Chaos Knight incoming!

Darnok

Converting my second Chaos knight now - which is fun but time consuming - excited to see what the kit looks like and what new rules we get. The Renegade Household strategum are already decent so it will be interesting to see what else comes with the kit - maybe marks like Forge World has last edition of demonic knights for synergy with other Chaos factions.

It is interesting that the one shown in the video has different livery than the one in the Renegade Knight boxed set but the same armament. I wonder if the Chaos knight will somehow favor assault. I hope the existing options remain since the Knight offers a durable shooting platform that doesn't suffer from moving while firing.

The text blurb leading up to this talks about 40K and CSM, so it is pretty safe to assume it is about 40K and not AT.

I would not bet money on a seperate codex though, this could very well be something for the new Apocalypse (and a datasheet to download).

I’ve been thinking a lot about this since the video.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m super excited but I’m not sure the true strength in Chaos can come from Knights especially post FAQ.

So I’m hopeful this is more than cosmetic. The thing is I’ve been playing a lot of different lists and I’m finding super heavies with Daemon Engine key words are working far better for me. And in the event I don’t want to spend North of 400 on a non Daemon engine Knight, I’m finding a Lord Discordant and a few basic codex war machines with Daemon rules actually go a lot further now.

I think Fiends, Venom Crawlers, even Kytan and All the rest of it have created a lot for any Knight to live up to.

I have been list testing about adding in a dual Thermal cannon Knight to my GT list as I have really been struggling with anti T8 in my list. 

I would rather use the Kytan for the synergies and the fact its BS /WS doesnt degrade, but only having a S8 weapon doesn't add anything i haven't already got. I need S9 so I can wound russ tanks and other knights on 3+

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. 

I have used the double thermal cannon loadout numerous times and i has never let me down.  I believe a  Youtube channel (darkartisan I think his name is) pitted various GW and FW lords of war against each other in a gladiator style fashion and the double thermal knight was the overall winner....

That being said I still get a lot of mileage out of my double rapid fire battle cannon knight...sitting back and just firing away.

Edited by happyslugger

Double anti-tank loadout won against tanks/monsters in a void scenario? Shocking. ^^

Well heresybeliever (HB) isn't thinking of taking it to shoot at grots and Imperial guard troops.....

HB stated that they were struggling against T8 which would typically be vehicles/monsters.

Edited by happyslugger

If that’s the goal, then let’s play devils advocate: is that Knight mire effective, in overall game terms, than 2 lascannon havoc squads in a Rhino?

Overall you can buff these units, benefit from rerolls / auras and cacophony.

If that’s the goal, then let’s play devils advocate: is that Knight mire effective, in overall game terms, than 2 lascannon havoc squads in a Rhino?

Isn't the strength of the loyalist knights the detachment/strategems they have? If Chaos knight gets similar/ mirrored rules to use with our disloyal 17 CP battery we get something comparable I guess. Maybe FW knights will be better than the new chaos one, who knows. Chaos specific knight, don't have a real interest beyond how it will end up looking visually,  but it will change the faction for sure either way. 

He didn't ask about havoc's...asked about twin thermal cannon knight

More importantly than some glorified agricultural tool, there's this fellow.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/22/the-chaos-warhound-titan-marches-back-to-war/

Might struggle to get that one into a standard 1750/2000 point list lol

What you talking about? It's 2000pt on the dot :wink:

LOL yes but what else can you bring (not that you'll need much).

More importantly than some glorified agricultural tool, there's this fellow.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/04/22/the-chaos-warhound-titan-marches-back-to-war/

Might struggle to get that one into a standard 1750/2000 point list lol

What you talking about? It's 2000pt on the dot :wink:

LOL yes but what else can you bring (not that you'll need much).

Exactly nothing - but in all honesty, they're horrendously overcosted ;p

Chaos Knights suffer from lacking any traits or Strategem. The load out (double ranged weapon) is generally a nice benefit, but doesn't really tip the scales. I can say that double Thermal Cannons is devastating against enemy Knights and has been my most effective tool when lining up opposite Loyalist Knight Houses. Obviously Gallants are pretty good too.