Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Chaos Knights Teaser

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
353 replies to this topic

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

Not much to even speculate with but it would be seriously awesome if the Knights could get marks and special weaponry ... imagine a Knight with sonic weaponry like it got mentioned in Gathering Storm (the part that hinted at Fulgrim and EC wrecking havoc on planets already). wub.gif

A Titan that's just walking loud speakers.

And his weapon, his voice and poor iterations of pop songs
  • Fulkes likes this
banana

Battybattybats

Battybattybats

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,452 posts
I expect the knight will be a standard knight and a new armour sprue of chaos stuff.

But if GW really wants to upset the apple cart they’ll have another leg position for questoris knights causing the knight community to go berserk for the other leg parts.
  • Akylas, Fulkes, Doctor Perils and 1 other like this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Not much to even speculate with but it would be seriously awesome if the Knights could get marks and special weaponry ... imagine a Knight with sonic weaponry like it got mentioned in Gathering Storm (the part that hinted at Fulgrim and EC wrecking havoc on planets already). wub.gif

Or just J-Pop.
  • Fulkes and Spiritual Liege like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 115 posts

I expect the knight will be a standard knight and a new armour sprue of chaos stuff.

But if GW really wants to upset the apple cart they’ll have another leg position for questoris knights causing the knight community to go berserk for the other leg parts.

Buying an entire other kit for a couple of new bits.

Just as Planned.
  • Lord Raven 19 likes this

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 575 posts

Just as Planned.

the teaser also shows the power fist/claw on the right arm, rather then the left like the current kit allows, though that might just be art rather then a reflection of any possible new kit/"upgrades".

TheDreadfulSagittary

TheDreadfulSagittary

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
  • Faction: IH, SoH, IK

As a ruler over a small Imperial Knight Household (2 Warglaives and 3 Questoris), I'm absolutely looking forward for this release - mainly because of the possibilities the new kit(s?) could bring. 
I've been thinking on going full traitor and start a new army, and with this year's new releases this desire is rising higher every month. I fear that a Traitor Guard release will bring me over the fence.

I used to be a regular Space Marine, just like you. - but then I took the Horus Heresy in the knee...

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
I bet this is a proper renegade knights codex release with multiple new (upgrade?) kits.
  • Lord Raven 19 likes this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,110 posts

I bet this is a proper renegade knights codex release with multiple new (upgrade?) kits.

Definitely. I'm wondering if the kits will be purely cosmetic though, as they can't remove access to any of the knights/ options they currently have without some serious purchase invalidation from the CA mini-dex.

Maybe one new weapon option per size of knight?

I'm guessing instead of households it will be something like "Renegade/ Dark Mech/ Khorne/ Tzeench/ Nurgle/ Slaanesh" as the sub factions.

malika666

malika666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,097 posts
Loving the artwork!!!
  • fire golem and TheMalius like this

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

krakjen

krakjen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 253 posts

Or just J-Pop.

Hatsune Miku Knight confirmed.

Interrogator-Chaplain Ezra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts

Or just J-Pop.

[laughs in Sunn O)))]

• Ammonius, Slave to Darkness, radionausea and 3 others like this

we_badge_ezra.png

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

I'm shooting for the stars and this is the home of some of those awesome new kits like the negavolt cultists and some of the other good kits I black stone fortress as part of a renegades codex.
  • Zaemie and Lord Marshal like this

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts

I'm shooting for the stars and this is the home of some of those awesome new kits like the negavolt cultists and some of the other good kits I black stone fortress as part of a renegades codex.

That would be very nice.

we_badge_ezra.png

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

Definitely. I'm wondering if the kits will be purely cosmetic though, as they can't remove access to any of the knights/ options they currently have without some serious purchase invalidation from the CA mini-dex.

I'm guessing instead of households it will be something like "Renegade/ Dark Mech/ Khorne/ Tzeench/ Nurgle/ Slaanesh" as the sub factions.

While you're probably right, it would be nice to see the Houses who sided with Horus during the Heresy to get something.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 695 posts

Just as Planned.

the teaser also shows the power fist/claw on the right arm, rather then the left like the current kit allows, though that might just be art rather then a reflection of any possible new kit/"upgrades".

Yes, because if Vigilus showed us anything, then it's the fact that GW nowdays is totaly not delibarete with it's art. No teasers, no easter eggs. It's totaly just the artists imagination running free.

Oh wait...

You can bet your purple panties on it, that the kit will have the exact head option, with spikes and rags, the right handed Power fist/claw options and even the purple with gold trim color scheme is on purpose.

I mean, I'm surprised that no one tried do solve the symbol on it's tabard/flag yet.

• Fulkes, Lord Marshal, Nemerax and 1 other like this

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,826 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

What makes me curious is the animation teaser. Even the new Slaanesh stuff didn't get one and they only really put them out for decent sized releases, no? That makes me wonder if we're getting more than just a Chaos-themed upgrade sprue. My guess is that the Chaos Knight kit is going to have a lot more 'built in' pieces than just a straight Warden + Extra. 

I doubt it's a full blown Lost and Damned release due to it's closeness to revamped Chaos Space Marines, but I'm thinking it's going to be a bit more than just one upgrade kit. Then again, Traitor Command for BSF sure is taking it's time to come out, no?

