Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Chaos Knights Teaser

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
353 replies to this topic

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,057 posts
Australian Championship Preview Event on Warhammer Community

Chaos Teaser on Youtube

Hoping we see some properly 'evolved' chaos knights...

Edited by Brother Casman, 04 May 2019 - 12:41 PM.
Adding links

• DeadFingers likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Parweke

Parweke

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 617 posts
  • Faction: Legio Atarus / Legio Mortis
I was going to buy some third party chaos knight conversion kits next month but now I will wait and see what is coming from GW.
Hopefully there will be conversion sets as well as full kits.
(I have 3 knights ready to be chaosified)
gallery_48988_10980_7442.pngdyD1Zxk.jpg
"As man fights man / In the epic struggle for survival / [/size][/font]The Warmaster shall reign / With oppression fed by a burning hate"(War Master by Bolt Thrower)

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,146 posts
hopefully the Chaos Knights codex is long enough after IK codex so learnt lessons about points and power creep were learned

Mendi Warrior

Mendi Warrior

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,719 posts

I love the idea of heretical knights.

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 04 May 2019 - 12:38 PM.
Removed off-topic.

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: HH Hobby Bee.
Very interesting news. The renegade knight kit was a surprise.
  • Lord Raven 19 likes this
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

Brother Casman

Brother Casman

++ ACCUDO FULMINEUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,938 posts
  • Faction: Blood Ravens
This topic will cover the new Chaos Knights, so it doesn't get lost in the bigger discussion.
  • Parweke likes this
Active Projects: The Great Repaintening! - follow along on my journey to repaint a Blood Ravens army. | Adeptus Titanicis: Legio Metalica - a slow-grow plog of tiny titans and tinier knights.
Finished Projects: Brother Casman's Waaagh! - All of my Orks... for now. | Brother Casman's Terrain Extravaganza! - Getting the "Third Army" on the battlefield

In the operations of war, [...] the expenditure at home and at the front, including entertainment of guests, small items such as glue and paint, and sums spent on chariots and armor, will reach the total of a thousand ounces of silver per day. Such is the cost of raising an army ...

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos
Well since my next project following Slaaneshi Daemons is planned to be Renegade Knights this makes me happy.
  • Parweke likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,602 posts
I have a bunch of Knights I started trying to bless with Chaos bits so I'll be very excited for rules or a Chaos upgrade sprue!

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons
Hopefully this is the beginning of some lovely Dark Mechanicum stuff...
  • Doghouse, Darnok, Parweke and 2 others like this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he´╗┐ saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,977 posts

Alleged one coat paints and now Chaos Knights...not a good time to be a Duncan.

• Sandlemad and Lord Raven 19 like this

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
PRAISE NURGLE! There are no words to describe how happy I would be if GW releases an actual Chaos Knight Codex. It feels like Christmas Eve here!
  • Sersi, Parweke, Tipsy Techpriest and 1 other like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

PRAISE NURGLE! There are no words to describe how happy I would be if GW releases an actual Chaos Knight Codex. It feels like Christmas Eve here!

Indeed. Hopefully we can take marks on them and upgrade them to be possessed too.
  • Parweke likes this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
I have a good feeling about this, so I think there will definitely be more than just double weapons in it. So excited!

I'm hoping for Chaos specific weapons as well. It'd be cool to see my Plague Spitters actually be Plague Spitters and not just fancy Melta Guns.

Edited by DuskRaider, 04 May 2019 - 02:01 PM.

• Doghouse likes this

DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Doghouse

Doghouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,977 posts

I'm hoping the current edition isn't completely wiped in terms of possible weapon load outs as I'm still working on the one I have built. :D

Truescale MKIII Tutorial

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,447 posts

Or a Lost and the Damned/Renegades and Heretics Codex that combines the non-CSM mortal followers of Chaos. So DarkMech, Renegade Knights, Traitor Guard, Mutants, etc.

I'm incredibly excited for proper Chaos Knights, but I must say my wallet is terrified.

Edited by DeadFingers, 04 May 2019 - 03:37 PM.

• Parweke, Akylas, Nemesor Tyriks and 4 others like this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,602 posts

Or a Lost and the Damned/Renegades and Heretics Codex that combines the non-CSM mortal followers of Chaos. So DarkMech, Renegade Knights, Traitor Guard, Mutants, etc.

I'm incredibly excited for proper Chaos Knights, But I must say my wallet it terrified.
That would be awesome.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts

I'm hoping the current edition isn't completely wiped in terms of possible weapon load outs as I'm still working on the one I have built. :D

They couldn't... they wouldn't... that would screw me over so bad. I have to think they'll keep their current load out but get extra stuff.
  • Doghouse likes this

Maschinenpriester

Maschinenpriester

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 386 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

I'm hoping the current edition isn't completely wiped in terms of possible weapon load outs as I'm still working on the one I have built. biggrin.png

They couldn't... they wouldn't... that would screw me over so bad. I have to think they'll keep their current load out but get extra stuff.

I don't think they will. As far as I can remember they did not invalidate any model which was valid in 7th ed...

Anyways... This is great news. I have been splitting the renegade knights box with my brother so i technically have an unbuilt knight in the pipeline. Maybe I wait for the relase... Maybe there will be sonic weapons or something else which is new wich stands out compared to loyalists?

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts
This would be awesome, I have 2 warglaives, 3 regular knights and a Valliant...need some decent rules now...

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,057 posts
Be handy to bring in the models from Blackstone fortress too ;)
Hidden Content

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

Be handy to bring in the models from Blackstone fortress too ;)

The CSM release has created a precident for this. Maybe we'll see a proper Renegades and Heretics style release for Chaos in the future to round out the faction finally.
  • 01RTB01, Hungry Nostraman Lizard and Tipsy Techpriest like this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
I want Lost and the Damned and especially Dark Mechanicum, but I'd prefer this concentrate on Knights. Otherwise it'll be too convoluted, IMO.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Not much to even speculate with but it would be seriously awesome if the Knights could get marks and special weaponry ... imagine a Knight with sonic weaponry like it got mentioned in Gathering Storm (the part that hinted at Fulgrim and EC wrecking havoc on planets already). wub.gif

• Fulkes, Doctor Perils and Tipsy Techpriest like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts

Not much to even speculate with but it would be seriously awesome if the Knights could get marks and special weaponry ... imagine a Knight with sonic weaponry like it got mentioned in Gathering Storm (the part that hinted at Fulgrim and EC wrecking havoc on planets already). wub.gif

I really, really, REALLY want that.
  • Lord Raven 19 likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,057 posts
Gathering storm - a novel?
Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users