Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Named Iron Father for 40k

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,152 posts

Given his size, I'm wondering if I can get away with including him in a 30k Iron Hands force by removing the backpack and remodelling the back of his torso to pass him off as a character in custom TDA - after all, the Xth did have a hand in experimenting with & designing most patterns of Terminator armour

What I am wondering is if this model means a full iron hands release with a more units and a separate codex, it could happen! The Hands are different enough in look at least to justify having their own models.

Well, I never thought I'd see the day when 40k Iron Hands got a plastic character release, so never say never, but I'm doubtful

Especially considering most of the unique organisational traits to the Iron Hands (Terminator-lead squads, Iron Fathers replacing Chaplains, Clans being entirely independent, etc.) have been removed/glossed over in recent years to push them closer to Codex-compliance confused.gif

I've been tempted for a while to use the Dark Imperium Captain as a base for a Saturnine pattern-clad Forgelord for my Imperial Fists, but this might be an even better base, and it already has most of the techy bits and gubbins I'd need.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,823 posts

No one is complaining about the claw it was a joke. 

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,893 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

I've been tempted for a while to use the Dark Imperium Captain as a base for a Saturnine pattern-clad Forgelord for my Imperial Fists, but this might be an even better base, and it already has most of the techy bits and gubbins I'd need.

I'd love to see a tutorial for that smile.png
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,702 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

VckBenX.jpg

• Sete, MajorNese, Panzer and 1 other like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

JJD

JJD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
As well as being a named iron hand character is he the first named primaris character.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

After Calgar you mean. :P

• Subtleknife likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Wolf Guard Einar

Wolf Guard Einar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,294 posts

As well as being a named iron hand character is he the first named primaris character.

If his name plate is the same Master of the Forge then I think he took the trip through Rubicon.

User.exe has been terminated.

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,270 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

After Calgar you mean. :P

And Haldor Icepelt, to a degree even the other Chapter Specific Lieutenants.

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,070 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

After Calgar you mean. tongue.png

I thought we are talking about actual named character per crunch. Pretty much every character in each boxset gets a name in the box fluff these days. ^^

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

JJD

JJD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,088 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

I thought we are talking about actual named character per crunch. Pretty much every character in each boxset gets a name in the box fluff these days. ^^

I did mean a named character with specific rules.
  • Wolf Guard Einar and Panzer like this

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,688 posts

I did mean a named character with specific rules.

Yeah otherwise all the BL characters, such as the Tetrarch character in Dark Imperium, would surely count.
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Red_Shift

Red_Shift

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,260 posts
Very pleased to see a primaris tech marine. I'm cautiously hopeful that if there are upgrade sprues for the founding legions they will all get named character models in a primaris codex.

I also really like the claw!

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,753 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
I hope we get to see more of whats coming to the primaris, I still remember GW mentioning Redemptor variants and more dreadnoughts certainly fit with an IH special character and maybe an upgrade kit. We might see a new warzone witg ad mech/IH at the forefront before apocalypse takes over summer.
  • Lord Nord likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 696 posts

I hope we get to see more of whats coming to the primaris, I still remember GW mentioning Redemptor variants and more dreadnoughts certainly fit with an IH special character and maybe an upgrade kit. We might see a new warzone witg ad mech/IH at the forefront before apocalypse takes over summer.

Yeah, I'm kind of feeling the Omnissian theme here - it could just be coincidence that the two Imperium units they decided to reveal (or hint at) were Iron Hands and Skitarii, but it could also very well be that there's a connection (otherwise, why a Skitarii transport NOW of all times? More Primaris makes sense with the anniversary of 8th coming in June and the release of the MPK versions of Shadowspear due soon, but just deciding to fling out a Skitarii vehicle with no connection to anything else? Unlikely).

We're due for another Primaris vehicle as well, even if it isn't the cheap transport we were expecting. And for all the chapters who aren't Iron Hands, a nice shiny techmarine to keep that vehicle humming would go well with this potential Mechanicus campaign. They could possibly go ahead and give the Tech-Priest Manipulus a solo release outside the Kill Team set as well.

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,086 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.

+++Let's keep on track Brothers; although the opportunities this new mini brings are many this is not a wish-list thread.+++

Carry on.

Edited by Interrogator Stobz, 04 May 2019 - 09:25 PM.

