Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Chaos Knights Teaser

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
353 replies to this topic

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

No-one is super excited about the legs? They look like they're triple joint like the Cerastus, which would really help Knights stop looking stumpy.

They look like normal Knight legs to me with some artistic freedom.

Yeah but given how reveals and new models found in art have been going, how much of this is artistic license and how much a preview of the new model.

I really meant just "some". Not a whole lot. Not enough to look like they are completely different type of legs. ^^

Also while it's true that GW killed it for Vigilus and Shadowspear with the model teasing art, it's also true that we got a bunch of new art in 8th edition without any fitting models released with it. I'll just point towards the artwork in the BA Codex with the super fancy Gravis Captain with pelt and stuff and weird winged angel-like beings in the background (with actual flapping wings, so not Sanguinary Guard).

Edited by sfPanzer, 06 May 2019 - 10:40 PM.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
You know you guys can just cut the Knight legs and reposition them, right? Its not horribly difficult.

I'm guessing we'll see more on this and the other sneak peeks this weekend, yeah?
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Who knows. If it's just the chaos equivalent to the Knight Households and AdMech and Freeblade stuff then it would just equal things out. If you think that's cooler than what the imperium got you might be fighting on the wrong side and should consider a switch. :P

• Dracos, Sgt. Blank, Parweke and 4 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
Well to be fair, Chaos is cooler than the Imperium.
  • Dracos, Kinstryfe, Sgt. Blank and 12 others like this

DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,798 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Space Fascists or a faction that dances through the ETL??? Ill take the dancing every time. :tu:

Guess Ill wait to see how this pans out before I blow cash on a Knight for my Slaaneshii boys. 

• Petitioner's City likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,044 posts

Space Fascists or a faction that dances through the ETL??? Ill take the dancing every time. :tu:

Guess Ill wait to see how this pans out before I blow cash on a Knight for my Slaaneshii boys.

Always wait, never blow it early...

God specific rules and chaos specific weapons would be nice rather than renamed but visually identical weapons.
  • Fulkes, Slave to Darkness and Filkarion like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts
  • Faction: The Order (Dark Angels)

Gathering storm - a novel?

The three campaign books right before the end of 7th Ed.
In the narrative sections it made mention of Fulgrim and EC.
  • 01RTB01 likes this

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts
I really do hope we get a Renegade Knights codex (it was kinda sucky when the FW chaos knights got removed,) But I’m thinking we are just going to get the couple codexes and “updated” indexes in WD and then the printed Index books getting nixed from use in Matched Play...

Beyond that kind of speculation, I’m thinking it’s just going to be the basic Knight box with the Gatling cannon, but with an upgrade sprue to make stuff chaos.

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpg Redemption... One heretic at a time. My DA conversions on FB My works on FB My B&C DA Pre/heresy WiP

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 575 posts

I really do hope we get a Renegade Knights codex (it was kinda sucky when the FW chaos knights got removed,) But I’m thinking we are just going to get the couple codexes and “updated” indexes in WD and then the printed Index books getting nixed from use in Matched Play...

Beyond that kind of speculation, I’m thinking it’s just going to be the basic Knight box with the Gatling cannon, but with an upgrade sprue to make stuff chaos.

the chaos knight is still on Forge World, unless there was a different kit I'm not aware of: https://www.forgewor...US/Chaos-Knight

Borbarad

Borbarad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 248 posts

the chaos knight is still on Forge World, unless there was a different kit I'm not aware of: https://www.forgewor...US/Chaos-Knight

I wish they made something similar for the Armiger Warglaives.

• Fulkes likes this

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,078 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Hope the new knights are will be completely different in appearance compared to the loyalist ones showing how mutated they have become whilst trapped within the eye with proper chaos weapons instead of all the sane one loyalists have

Edited by Plaguecaster, 09 May 2019 - 06:05 AM.

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

Harleqvin

Harleqvin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,271 posts

I mean the rules. They got rid of the rules for chaos knights.
  • Fulkes likes this

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,044 posts
Csm and standard marines are now sufficiently diverse. Primaris are almost like the legions reborn in terms of style whereas csm are like 'classic' 40k marines but with demon engines and suitably gribbly things.

Chaos knights thus far are spikey knights. There's little to sufficiently differentiate them (for me). I do hope that their release gets at least one knight that is highly evolved and unique to chaos.

