It’s Happening! (Transport is coming!)

Oh Also, when watching the latest video of the new Ad-Mech vehicles... i see that it looks like they have painted the tank with the new contrast paint...down towards the bottom of the hull you can see the telltale signs of shadow from some of those test mini's they've been showing... :happy.: 

or at least thats what i think?!?..:ermm:

Mithril 

I really hope it is fast attack as it really is going to conflict with the Dunecrawler and Bots.

Yeah, I can not imagine where they differ regarding battlefield role. Both, the Onager and the Tank, seem to be heavy weapon platforms that can shoot as they go and both want to stay out of melee. I can see the tank having the fly keyword as the Repulsor, but that cant be all...

Do we know from experience how much time there will be between Warhammer Fest preview and pre order date, just to get a feeling of how much time there might be to safe some money :D

Edited by DeStinyFiSh

I personally don't have any Fulgurite Electro Priests to mess about with, but I did just get a squad of Secutarii Hoplites to build that could use this transport effectively. I am not opposed to getting new disco stick priests since they will be easier to paint than the jazz hand guys and I get to play around with my flesh paint set again. See? This is the problem with new stuff, it convinces you to expand your army. I'm actually going to have to sell my bed and sleep standing up to conserve space for my 40k models. I don't think I am adequately mechanized to be compatible with a docking station! :p

Well, I hope they “fix“ the rules for Secutarii so that they can use the transport. I can see the rules saying “can transport friendly <Forgeworld> infantry“ but Secutarii dont have that keyword yet.

Since GW and FW seem to work in a vacuum I expect the transport to only carry <Forgeworld> Infantry.

For reference this is the Termite drill transport rule:

This model can transport 12 Secutarii Infantry or <Forge World> Infantry models.

It cannot transport Belisarius Cawl, Kataphron Breacher or Kataphron Destroyer models.

I expect our new transport to get something like this:

This model can transport 10 <Forge World> Infantry models.

It cannot transport Belisarius Cawl, Kataphron Breacher or Kataphron Destroyer models.

Edited by krakjen

Love it. Absolutely. Even if it doesn't fly.

Hovercraft fits nice wih sand-crawling theme. The Landing Craft style also has me hooked for it, which brings me to the sad conclusion I'm gonnaa "need" several to use as transports and tanks...

By the way:

What about the tank's weaponry? Nice side and upper stubbers and front missile launchers, main weapon options looking like versions of a neutron laser and an eradication beamer, arent they? Maybe somehow a bit beefed up, by the looks of the first one's muzzle brake?

The guns are quite strange, the muzzle brake seems to imply it is a solid shot type of weapon with a long range (modern day howitzers come to mind) but then it has the basis of a Neutron Laser near the mantle. Its a very odd weapon fitting for Admech. I don think it will be a direct upgrade from a Neutron Laser as that would be stepping on the toes and making the Neutronager obsolete in a way. Hopefully it isnt suffering from stupidly high AP like -5 and instead has better strength or damage. If its only a 1 shot heavy i may be more inclined to go for the other weapon option.

Which to me seems like the more interesting type. Once again it looks like its modified from a Eradication Beamer but it doesnt have the typical focusing dish that the ray and beamer have plus the pistol variant that is coming out on the Tech Priest in the Combat Arena box game. So going off what Eradication tech does I would love to think it is some type of Imperial Ion Cannon of sorts, or a Nova weapon. An energy blast of some type that messes with enemy vehicles by scrambling their circuits. Other than that it could literally just be a souped up Eradication Beamer that always fires in its close ranged mode.

The tank overall is interesting but i dont know how much it will compete with our loyal Onager. Comparing it to the current Neutronager with the additional Cognis Heavy Stubber, this thing has 1 more Stubber, a missile system of some sorts (hopefully not just a krak missile) and will have the speed over its walker counterpart. What i think will be the most crucial difference is survivability... this thing is a chunky boi and its frontal armour looks quite thick. So that makes me think maybe this will be our equivalent of a Plague Burst Crawler, something with 13-14 wounds and toughness 8.