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,267 posts

now all the Iron Hands need is a Primaris version of their old cybernetics "upgrade" kit for classic marines.

any theories about what the Chaos Knight thing might be? I'd hope that it's more of a general Dark Mechanicum thing, sense Imperial Knights as they are already pretty bare bones as an army, and I would prefer that basic Knights get more units/options.

Brothers, I believe you will absolutely get an Iron Hands upgrade kit for Primaris in Games Workshop's next fiscal year (i.e. June 2019 to May 2020).

And it's not just Iron Hands, I think all the main Chapters (i.e. the ones Chapter Tactics, like Black Templars) will get their own upgrade kits.  I've just been looking at Games Workshop's business patterns again (we're coming up to the end of this fiscal year) and that's what I'm forecasting.  I'm NOT saying individual Codices...maybe a White Dwarf Index Astartes article...but the Chapter-specific sprues or something is very, very likely.  I was waiting for some sort of signal for something like this, like, say, named characters for one of the non-Ultramarine Chapters, and I think this is it.

You can timestamp this and there is a chance I'm wrong.  For example, I don't know if the dates have been disclosed yet, but the new Sisters of Battle model I thought will be this upcoming summer's major release (because GW has its huge releases in the summer, like 40k 8th ed, AoS 2nd ed, etc.)...like next month or so, but we've heard nothing about this.

• Wolf Guard Einar likes this

Posted Image

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,679 posts

Yeah, I'm kind of feeling the Omnissian theme here - it could just be coincidence that the two Imperium units they decided to reveal (or hint at) were Iron Hands and Skitarii, but it could also very well be that there's a connection (otherwise, why a Skitarii transport NOW of all times? More Primaris makes sense with the anniversary of 8th coming in June and the release of the MPK versions of Shadowspear due soon, but just deciding to fling out a Skitarii vehicle with no connection to anything else? Unlikely).

We're due for another Primaris vehicle as well, even if it isn't the cheap transport we were expecting. And for all the chapters who aren't Iron Hands, a nice shiny techmarine to keep that vehicle humming would go well with this potential Mechanicus campaign. They could possibly go ahead and give the Tech-Priest Manipulus a solo release outside the Kill Team set as well.

*Tim foil hat
Forgebane v2.
1 chaos titan, and support iron hands man and primaris
banana

Djangomatic82

Djangomatic82

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 167 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
With the cable connecting the claw to the arm, I am wondering if it will have the same stat line as the normal servo arm. Not saying it won't, but it just looks a little flimsy for a S2x weapon.

gallery_62972_14467_9630.jpgxpyOWpw.jpg

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,823 posts

It looks to me like a tearing weapon, so the claw latches on then the arm pulls back to tear bits off the target. 

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
I'm curious what that bottom weapon is.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Sonoftherubric21

Sonoftherubric21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,164 posts

Absolutely stunning figure. Love it! 

Glad for Iron Hands players. It's about dang time. Now just make Primaris figs for all the other non-ultra chapters in the main codex (I am sure Primaris upgrades are coming for most of those characters) and were set! 

• Wolf Guard Einar likes this

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,420 posts

I'm curious what that bottom weapon is.

It's practically identical to the Kataphrons' Arc Claw.

ArcClaw.jpg

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,439 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
Aha! No admech players in my normal group so I'm not terribly familiar with them, thanks.
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

SydonianDragoon404

SydonianDragoon404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 772 posts

I'm very happy for my Iron Hands brothers finally getting their first named character into the codex, and to usher in the wave of named primaris characters! 

Volt

Volt

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,018 posts
  • Faction: Anges de Vindication

Well, I didn't see either of those coming.

Also looks like more Mechanicus in some form. Judging by the trailer it may be a new transport, 30k-to-40k rules or just a fluff piece to introduce the Iron Hands, we'll see.

What looks to be a proper Chaos Knights codex is the bigger surprise though, although in hindsight, it was perhaps inevitable since they couldn't stay as an Index forever.

Tech themed campaign on the horizon maybe?

https://www.youtube....h?v=2RYfrtXJwmo

ChampionshipStoreSeminar-May4-IronHands3

I just hope he gets a proper 2+ save instead of that censored.gif 3+ they're handing out to HQ's these days that make the oldmarines objectively superior in performance. Not to mention that if this guy gets a 2+/4++ with T5 he'll be an absolute beast if some warlord traits and wargear is thrown on him.

+Quod vult valde vult+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users