Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Named Iron Father for 40k

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

Ironwrought Huw

Ironwrought Huw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 529 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands (30K)

Looking at that picture, can anyone spot any of the (as yet unidentified) 'techy' rumour engine posts? 

I'm already I'm thinking of ways I'll brutally attack it with a craft knife and saw convert it.  First things first, that bizarre amusement arcade claw-game attachment is getting replaced with something a little more practical. I mean, what's he meant to do, go fishing for archeotech with it? 

Definitely improving my hopes of seeing generic Primaris Techmarines to be released in the future too. 

The Iron Father formerly known as Huberticus. 

QUOTE (pyroknight @ Mar 13 2012, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pretty sure being blackout drunk is an expectable excuse to explain any unusual situation.
“I woke up hungover one morning an there was a Deimos Predator parked in the garage with my name on it. I’m sure there is a perfectly reasonable excuse for how it got there, I just can’t remember what it is…”

Heroes and Villains - creating the cast for a Dark Heresy Campaign

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 732 posts

So, blind optimism here but I'm hoping this is a dual kit to make a generic Iron Father as well.

I'm hoping it has rules for a normal Techmarine tongue.png

Do they ever do that, though? Present a named chapter-specific character and also give him rules for a generic unit? All of the boxed set Primaris "named characters" were only given names in the narratives, they didn't actually come with datasheets that idenfied them as "Haldor Icepelt" or whatever.

I think it's more likely they'll just produce a generic Primaris techmarine that will look like this guy's little brother. There should be a couple of new models introduced as the Shadowspear units get their MPK releases, same as happened with Dark Imperium.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,797 posts

It's the lack of a regular Primaris techmarine that makes me want to convert him. What loss is to anyone what I do with my own models anyway? If anything it helps them because its an additional sale.

I think we'll get rules for a normal techmarine, might not get a generic model at first but still rad
banana

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,149 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

[snip]  First things first, that bizarre amusement arcade claw-game attachment is getting replaced with something a little more practical. I mean, what's he meant to do, go fishing for archeotech with it? 

[snip]

Why yes, yes he is. Excellent idea.

• Ironwrought Huw likes this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,015 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

That movie with that tech-priest getting his request for skitarii transports denied again and again is hilarious! biggrin.png

And it all but confirms a new transport model for the Adeptus Mechanicus! smile.png

EDIT: Don't mind me; I did not yet see the dedicated topic on the Skitarii transport when I posted this.

Edited by Quantum, 04 May 2019 - 02:55 PM.

• Doghouse likes this

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

gallery_48988_15465_39461.pnggallery_48988_15465_5172.pnggallery_48988_15465_10130.png

MosesGunn

MosesGunn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 219 posts

THE FLESH IS WEAK! Gotta pray that they don't fudge up the lore and double down on the link to the Mechanicum to tie in with the other previews (and really hope this isn't Stronos and someone new), looks like I'm gonna be finally getting on the Primaris train.

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

So, blind optimism here but I'm hoping this is a dual kit to make a generic Iron Father as well.

I'm hoping it has rules for a normal Techmarine :P

Don't understand why the demand for primaris techmarines especially since there is only 1 (2 if you count FW) primaris vehicles that "no one ever uses". I hope it's a glimpse to not only primaris techmarines but cheap primaris transports or dedicated tanks
sml_gallery_69091_12729_6611.jpggallery_4664_11830_1029.jpeg
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,554 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands, Alpha Legion
Three, if you count the Redemptor, plus a Primaris Techmarine should be able to repair normal stuff too.

Honestly, I think the request is from a completionist perspective, though there is a valid fluff argument about Ultima Founding Chapters and who maintains their wargear.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

I'm hoping it has rules for a normal Techmarine :P
Don't understand why the demand for primaris techmarines especially since there is only 1 (2 if you count FW) primaris vehicles that "no one ever uses". I hope it's a glimpse to not only primaris techmarines but cheap primaris transports or dedicated tanks
Thematic HQ choices for certain armies and hopes for a new Thunderfire Cannon in plastic.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,221 posts
It’s valid criticism on the boots. Just because other models have similar funny looking features it doesn’t preclude this one from being criticised for have the same or similar features. Plus they seem more prominent on the one.

What I am wondering is if this model means a full iron hands release with a more units and a separate codex, it could happen! The Hands are different enough in look at least to justify having their own models.
  • Dumah likes this

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,552 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Ooo Iron Hands Codex! I'd love that!
  • Robbienw likes this
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Comandante Alexos

Comandante Alexos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 201 posts

Ooo Iron Hands Codex! I'd love that!

A dream come true.

"You are my unbroken blades. You are the Death Guard. By your hand shall justice be delivered, and doom shall stalk a thousand worlds."

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,458 posts
Folks aren't liking the winch and crane claw? That's one of the most fitting arms for a techmarine they have ever done.

First time I'm hearing the complaints about gravis boots, though. Seems like some people just can't be happy ;P

Edited by Lemondish, 04 May 2019 - 03:28 PM.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts
Winch claw is required for getting the Repulsor keys back out of the storm drain they fell into.
  • Akylas and Battybattybats like this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,326 posts

Folks aren't liking the winch and crane claw? That's one of the most fitting arms for a techmarine they have ever done.

