Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Named Iron Father for 40k

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,742 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

This all looks awesome!

If we're to expect a new campaign for the release (which looks likely when looking at the last Primaris waves), perhaps it could be one against mortal Slaanesh forces (House Devine being one of the better known Chaos Houses), and Iron Hands vs. Emperor's Children would be very thematic!

Regardless, the Iron Hands character looks pretty great imo, and super happy for my AdMech player friends that they'll be able to get some new stuff too smile.png

IH vs EC would be very interesting. For one because of their Primarch but also because of what they represent. The ones who don't want to feel anything vs the ones who want to feel everything. Also two colour schemes with good contrast if GW doesn't go with the mostly black and only few pink details for EC. ^^

• Nocturne Noble, Doctor Perils, Sete and 2 others like this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Lord Ranulf

Lord Ranulf

++ EQUESTER CANEO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,799 posts

It's not a mustache, it's part of a rebreather.

Or a built in soup shield for an awesome moustache.

-Ran
  • Interrogator Stobz, DeadFingers, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

gallery_48988_15465_712.png ZIbfbQY.jpg L_T_4_2019_Medal.gif

radionausea

radionausea

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 282 posts
  • Faction: Nurgle, Ministorum
That Iron Hands lad is being stolen for my Gallium Black Legion and if there's Renegade Knights/Dark Mech coming I'll be so happy.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 826 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

That moustache :D
Wonder if he will be that Iron hand dude GW was building up in the fluff to be the next Iron Hands big leader, the one with the stupid fluff Stronos I think he was called

Nah, Stronos isn’t Primaris, as this guy looks to be (or at least his greaves appear that way—won’t be hard to fix/retcon), and I’m pretty sure Stronos has never been described with that hovering bolter-thing.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Morovir

Morovir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 587 posts
The name on the left greave of the Iron Father is Feirros - the 'Master of the Forge' of Clan Raukaan in the questionable supplement of the same name. This would suggest that he is another ascended standard marine rather than a new character.
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch likes this

ETL_2015_Banner_03d_Primus_Inter_Pares.jETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jp

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,742 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

That moustache biggrin.png
Wonder if he will be that Iron hand dude GW was building up in the fluff to be the next Iron Hands big leader, the one with the stupid fluff Stronos I think he was called

Nah, Stronos isn’t Primaris, as this guy looks to be (or at least his greaves appear that way—won’t be hard to fix/retcon), and I’m pretty sure Stronos has never been described with that hovering bolter-thing.

Not yet at least. Remember Calgar. ;)

• Plaguecaster likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,670 posts
Well if we're doing this ...

Iron hands Vs ec box later this year with plastic noise marines in and an updated lucius in plastic :D

Trollololol

If only!

Knight upgrade kit would be nice non resin that is.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,189 posts
  • Faction: Summoners

The stacked heals on the iron hand are hilarious laugh.pnglaugh.png He has also got one of those grabber claws like you get in arcade machines were you try and grab a soft toy.

While I do really genuinely like the model I must be honest and admit I was thinking the exact same thing about the claw.

29ljqef.jpg

• templargdt, Majorbookworm, Robbienw and 1 other like this

TRUESCALE SPACE MARINE TUTORIAL

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Spoiler

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,397 posts

Maybe he can be used as a generic Primaris techmarine too, heres hoping anyway.

I literally won't care if he can't, I'm gonna convert him regardless,

All of my yes.

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,682 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
I'm excited about all of this...

The prospects for true/art-scaling aka "primari-sizing" tech marines up until now hasn't been great. I see my future master of the Forge for my templars crusade fleet... But seriously. Very happy for the IH community!

I'll wait and see the chaos knights. I planned to score left over armour carapace plates to swap between loyalist and renegade members of a house divided... But if they go more "evil with apikes" and less "weird meat" then I will definitly look into New chaos knights. (hopefully they get some cool weapons loyalists don't)

And the barbarians are cool. My bro will be excited for more variety in his WFB marauders. But I definitly see how they can make some really cool chaos recruits from barbarian world's aka cultists and OR renegades conversion fodder!

The temples would make cool ruins on a 40k battle field too. Armies could be clashing on a world where ancient civilizations (human and Xenos alike) have risen and perished and who knows what dark gods were worshipped by them...

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 04 May 2019 - 12:05 PM.