My last point i want to make is the 2 antennas on its rear section. These are a lot bigger than your standard (easily snappable) Broad Spectrum Data-tethers. So maybe, just maybe, this thing will give out more than just a +1 Ld, maybe a reroll 1's to wound aura or some other type of targeting matrix that affects our shooting in some way.

Not overly keen on it I must say. The transport I get it, I can go with that, nothing bad about it I would have just preferred something.... different.

The tank variation. For me doesn't really work. Too brick like, the turret looks kind of plonked on there and I'm not too sure what is going on with the nose.

I will get one though, as I have an idea. I think if the front and the turret were lowered, maybe move the stubbers to the roundy bits. Go for more of a patrol boat sort of look.

Could work.

One thing of note is that all the 40k previews are vehicles; Ad Mech Scorpius, The Gun-Repulsor crap-tank and Chaos Knights...

I wonder if the next campaign book is on the horizon and focused around armored warfare? Armageddon anyone?

Likely in preparation for the Apocalypse release!  More tanks/transports/knights.....

Looking at the chaos knight stuff I’m actually a little sad my knights are imperial. Kinda wish I had gone the chaos route

Muhahahahaha!

(Stick some spikes and chains on with blu-tack, and I'll get you in through the back door if you like Clingy. We'll just say you came in with catering or something). ;)

Looking at the chaos knight stuff I’m actually a little sad my knights are imperial. Kinda wish I had gone the chaos route

This is why I went with a clean Malinax look.

Clean enough for 40k Loyalist, perfect for 30k Knights and now enough basis to use as Renegades in 40k :pirate:

This is why I went with a clean Malinax look.

Clean enough for 40k Loyalist, perfect for 30k Knights and now enough basis to use as Renegades in 40k :pirate:

My firstborn for a Household rule in this book... I don't even care what it is.

Given the one trait known in fluff is basically that, while other Knight Households like valiant charges against the greatest of foes etc, House Malinax were/are more known for a disturbing interest in squishing infantry with a Knight like others might pop a pimple, any rule depicting such would be... interesting.

Muhahahahaha!

(Stick some spikes and chains on with blu-tack, and I'll get you in through the back door if you like Clingy. We'll just say you came in with catering or something). ;)

Today’s main course is crispy fried two-headed eagle. I hope it’s to your liking your wickedness

So has there been an 8th Ed model release that wasn’t a box set that didn’t have its rules in a book (codex or campaign)? Plus there’s the maniplus to come with his rules...

What I’m trying to say is are we getting a new codex and/or a campaign book? Or will we be using the data sheets in the instruction books?

So I'm trying to evaluate how hard it will be to magnetise the two variants, looking at the sprues and the models pictures.

- The front part should be easy enough. I intend to glue the landing door closed and be able to switch between the transport part or the tank torpedo front.

- The "roof" of the tank shouldn't be an issue. I'll have to shorten the ladder of the transport so it's lower and doesn't obstruct the roof, but the rest should be okay.

- For the turrets, magnetising so they can be swapped in and out is not an issue, same with switching weapons. The real issue here is that the main tank turret and the transport turret both use the same Servitor body. I haven't found a solution yet to this problem. One idea was to close the tank turret with plasticard but I'm not sure I can make it look good.

- I may have missed other parts that are shared between the two but are not as obvious. I won't be sure until I can see the instructions.

The real issue here is that the main tank turret and the transport turret both use the same Servitor body. I haven't found a solution yet to this problem.

A few possible solutions:

-Remove the servitor from the tank turret. Put in some display and controls, put the pointing skitarius in there, and the servitor is leftover for the stubber turret.

-Combine the twin stubbers and put them on a remote controlled platform instead of the servitor turret platform.

-Use two pintle gunner skitarii instead of one stubber servitor turret. Obviously needs a second skitarii torso.