Interestingly, the Questor Traitoris sub-category has gone off the website.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 05 May 2019 - 03:58 PM.

• Vanger and Sarges like this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

MagicHat

MagicHat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 608 posts

While you're probably right, it would be nice to see the Houses who sided with Horus during the Heresy to get something.

One does not exclude the other though. Devine was Slaanesh IIRC, so there might be houses like the Knight codex, but dedicated to specific gods or bound to the Dark Mechanicum.

Vanger

Vanger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 695 posts

What makes me curious is the animation teaser. Even the new Slaanesh stuff didn't get one and they only really put them out for decent sized releases, no? That makes me wonder if we're getting more than just a Chaos-themed upgrade sprue. My guess is that the Chaos Knight kit is going to have a lot more 'built in' pieces than just a straight Warden + Extra. 

I doubt it's a full blown Lost and Damned release due to it's closeness to revamped Chaos Space Marines, but I'm thinking it's going to be a bit more than just one upgrade kit. Then again, Traitor Command for BSF sure is taking it's time to come out, no?

Interestingly, the Questor Traitoris sub-category has gone off the website.

Looking through the videos of Warhammer TV, you might be right. Gloomspite Gitz, Genestealer Cults, Shadowspear, which were major releases all got some animated teaser.Well we only need to wait till next Saturday to know more.

I took ballistics in school. Fascinating subject. Things go up! Things go down!

*Laughs in Heretic Astartes*

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,044 posts
In fairness if there's upgrades for the 2 giant knights, the classic knights and the armiger sized things that'd be quite a release.

I'd love some house devine hellknights or similar. We can dream... (Just not in this forum :P )

I am very excited for all the reveals next weekend.
  • Slaanbull likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos
Next weekend is going to get wild. I was already looking at Renegade Knights as one of two options to expand into once I grt my 2k of daemons built and painted (the other was a Renegades and Heretics project with both being projects requiring a fair bit of conversion work making them great secondary projects while I play said daemons) so this anouncement sealed the deal.

I feel like most of the releasenwill just be a mirror of the loyalist rules with options for marks (and with demonic possession being my wishlisting). So basically the same plus spikes.

Though I would not be surprised to see a summoning stratagem in the book. GW has been trying to make summoning more of a thing lately for Chaos so we'll likely ses something to continue that tradition.

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Ascanius

Ascanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: Black Legion

Gathering storm - a novel?

Gathering Storm was the trio of campaign books that heralded the end of 7th Edition - Fall of CadiaFracture of Biel-Tan, and Rise of the Primarch.

• 01RTB01 likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Gathering storm - a novel?

Gathering Storm was the trio of campaign books that heralded the end of 7th Edition - Fall of CadiaFracture of Biel-Tan, and Rise of the Primarch.

^what he said.
To be more specific, it's this part on page 84 in the second book "Fracture of Biel-Tan":

+++OPTICON SOLO+++
INQUISITOR ARROD IBN MOADH
ORDO MALLEUS
<THE CACOPHONY OF EXTREMIS SIX>
The appearance of a horrifically scarred Heretic Astartes warlord upon Extremis Six has correlated with a psychic missive from the Prognosticators of Titan.Their prophecy has been borne  out – the fiendish traitors that follow Lucius the Eternal are behind the seismic death of that once-populous starscraper planet.

The Prognosticators, having warned of a billion death screams stacked one atop another, evidently foresaw the collapse of the vast starscrapers that studded the mineral-rich planet’s prime continent. These were shaken to their foundations by translocator-sized sonic weapons attached to the upper limbs and carapaces of a traitor Titan Legion (cf. Riotous Host) – the auditory barrage deafened, drove insane or even liquefied those in its path, dependingon their proximity. After continuous pulses of mind-killing noise eroded their structural integrity, the starscrapers collapsed in on themselves in swift succession, the illowing hurricane of rock dust making extraction all but impossible even for power-armoured soldiers.

The airborne Astra Militarum regiments that moved to enact vengeance (cf. 352nd  lysian Drop Troops, 998th Harakoni Warhawks, 142nd Etharic Seraphs) and their Militarum Tempestus allies (12th Thetoid Condors, 1st Zetic Harriers) reported heavy resistance from eretic Astartes in the war colours of the Emperor’s Children. Ironically, for all the planet-shattering noise that has laid it low, the war zone has gone utterly quiet.

The alleged sighting of a gigantic, serpent-bodied <<<REDACTIO VOX DEUS>>> slaughtering everything the Astra Militarum could send against it has yet to be confirmed or denied.

Edited for better formatting.

Edited by sfPanzer, 06 May 2019 - 07:58 AM.

• RolandTHTG, Xenith, Fulkes and 1 other like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Jackalwolf

Jackalwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,665 posts
No-one is super excited about the legs? They look like they're triple joint like the Cerastus, which would really help Knights stop looking stumpy.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

No-one is super excited about the legs? They look like they're triple joint like the Cerastus, which would really help Knights stop looking stumpy.

They look like normal Knight legs to me with some artistic freedom.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Raven1

Raven1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,061 posts

They look like normal Knight legs to me with some artistic freedom.

Yeah but given how reveals and new models found in art have been going, how much of this is artistic license and how much a preview of the new model.

gallery_33260_13323_10404.pnggallery_33260_13323_11012.pngETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Chaos_DemonsETL_Medal_01.gif

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users