It’s Happening! (Transport is coming!)

Or just  you know buy 6  ;-)  * counts bitcoins * ......  hrmmm  perhaps not

My worry is if that  the "tank varients"   prow  has a missle / torpedo system   "which i love the idea of from a fluff and gameplay"  pov  but from a magnetization front makes it quite hard to do right ... for freindly games one assumes they would be ok with you just "pulling the turret but i'd bet my left mechadendrite  that its gonna be a lot of work to get these swappable.

Also Im REALLY REALLY hoping that the turret is  2 x heavy phosper rather than stubbers ... the skitarri on the side can be stubbers  but it would really help with our problems killing chaff to bring some more Phosper  .. when i dont take robots our horde clear caps out at S3 .

Edited by synthaside

The real issue here is that the main tank turret and the transport turret both use the same Servitor body. I haven't found a solution yet to this problem.

A few possible solutions:

-Remove the servitor from the tank turret. Put in some display and controls, put the pointing skitarius in there, and the servitor is leftover for the stubber turret.

-Combine the twin stubbers and put them on a remote controlled platform instead of the servitor turret platform.

-Use two pintle gunner skitarii instead of one stubber servitor turret. Obviously needs a second skitarii torso.

I like the idea of keeping the servitor for the tank version and having the transport turret manned by a Skitarii.

And I actually have a Skitarii turret body available since I built one of my Dunecrawler with the hatch closed.

Or just  you know buy 6  ;-)  * counts bitcoins * ......  hrmmm  perhaps not

My worry is if that  the "tank varients"   prow  has a missle / torpedo system   "which i love the idea of from a fluff and gameplay"  pov  but from a magnetization front makes it quite hard to do right ... for freindly games one assumes they would be ok with you just "pulling the turret but i'd bet my left mechadendrite  that its gonna be a lot of work to get these swappable.

Also Im REALLY REALLY hoping that the turret is  2 x heavy phosper rather than stubbers ... the skitarri on the side can be stubbers  but it would really help with our problems killing chaff to bring some more Phosper  .. when i dont take robots our horde clear caps out at S3 .

I was also afraid of the torpedo system, but if you look at the sprues they don't share any part.

The tank has panels with torpedoes, the transport has different panels and the landing door.

Unfortunately those are definitely heavy stubbers and not phosphor blasters. It's pretty obvious when you compare them to the weapons on other minis.

Edited by krakjen

Rules wise what I think would be fluffy is a rule/stratagem where Admech could MAKE vehicle unit explode. I think that would be great for our new tank to do

Rules wise what I think would be fluffy is a rule/stratagem where Admech could MAKE vehicle unit explode. I think that would be great for our new tank to do

There's already a strat for that - as long as someone destroys the vehicle first. 1CP -> Kaboom, no dice involved.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already.

This image has a description where it says the transport can carry 10 skitarii or 5 heavy skitarii:

https://pp.userapi.com/c852224/v852224756/10cdbf/k7uHAWzS3_I.jpg

This image has a variety of weapons for Hepheston:

https://pp.userapi.com/c851528/v851528034/119e9d/Wt0zarzFe3g.jpg

I think we might be getting heavy infantry... called Hepheston?

Edited by Mushkilla

Good find. Heavy skitarii sound like a dream come true, especially with those awesome weapons.

Though Hepheston could be the WiP vehicle name - the energy howitzer matches the tank's shorter gun exactly, down to the last muzzle vent. For comparison - in the original design sketches, the current Dominus model is labelled Belisarius Cawl - the name got switched over to the current Cawl model when the decision was made to build an even bigger techpriest, as the designer still liked the name. The sketches are a lot more extensive than what was turned into models so far, but the remaining ones are not shown in case they get turned into models later. So yeah - maybe this is part of a new skitarii wave, maybe not.

Edited by MajorNese

For the Hepheston weapons it mentions shoulder joins and mounts.

"attached directly to shoulder?"

So I don't think it's a vehicle (there are vehicle weapons on that page too though).

Edit: the manipulus weapons are also on that page, so maybe these were all designs for the same wave?

I'd love to have some heavy infantry like the techpriests you get in the mechanicus video game. Or like forge world myrmidon.

Edited by Mushkilla

That's interesting for sure. I assumed that "Heavy Skitarii" would have meant Sicarians from the first image. The second photo seems pretty solid evidence of a new set of models. I really hope they are new Skitarii and not leftovers from the original release. How they will stand out from the Kataphrons as heavy weapons I don't know but I've always leaned into Skitarii over Cult Mechanicus anyway so I'm certainly excited. 

I'm the opposite I just want an elite army of techpriests closer to an explorator force than the massed infantry of skitarii. So I'm hoping for something closer to myrmidon.

I'm glad they are moving away from the skitarii/Cult separation and presenting a more unified faction: auras affecting all units, new transport can carry electropriests etc.

Ohh, just realised how terrifying the shooty electropriests would be in the new transport assuming it's fast and open topped.

Edited by Mushkilla

Not sure if this has been mentioned already.