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 991 posts

Hold on, hold on.

Iron Hands unique character. What about a generic Primaris Techmarine!?

Take a seat young ultramarine. You already had a primarch and a chapter master.

The shoulder pad is probably easy to remove to make a generic techmarine.

And you only need to do that if you give a rip about correct iconography!

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,778 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
Okay, reopened, this topic should cover the new Iron Father (and maybe some new Space Marine stuff?)
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,837 posts
"This named Iron Father will be hitting shelves (and your opponents) later this year…"

Later this year, im sure it will drop with a codex SM. My bet is codex Primaris.
I stand by my reasoning that if they didnt drop the dude with Vigilus where IH were at the forefront, then its coming with the codex.
Exciting times ahead.

Edited by Sete, 04 May 2019 - 12:51 PM.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,051 posts
  • Faction: Slaanesh Daemons
With the special backpack I don't see the new Iron Father getting a generic version unless it's a generic Iron Father.

That said, it does give hope for a proper Techmarine for the Primaris to follow.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,589 posts

His rumours havent been that wrong.
And its rumours, so a bit of slack is to be given. At least its something compared to the WHC copy paste we have everywhere now.
And its rumours, so a bit of slack is to be given. At least its something compared to the WHC copy paste we have everywhere now.
I will assume it will be a primaris codex tho.

I see what you did there.

Kind of reminds me of the joke from Predator.

The stacked heals on the iron hand are hilarious laugh.png:lol: He has also got one of those grabber claws like you get in arcade machines were you try and grab a soft toy.

This is my gift to Iron Hands players. I know one of you will make use of this knowledge. TT Combat, Back Alley Accessories 2 (rat is from somewhere else).

gallery_61651_15408_19875.jpg

• Dracos and Battybattybats like this

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,748 posts

Finally, a first named character for our favorite cyborg marines.

And it's true to their theme, with not just puny boltstorm gauntlet but a heavy bolter instead. AdMech bitz here and there, I'll definitely get one or two. Only question - AdMech red-black gradients or just black? Hmmm...

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.png

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,797 posts

The stacked heals on the iron hand are hilarious laugh.pnglaugh.png He has also got one of those grabber claws like you get in arcade machines were you try and grab a soft toy.

While I do really genuinely like the model I must be honest and admit I was thinking the exact same thing about the claw.

GW should check their models for memeability before finalising them!

I still can’t get over how stacked the heels are, he appears to be in competition with the limited edition noise marine :lol:
  • Doghouse likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,019 posts
Oh wow.

That's a bad ass techmarine
banana

HereticMarine1

HereticMarine1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

Wish they would release some normal marines again, personally not a fan of how primaris look.

Edited by HereticMarine1, 04 May 2019 - 01:01 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz, Pork Chop Express, templargdt and 2 others like this

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,589 posts

Wish they would release some normal marines again, personally not a fan of how primaris look.

Agreed (though I like Primaris stuff too), but lets not start that topic in this thread please :).

• Interrogator Stobz and Pork Chop Express like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,837 posts

I will assume it will be a primaris codex tho.

Kind of reminds me of the joke from Predator.

This is my gift to Iron Hands players. I know one of you will make use of this knowledge. TT Combat, Back Alley Accessories 2 (rat is from somewhere else).

gallery_61651_15408_19875.jpg

Oh god im losing the plot. I didn't even noticed that i had done that!

• Toxichobbit likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ MODERATI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,019 posts
Looks like his name is ferriors ? Or something, he is already a character for iron hands
banana

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,136 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

The first Iron hands special character in a billion years has platforms on.

Well, it's part of the Goth Style. ;D
(Atleast for some people. I'd bet quite many of us went through such a phase.)

I like him. I hope he gets some good, synergetic rules for our Iron Brothers.

I'll buy him to show support and add a Forgemaster to my Primaris.
  • Battybattybats likes this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 826 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
He’s official, that’s pretty much all we care about right now :P .

Plus, I think someone said he was Clan Raukaan, so he’s somewhat official already.
  • Lieutenant Arkley likes this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Feirros

Feirros

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands

Seeing the name people have pointed out on the greave, I think I'm going to have to get this guy. Ironically, I don't even play clan Raukaan.

Edited by Feirros, 04 May 2019 - 01:22 PM.

• Brother Casman and Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch like this

ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users