Hope we'll find out in the next 48-72 hours!
  • Dracos likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts

I am looking forward to the announcements, but I am not sure what to expect.

If we have a knight box for each of the chaos gods you'll end up with all knight dedicated to that god looking the same....for example; a Nurgle kit would lead to all the Nurgle knights looking the same.  I have three converted Nurgle knights and they all look a little different with masks from third party sources, etc.  Also, would be a large investment (mould wise) for GW to bring out 6,7,8 new weapons, amour kits and so forth, when they could use the existing knight moulds and add in an extra sprue or two with some chaos bits and different masks?  Something along the lines of the Canis Rex box perhaps?

There will of course be people waiting to buy into chaos knights via a new kit however there will be a fair number of people like myself with three knights already converted that have zero interest in buying new knight kits.

Exciting times whatever is released.

:-)

Edited by happyslugger, 09 May 2019 - 07:57 AM.

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,445 posts

Csm and standard marines are now sufficiently diverse. Primaris are almost like the legions reborn in terms of style whereas csm are like 'classic' 40k marines but with demon engines and suitably gribbly things.

Chaos knights thus far are spikey knights. There's little to sufficiently differentiate them (for me). I do hope that their release gets at least one knight that is highly evolved and unique to chaos.

The 40k Preview is at 11am UK time this Saturday, so about 50 hours from now.

Edited by DeadFingers, 09 May 2019 - 07:58 AM.

• Dracos and Parweke like this

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,661 posts
I HIGHLY doubt they'll make god-specific Knights. It'll most likely be a generic Chaos Knight similar to the Forge World model with perhaps a few variant pieces like faceplates. And I'm okay with that. It'll be nice to have a model, but I'll only get one since I have so many now. I'm more interested in the rules... I really hope they don't waste this opportunity.
  • Parweke, happyslugger and Sarges like this

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,595 posts

There's a lot to differentiate Chaos Knights from Imperial Knights - all the bonus rules, Relics, Stratagems and such that Chaos Knights don't get access to!
  • Majorbookworm, Slaanbull and Stray like this

Heliomanes

Heliomanes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 621 posts

I really hope this is a rules-heavy release rather than just a few models and the odd datasheet. Renegade Knights and traitor-aligned Mechanicum elements are underdeveloped in the rules department, especially since they are so prevalent in the fluff.

I'm converting up the denizens of a fallen Forge World to support my Thousand Sons, and the ability to add a House of sorcerous Warlock-Seneschals piloting their Knight engines would be grand.

• Nemesor Tyriks likes this

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts

Went into my local GW for some paints earlier and the mgr there seemed to suggest it would be a few additional sprues with extra chaos bits on, but largely the same kit as normal knights.  Not sure how much he knows, but he didn't think there would be completely new models.  Maybe the AGC with some spikey bits and a different name/profile was what he believed would be the case......make of that what you will. 

I just would like some rules/stratagems for the chaos/renegade knights.

We shall find out soon enough.....biggrin.png

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,063 posts

Aren't Chaos Knights supposed to be vanishingly rare? I remember the current rulebooks saying that the Thrones Mechanicum actually do a very good job at keeping knights loyal, and it takes a lot of mental breakdown and corruption to turn a Knight. 

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Agrest_IW

Agrest_IW

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Aren't Chaos Knights supposed to be vanishingly rare? I remember the current rulebooks saying that the Thrones Mechanicum actually do a very good job at keeping knights loyal, and it takes a lot of mental breakdown and corruption to turn a Knight. 

Demonic Possesion and no one care loyalnes

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,167 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
They will probably be daemonic which will have some inherent advantages for them.
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Fulkes

Fulkes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,323 posts
  • Faction: Templars, Sisters, Chaos

Wibbly wobbly the warp cares not.

Plus it's not like the Dark Mechanicum can't come up with their own varients free of the restraint of moderation and good sense. Heck, with Mork's Grin open countless worlds were lost inside the warp, some of those were likely knight worlds.

• Sanctimonius, Son of Carnelian, DeadFingers and 1 other like this

My company inform me that their new primaris brother just don't fit in the safety harnesses. And the Chaplain won't let us ride unless we buckle up.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 11,922 posts

They said that about space marines, and look how that turned out.
  • Magos Takatus, Son of Carnelian, Fulkes and 6 others like this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pngXX\

klisof

klisof

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 914 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

The iron warriors like torturing captive knights until they turn to chaos :)
  • Doctor Perils likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users