This image has a description where it says the transport can carry 10 skitarii or 5 heavy skitarii:

https://pp.userapi.com/c852224/v852224756/10cdbf/k7uHAWzS3_I.jpg

This image has a variety of weapons for Hepheston:

https://pp.userapi.com/c851528/v851528034/119e9d/Wt0zarzFe3g.jpg

I want to believe but the sketch books have let me down before :(

An AdMech release with Heavy Skitarii would be amazing though. Maybe with a proper Skitarii Alpha alt build in there.

Well, I hope they “fix“ the rules for Secutarii so that they can use the transport. I can see the rules saying “can transport friendly <Forgeworld> infantry“ but Secutarii dont have that keyword yet.

Since GW and FW seem to work in a vacuum I expect the transport to only carry <Forgeworld> Infantry.

For reference this is the Termite drill transport rule:

This model can transport 12 Secutarii Infantry or <Forge World> Infantry models.

It cannot transport Belisarius Cawl, Kataphron Breacher or Kataphron Destroyer models.

I expect our new transport to get something like this:

This model can transport 10 <Forge World> Infantry models.

It cannot transport Belisarius Cawl, Kataphron Breacher or Kataphron Destroyer models.

I really hope its 12 so that we can also carry that new Skitarii HQ we are getting when that hero game comes out, It has to have 40k rules.

Just to help, the game is called Combat Arena and the model is question is this one: https://www.warhammer-community.com/tag/combar-arena/#gallery-3-2

Still no release date that I can see. Blackstone Fortress has 40k rules for it's characters, doesn't it? 

It does yes, they came in the box instead of the usual later down the road pdf.

And if he is an Enginseer, he can't be any worse than the one we already have which is a total tax.

Edited by Black_Knight

Yes they always release rules with models.

And he's most likely some kind of techpriest. Skitarii don't have mechadendrites.

Surely the Skitarii Sicarians have a Mechadendrite with a Dataspike equipped? Besides, Skitarii didn't have 40k transport vehicles until recently.

It's looks like a techpriest he has normal techpriest legs and a tabard similar to the electropriests. He looks like a low ranking techadept from Dark heresy or an explorator. Lightweight on the augmentations not yet gifted with an omnissian axe. Maybe from a different subcult as the tabard suggests (which doesn't wield the axe, like datasmiths). I don't really see any skitarii influences apart from his hand/ forearm bionic, but the dominus has similar augmetics so they are not unique to skitarii.

Edit: He also has sacred omnitools attached to his belt.

Edited by Mushkilla

We should be happy with what we got: we are the only faction getting 3 new entries (primaris appart): a techpriest manipulus, a transport and a light tank !!!

Now, the grall should be GW giving nice rules (in a brand new codex? hohohoh santa is here?)

Edited by BolterZorro

... we are the only faction getting 3 new entries (primaris appart)...

And appart from Chaos Daemons and Chaos Space Marines, which means everyone who received a wave of releases has more than just 3 new Datasheets :rolleyes:

I am willing to wait for a 2.0 Codex until there is more. At the moment I think there is a lot in the pipeline not Ad Mech related according to rumours, might be hard to fit in a solid release. But maybe I am wrong and the next warzone might be Mars and we get a bunch of other toys no one has seen yet.

Edited by DeStinyFiSh

We should be happy with what we got: we are the only faction getting 3 new entries (primaris appart): a techpriest manipulus, a transport and a light tank !!!

Now, the grall should be GW giving nice rules (in a brand new codex? hohohoh santa is here?)

We are also one of the smaller armies, even our main release was half of what we eventually got. Honestly I like the drip feed as I can look forward all the time. But it better not stop flowing!

Good find. Heavy skitarii sound like a dream come true, especially with those awesome weapons.

Though Hepheston could be the WiP vehicle name - the energy howitzer matches the tank's shorter gun exactly, down to the last muzzle vent. For comparison - in the original design sketches, the current Dominus model is labelled Belisarius Cawl - the name got switched over to the current Cawl model when the decision was made to build an even bigger techpriest, as the designer still liked the name. The sketches are a lot more extensive than what was turned into models so far, but the remaining ones are not shown in case they get turned into models later. So yeah - maybe this is part of a new skitarii wave, maybe not.

Are these techpriest/Cawl sketches online anywhere?

Nope, not that I know. Maybe some people took photos of some pages. I've seen the sketchbook last year on WarhammerFest Europe - the designer behind the AdMech range was there, with a collection of the sketches for everything that was released up to that point. There are more sketches (he directly said - Yes, for a transport too), but it's not possible to show the ones that were not yet released as models. Some might remember the whole Chapterhouse mess - GW releasing artworks/sketches/rules does not equal a copyright. So if they released yet unused sketches, they'd risk someone else making that model first and securing a copyright for what GW intended to make. So there's a solid reason they don't show more than the background of what we already know.

The shown stuff included some design iterations of skitarii and their wargear, the details of what that gear does, or the concept of how techpriests' aesthetics change when they climb the ranks, ranging from the rough levels of the new enginseer model to the dominus. The last stage were complete pencil drawings going into the last detail and pose - models like the datasmith that look exactly like someone took the finished model and retraced a photo. Very interesting stuff, I'd recommend attending the events if possible.