into the forum. I'm working on my IA for my Void Templars, a Indomitus Chapter forged from the fiercest and most zealous veterans from the Indomitus Crusade who were created with the Primarch Rogal Dorns' gene seed. They began drilling and creating new warriors as soon as Guilliman ordered the foundation of their Chapter. They would serve as a scalpel of the Imperium, always hunting down the Imperium's enemies until the forces of chaos are defeated. In this quest they follow the teachings of Sigismund and the Black Templars, abhorring the Xenos, the Heretic, and the Witch. During a early battle for the Chapter, they lost more than half of their numbers to a Word Bearer war band, and have sought to even the score ever since.

I ordered 25 of the skull pauldrons from the deathwatch kill team kit off ebay, which I will use as my chapter symbol. 

Edited by General Strike

The Imperial Fists subforum would be appropriate if your DIY Chapter used the Imperial Fists Chapter Tactic. Since you're using the Black Templars Chapter Tactic, they are probably better off here. That said, if you do want to also create a thread in the IF subforum for your Chapter to get another community's feedback and/or, feel free to do so. :tu:

You are quite welcome from my side for three reasons:

a) I am interested in how, strategicly and from a list building perspective, you fare with ourchapter tactic

b) We are alle sons of dorn here and if you are a "Templar like chapter" you fit here, other successors go to the fists forum when they are more "fist like"

c) I just want to see your awesome conversions and paintjobs mate

It should be noted if you use our tactic not keyword you lose the following

-Helm

-Crusader Squad

-SBro Detachment

-Named Characters

-Chapter WT

Gain

-Librarians

It’s not a right or wrong I just personally tend to emphasis in my tactic posts how to best use our unique aspects. Just something to keep in mind

Thanks, I plan to run them purely as Templars, as my chapter will also abhor the witch. I'm mostly just running them as a DIY to change the paint scheme a bit, make custom characters using named character rules, and because I want to use an easy to get upgrade sprue instead of the always out of stock BT one. I've been working on some fluff over the past couple days, and will post it soon. I have some stuff ready for building and conversions, but it is packed up as my Partner and I are in the middle of moving. I have two plans for my Templars, a black tide list and a Primaris list. I'm not sure which I want to start with first when it comes to building and purchases.

Question guys, what do you think my best choice for Dakka is? I'm running pure Primaris, so should I go with three Redemptor dreads, three squads of Aggressors, or three squads of Inceptors? I plan min sized intercessors as my troops baby sat by a captain with SoF, and at least two repulsors in the list.

Personal thought- Dreads are awesome.

I asked a friend who runs pure Primaris Celestial Lions recco's at least 20 Intercessors in your 2 repulsors and use Indomitus crusaders to use their rapid fire strat as needed; since Agressors have no AP. He recommends the advantages of Inceptors over Dreads; Deep striking, plasma options, not downgrading due to wound loss, etc.

The 2*10 Veteran intercessors should definitely be a thing. Propably in every primaris list tbh. I find agressors and Dreads to be awesome and inceptors to look like drunken gnomes so I would tend to take prolly the Dreads. As they could maybe take some heat of your repulsor. And with the full dakka Set up they put a lot of shots down range too. Edited by Marshal Vespasian

So, here is where I ended up with my Primaris list.

HQ

Primaris Marshal: Auto Boltrifle, Power Sword, Storm of Fire, Crusaders Helm

Primaris Castellan: Bolt Pistol, Power Sword

Troops

Intercessor Squad: 5x Intercessors, Chainsword on Sgt

2x Intercessor Squad: 10x Intercessors, Powerfist on Sgt, Veteran Intercessors

Fast Attack

2x Inceptor Squad: 6x Inceptors with Assault Bolters

Transport

3x Repulsor: Twin Lascannon, Las-Talon, 3x Storm Bolters, Auto Launchers, 2x Krakstorm Grenade Launchers

1998 points, 8CP(-1 for Crusaders Detachment, -2 For Veterans Upgrade)