It’s Happening! (Transport is coming!)

What sort of flyer would you want to see? Since we now have a ground transport I'm less interested in seeing a dropship. Perhaps some kind of servitor-piloted gunship with a large Data Tether bubble to support ground units? I'd expect the aircraft to be used to maintain links to the controlling Tech Priests after all. An air-to-air interceptor would be a nice dual-build. I'm not sure if you'd agree with such ideas but I think they would probably be the most fitting for our faction considering the old Doctrina Imprative background I think an aircraft that reinforces such links would be appropriate.

Yeah, I'd love a VIP/comand and control flyer. Some sort of dune copter type thing that can transport a Dominus (extending his aura) and covered in scanners data tethers and canticle broadcasters. Something that has as much of a day to day use as a military one: transport between forges, prospecting, delivery to archeotech dig sites that sort of thing. 

I'm really hopping the next releases ramp up the Archeotech/explorator/data gathering aspect of the admech (eg: lots of stratagems around objectives, mission information gathering). I'd love to see our units get more efficient over the course of a game as they gather more data about their opponents. First time you shoot an enemy unit you don't have any modifiers, but after each interaction you get bonuses, that sort of thing. Or defensively each time your opponent shoots you you get more modifiers as you analyse their tactics. The Mechanics game did an awesome job at capturing this part of the admech theme mechanically. 

I really like this idea.

It would be interesting and innovative to have a support flyer instead of the ubiquitous gunship and/or dropship.

What sort of flyer would you want to see? Since we now have a ground transport I'm less interested in seeing a dropship. Perhaps some kind of servitor-piloted gunship with a large Data Tether bubble to support ground units? I'd expect the aircraft to be used to maintain links to the controlling Tech Priests after all. An air-to-air interceptor would be a nice dual-build. I'm not sure if you'd agree with such ideas but I think they would probably be the most fitting for our faction considering the old Doctrina Imprative background I think an aircraft that reinforces such links would be appropriate.

Yeah, I'd love a VIP/comand and control flyer. Some sort of dune copter type thing that can transport a Dominus (extending his aura) and covered in scanners data tethers and canticle broadcasters. Something that has as much of a day to day use as a military one: transport between forges, prospecting, delivery to archeotech dig sites that sort of thing. 

I'm really hopping the next releases ramp up the Archeotech/explorator/data gathering aspect of the admech (eg: lots of stratagems around objectives, mission information gathering). I'd love to see our units get more efficient over the course of a game as they gather more data about their opponents. First time you shoot an enemy unit you don't have any modifiers, but after each interaction you get bonuses, that sort of thing. Or defensively each time your opponent shoots you you get more modifiers as you analyse their tactics. The Mechanics game did an awesome job at capturing this part of the admech theme mechanically. 

I really like this idea.

It would be interesting and innovative to have a support flyer instead of the ubiquitous gunship and/or dropship.

certainly a cool idea.

Cant remember where, but someone had said that in one of the casts, its mentioned that the 'tank' version of the transport does also have transport capabilities. It doesnt look like there be room for a full squad but what would be ace is it it has a transport capacity of 1-2 and can take priests/engineseers that then give the vehicle a buff aura of some kind.

Having the 'tank' version as the HQ vehicle then surrounded by skitarri who are getting buffed by it would be ace

Edited by DanPesci

• 2 weeks later...

My birthday is in a couple of days. I would have preferred it to have been released closer to then but the new paints have a bigger impact on more people's hobby lives. Hopefully it's around the date you suggest since I will want one for the ETL.