Konrad Curze: The Night Haunter

But my point is that the Night Lords' only way of ensuring loyalty was by "kneel or more of your family go to the skinning pits."

Other Legions would go in, dismantle a government and leave the rest to the Imperial machine so that compliance was achieved with minimal resentment from the populace. Whereas as Curze and his Legion went about it their way whether the situation called for it or not.

If a world that remembered being terrorised into submission by Curze on his own can lapse mere years after he's gone - and admittedly Nostromo just seems to be rotten on some level - it doesn't bode well for worlds where the Night Lords went straight in with that.

Great book, probably my second favorite of the Primarchs novel series; second only to Perturabo's.  

I think Guy Haley portrayed Konrad Curze very well, and especially how mortal-humans view him and react when he is around.

My only complaint, was that it wasn't dark enough.  I was literally expecting to read scenes where Konrad Curze was eating humans while they were alive and screaming - as the Primarch bit a mouthful of meat from the man's (or women's) chest... blood splattered everywhere as he chewed the it....  that sort of thing.  

Once again, great book, enjoyed it greatly.  I wouldn't mind if Guy Haley wrote all the Primarchs books.

You would like it to be darker, bloodier, and even more gruesome? Well, then you're in luck! We have a special "Author's Choice" addition just for you behind this door. Yes, step right in. Just sign this NDA and put on this special coat that prevents you from turning the pages yourself. And don't mind the padded walls...

Great book, probably my second favorite of the Primarchs novel series; second only to Perturabo's.  

I think Guy Haley portrayed Konrad Curze very well, and especially how mortal-humans view him and react when he is around.

My only complaint, was that it wasn't dark enough.  I was literally expecting to read scenes where Konrad Curze was eating humans while they were alive and screaming - as the Primarch bit a mouthful of meat from the man's (or women's) chest... blood splattered everywhere as he chewed the it....  that sort of thing.  

Once again, great book, enjoyed it greatly.  I wouldn't mind if Guy Haley wrote all the Primarchs books.

You would like it to be darker, bloodier, and even more gruesome? Well, then you're in luck! We have a special "Author's Choice" addition just for you behind this door. Yes, step right in. Just sign this NDA and put on this special coat that prevents you from turning the pages yourself. And don't mind the padded walls...

BL will never put that much edge in its fiction even though it would definitely fit and work to be fair though. Look how tame all the EC/ slaneesh stuff is as an example.