It’s Happening! (Transport is coming!)

Yeah, the transport looks fittingly wacky. Though I like the battle tank/land ship design more, complete with torpedo tubes and everything.

Now for the main question - what to build first? Tank, transport or a tracked version of the shooty repulsor? Or the armigers? Dammit GW, you're filling my painting schedule faster than I can clear it.

I'm hoping for £40 but can see it costing £50.

Sigh transports didn't use to cost this much, long live the days of the rhino.

Built one recently. To be honest, there are worlds between the rhino level of detail/casting quality and modern kits.

I'm hoping for £40 but can see it costing £50.

Sigh transports didn't use to cost this much, long live the days of the rhino.

Well it's also a dual kit and a tank.

It also seems a bit bigger than the Dunecrawler, so more than £40 is likely.

Maybe £45 if we are lucky.

Edited by krakjen

45? GW doesn't do half measures :) It will be £50 then.

I will decide what to build it as when I see the stats. All I can see in my mind is the tank doing 360 Donut no scopes... 

I like it more with the open top/transport, but come on:

- we get a transport

- seems well armed AND its a LOS blocking brink giving us more options

- we got 2 more unit entries!!! yes 2!!! completly unexpected

- one DUAL kit, yes, dual!

Now, lets wait for the datasheet.

Can't be happier as a Primaris+admech+chaos collector: got news on all fronts :teehee:

It'll be nice to have a (presumably) 3rd Heavy Support Option.

I do wonder if this means more in store for Ad Mech in the future?

One thing of note is that all the 40k previews are vehicles; Ad Mech Scorpius, The Gun-Repulsor crap-tank and Chaos Knights...

I wonder if the next campaign book is on the horizon and focused around armored warfare? Armageddon anyone?

Oh I am happy but my wallet is calling out in agony, I thought now that I had completed my Admech and DW armies I could relax... When I had completed my Titanicus Legio I thought I could breath a sigh of relief but not only do I have to buy a Space air cushion now and a Manipulus, I just saw a small thing called Aeronautica Imperialis...

I need some time... alone... with my plastic... 

Ah cool seems they have, my wifes eldar transport seems to also be a duel kit too now I look at it. I wonder if the tank maybe fast attack due to its speed. I cannot really tell what either of those cannons are, even the auto cannon looking one is different to the norm.

I can’t complain. Very interesting. I wonder what the tank version will bring that my beloved onagers don’t already bring. Maybe speed?

I’ll be getting some.

Speed and transport: I think that the tank kit will be a reduced capacity transport a la razorback/rhino.

And seeing how the top fits, I shouldn't be surprised to be able to magnetize both versions to adapt my lists. Will get at least one. This greatly open things for troops especially the priests and vanguards.

Edited by BolterZorro

We already have very good heavy units, so another fast attack would be nice. I cannot see any doors on the tank version so I think it wont have any transport capacity.

That thing is bonkers, some weird hovercraft/landing craft thing. I should be turning my nose up at this thing but it looks like something Gerry Anderson would build if he was angry.

At the very least I can see myself getting the tank and transport versions.

Are we allowed to use Ruststalkers now? :p

LOL at the Angry Gerry Anderson line!

Converters may want to take a peak at the spotter arms that rest on the cupola, I’m thinking they could end up very useful, perhaps used with the spare guns without hands attached that are in the Ranger/Vanguard sprues.

Imagine the possibilities of stacking strats. The +2 to hit on the tank because it's a skittarii unit and I'm sure it will have a data tether. 9" free move with stygies on the transport.

If the transport clocks in at less than 100 points and the battle tank less than 150-170 I think they'll have some real winners.

Edited by mertbl

The more I look at the tank variant the more it looks to me like an Onager has swallowed a Mk1 Rhino. I am starting to change my mind about the kit. I said earlier that I might get one of each variant. The problem is I can't have one Vanguard squad stuck footslogging while the others have a transport, right? Good grief, I need to get my pile of unfinished models whittled down before I start a mechanized Skitarii force (Is there any other kind?).

Mind you, I have a can of Caliban Green that needs using up, and these things have pretty big hulls...

Love it. Absolutely. Even if it doesn't fly.

Hovercraft fits nice wih sand-crawling theme. The Landing Craft style also has me hooked for it, which brings me to the sad conclusion I'm gonnaa "need" several to use as transports and tanks...

By the way:

What about the tank's weaponry? Nice side and upper stubbers and front missile launchers, main weapon options looking like versions of a neutron laser and an eradication beamer, arent they? Maybe somehow a bit beefed up, by the looks of the first one's muzzle brake?

Also I have never heard of a duel kit for a transport/tank before? Is this the first or are there other kits like this.

The Necron Croissant Flyer has a similar duality (Transport or Combat profile).

I really hope we find out rules and release today.i already have 2 Termites and 3 Onagers so im not sure which way I will go with it yet. I IMAGINE it will be a better Tank than Onager cause GW would want to give us a reason to buy it right?

I really hope we find out rules and release today.i already have 2 Termites and 3 Onagers so im not sure which way I will go with it yet. I IMAGINE it will be a better Tank than Onager cause GW would want to give us a reason to buy it right?

I see it as a fast alternative rather than a powerful one. Speed vs Power.

I'm super happy with this release, i remember a while back now when we first started Ad-Mech and we all lamented that we needed a transport...well we got it AND another tank too :biggrin.: 

now as others have said...i gotta hit the backlog of Ad-Mech stuff i have...hey! maybe the new contrast paint might help with that :sweat: ...:thumbsup:  

I dig the WW II look of the transport..it fits the Mechanicus old school idea of "this is how it used to be made so it must be good" (even if its not :tongue.:)

I cant wait for soemone to do a rusty old skitarii transport look ! 

Mithril 

It'll be nice to have a (presumably) 3rd Heavy Support Option.

I do wonder if this means more in store for Ad Mech in the future?

One thing of note is that all the 40k previews are vehicles; Ad Mech Scorpius, The Gun-Repulsor crap-tank and Chaos Knights...

I wonder if the next campaign book is on the horizon and focused around armored warfare? Armageddon anyone?

Apocalypse?