First time I'm hearing the complaints about gravis boots, though. Seems like some people just can't be happy ;P

I’ve been snickering at gravis boots since before Phobos hotpants...
  • Ranulf and Interrogator Stobz like this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,422 posts

Looking at that picture, can anyone spot any of the (as yet unidentified) 'techy' rumour engine posts? 

This could be his backpack. Other than that, no matches.

Oct30-RumourEngine26gfev.jpg

• Triszin, Reinhard, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

Iron Hands Fanatic

Iron Hands Fanatic

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,523 posts
  • Faction: Xth Legion

Given his size, I'm wondering if I can get away with including him in a 30k Iron Hands force by removing the backpack and remodelling the back of his torso to pass him off as a character in custom TDA - after all, the Xth did have a hand in experimenting with & designing most patterns of Terminator armour 

What I am wondering is if this model means a full iron hands release with a more units and a separate codex, it could happen! The Hands are different enough in look at least to justify having their own models.

Well, I never thought I'd see the day when 40k Iron Hands got a plastic character release, so never say never, but I'm doubtful

Especially considering most of the unique organisational traits to the Iron Hands (Terminator-lead squads, Iron Fathers replacing Chaplains, Clans being entirely independent, etc.) have been removed/glossed over in recent years to push them closer to Codex-compliance confused.gif

• Shinespider, robofish7591 and Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch like this

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,056 posts

Yeah, let's not jump any guns here. If you're going to cross your fingers, cross them for an Index Astartes article, not a codex. That's at least in the realm of sanity.

As for the model, I like him. The Gravis Boots aren't the choice that I would have made, but I don't find them offensive either. They're fine. The winch is odd - it's a perfectly reasonable piece of equipment for repairs, but it doesn't make too much sense as a power fist... maybe he'll have some kind of grab/disarm mechanic instead? The face, breastplate and axe are excellent.

In any case, I just hope that he's a proper Iron Hand and not a Stronos-inspired reformist.

Edited by Shinespider, 04 May 2019 - 04:18 PM.

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Aztek

Aztek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 579 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Really happy for my IH brothers!

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,009 posts

Anyone who is snipping off and doesn't want their Techmarine claw is welcome to donate it to my new Iron Hands inspired Imperial Arcade Claw Machine project :D.

Do they ever do that, though? Present a named chapter-specific character and also give him rules for a generic unit? All of the boxed set Primaris "named characters" were only given names in the narratives, they didn't actually come with datasheets that idenfied them as "Haldor Icepelt" or whatever.

I think it's more likely they'll just produce a generic Primaris techmarine that will look like this guy's little brother. There should be a couple of new models introduced as the Shadowspear units get their MPK releases, same as happened with Dark Imperium.

As someone mentioned earlier, they've done it with the Greater Daemons. They also do it with Stormcast (and maybe other armies) in AoS and hired guns in Necromunda. So while it's not happened specifically for 40k, there is precedent in other GW systems.

• Battybattybats likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,788 posts
Give me an iron hands, EC themed box and I'll be the happiest chap on the forum if it comes with an emperor's children with fulgrim release...

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts

Damn guys, finally IH get a character and the first comments are about shred him in order to do a primaris techmarine

Let them taste it for a while longer rolleyesclean.gif

Ooooh, Warpsmith conversion material. Delicious.

God-Emperor damn it, it only gets worse.
At least no one said "Dark Mechanicus character, just add tentacles"?

Who needs tentacles? rolleyesclean.gif

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,067 posts

Damn guys, finally IH get a character and the first comments are about shred him in order to do a primaris techmarine

Let them taste it for a while longer rolleyesclean.gif

Ooooh, Warpsmith conversion material. Delicious.

God-Emperor damn it, it only gets worse.
At least no one said "Dark Mechanicus character, just add tentacles"?

Who needs tentacles? rolleyesclean.gif
Chaos. They like theirs in biological and mechanical flavors.

Ovidius Incertus

Ovidius Incertus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,173 posts
  • Faction: Flesh Tearers

Wow, I love that model.  Like almost unreservedly.

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,163 posts

Given his size, I'm wondering if I can get away with including him in a 30k Iron Hands force by removing the backpack and remodelling the back of his torso to pass him off as a character in custom TDA - after all, the Xth did have a hand in experimenting with & designing most patterns of Terminator armour

Well, I never thought I'd see the day when 40k Iron Hands got a plastic character release, so never say never, but I'm doubtful

Especially considering most of the unique organisational traits to the Iron Hands (Terminator-lead squads, Iron Fathers replacing Chaplains, Clans being entirely independent, etc.) have been removed/glossed over in recent years to push them closer to Codex-compliance confused.gif

I've been tempted for a while to use the Dark Imperium Captain as a base for a Saturnine pattern-clad Forgelord for my Imperial Fists, but this might be an even better base, and it already has most of the techy bits and gubbins I'd need.
  • Iron Hands Fanatic and Doctor Perils like this

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users