Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Named Iron Father for 40k

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Not a fan of the winch claw. Was expecting a crushing claw since its IH. Easy enough to fix by the looks of it. I foresee good conversions with the kit. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts

Did anyone get his name at the weekend?

It was asked in the seminar but they couldn’t remember off the top of their heads. They said to ask in the studio room but I didn’t remember to.

Are you looking for his full name? Because we already know part of it - Feirros, Master of the Forge (it was on his greave in the release photo).

• Marcus Arias likes this

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,203 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Not a fan of the winch claw. Was expecting a crushing claw since its IH. Easy enough to fix by the looks of it. I foresee good conversions with the kit.

Yeah, you can just cut the cable part out and glue the claw straight on to the arm by the looks of things.

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,551 posts
Would be totally sweet if he could launch that claw out and pull someone in. Like Roadhog from Overwatch lol

autek mor

autek mor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 262 posts

the model definitely has character but personally i can't deal with those 40k edition doctor marten boots. i would fill those gaps with green stuff and pretend they never existed.

• Aarik likes this

Orange Knight

Orange Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
This is a very nice model. I imagine his rules will be very good also - t5, 2+ save, 4+ invul and a power axe with multi damage?

I'm hoping for generic Primaris Techmarines, but it's nice to see that the shoulder pad can be removed. It's the only part of the model which has Iron Hands iconography which makes me thing that this was originally designed as a generic kit that was made as an Iron Hand in the last second. If you look at other specific chapter units that have iconography all over and on the weapons.

Iron Father Bahadur

Iron Father Bahadur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts

It was asked in the seminar but they couldn’t remember off the top of their heads. They said to ask in the studio room but I didn’t remember to.

Are you looking for his full name? Because we already know part of it - Feirros, Master of the Forge (it was on his greave in the release photo).

This gets backed up even more by the fact he has the Clan Raukaan badge on his one shoulder. Feirros is the MoTF for that Clan. 

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts

This gets backed up even more by the fact he has the Clan Raukaan badge on his one shoulder. Feirros is the MoTF for that Clan. 

He came from (and is presumably still a member in good standing of) Clan Raukaan, but he's the Master of the Forge for the entire Iron Hands chapter. There's only one.

Edited by Lord Nord, 15 May 2019 - 04:33 PM.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts

This is a very nice model. I imagine his rules will be very good also - t5, 2+ save, 4+ invul and a power axe with multi damage?

I'm hoping for generic Primaris Techmarines, but it's nice to see that the shoulder pad can be removed. It's the only part of the model which has Iron Hands iconography which makes me thing that this was originally designed as a generic kit that was made as an Iron Hand in the last second. If you look at other specific chapter units that have iconography all over and on the weapons.

The Clan Raukaan symbol on the right shoulder is also clearly Iron Hands related, and it's not removable from the right arm bit.

Orange Knight

Orange Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts

The Clan Raukaan symbol on the right shoulder is also clearly Iron Hands related, and it's not removable from the right arm bit.

Ahh, I completely missed that.

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 184 posts

Ahh, I completely missed that.

Easy to do if you don't look close, since it's exactly where a generic techmarine symbol would be for most chapters and shares the same cog outline.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 20,237 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

For those that want to convert the model for use in some other Chapter (other than the Iron Hands or a Chapter that uses that iconography, such as the Emperor's Hands), the whacky nature of the game lore provides you with a perfect "out."

Back in the heady days of 1st edition (or the "Rogue Trader era" if you prefer), the Chapter Approved iconography for a techmarine was the upraised hand, quite similar to that used as the Chapter badge of the Iron Hands Chapter. For example, here it is as shown for the Salamanders, one of the "Big 4" Chapters at that time in the original Space Marine Painting Guide (see the bottom right shoulder pad):

gallery_26_7488_81621.jpg

The image above shows a flame symbol painted within the hand. The other Chapters in the painting guide (Ultramarines, Blood Angels, and Space Wolves) each have their Chapter badge within the hand icon. Another image in that guide shows a helmet without the Chapter badge painted within.

So for those that are reluctant to cut/file the hand symbol off, you could always say that this suit of armour has been handed down through the millennia and that it retains an archaic icon of the techmarine order. cool.png

• Captain Idaho, Chaplain Dosjetka, RikuEru and 2 others like this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_14910_14794.png

Jacques Corbin

Jacques Corbin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,470 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
Ok, so where is the Thunderfire Cannon and/or Conversion Beamer?! Actually, maybe they will come out with the option for a CB in its stand-alone kit.

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,056 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
The conversion beamer is an Index option. We may never see it in the codex ever again.
  • Bryan Blaire likes this
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 337 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

86 ing the conversion beamer techmarine is an odd move. I never got the model,  was  decent  too.

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,340 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

86 ing the conversion beamer techmarine is an odd move. I never got the model, was decent too.

Pretty sure the last time there was a "main line" Conversion Beamer by GW, it was for Rogue Trader and it wasn't decent and looked a lot like a plasma gun from 2nd Edition only bigger and shoulder mounted. Recently it was only FW that produced a conversion beamer, and I don't believe that's a strong enough reason for GW to continue it forward.

I'd prefer them to go ahead and bring a modern model out for the weapon, I agree getting rid of it is an odd move, but maybe they just don't have any good ideas behind the weapon any more, so no model was ever made.

I think the named Iron Father would look awesome with a C-Beamer on that arm mount where the heavy/assault Bolter currently is.
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,859 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

Honestly my only issue with this model is ... what makes it special? What could you take away from it to make it a regular Techmarine (apart of decorative bitz)? It looks like he has only the barest minimum gear you'd expect a Techmarine to carry and nothing named character worthy. Maybe it's just a very bland named character but that would be kinda sad.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Orange Knight

Orange Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 24 posts
In fairness the various named HQ models don't have overly unique looking wargear? We can assume his axe will be some sort of relic, and he might have a unique aura? What if he grants units around him +1 to FNP or he can repair multiple units around him?

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,203 posts
  • Faction: XVth Legion, Loyal Siege force

Honestly my only issue with this model is ... what makes it special? What could you take away from it to make it a regular Techmarine (apart of decorative bitz)? It looks like he has only the barest minimum gear you'd expect a Techmarine to carry and nothing named character worthy. Maybe it's just a very bland named character but that would be kinda sad.

I feel like Techmarines are already so dense with details and stuff, there's only so much you can do to make it look special before it looks silly. I guess a different weapon instead of an axe? He has a bigger gun already I think. 

• Ishagu and choppyred like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users