The Contorted Epitome and 2.0 speculation

So GW has possibly dropped a big hint of a new Daemons book in the chute with the Contorted Epitome.

How? Well, the magic mirror doesn't come with points and tells you to consult the codex. This is (by my speculation) likely to be caused by it still be in playtesting when the packaging materials had to go into production.

I suspect that there was a bit of a messed up involving the release schedule for it though as it should have come out with the Hedonites book in order to have the rules and points ready on release.

So it looks like the new Daemons should be coming relatively soon (this year at least) and the GW team still owes us a points cost for the Epitome (some have already reached out on Facebook and the staff have reached out to the Rules team for the points value).

Possible, or they simply screwed up the datasheet while editing and left out the part with the point costs. I won't hold my breath for a new Codex and even less for a new Codex with something as awesome as depravity points or such. ^^

Possible, or they simply screwed up the datasheet while editing and left out the part with the point costs. I won't hold my breath for a new Codex and even less for a new Codex with something as awesome as depravity points or such. ^^

It's less of a small editing screw up when it specifies the codex verbatim and isn't just left pointless.

I'm guessing sometime before Sisters we'll have a 2.0 codex.

Indeed, while it could always be a classic GW foul up it seems plausible to me. Unfortunately like the C:CSM book it won't be a buy from me as I already have the codex - what I'd really like to see is some positive changes but I guess we can have FAQs for them. Daemons (specifically Slaanesh for me) have had some good improvements that have helped out a lot (remember 9pt Daemonettes..? I'm trying to forget too :P ) so I'm holding out hope for more soon :)

I'm calling it now: no rules changes beyond datasheets for the new units.  Then few nerfs, "Fiends stopping fallback is to strong, it shouldn't be guaranteed make it an LD roll".  Then if we're very lucky some random points drops. 

More seriously, if it happens I expect we'll get a Herald option for the Hellflayer, Seeker Chariot, and Exalted Chariot like AOS just got.  The chariot kit was always meant to represent a Herald so we may get the "Bladebringer".  We'll might get updated rules for Masque since she's got a new model, and is so lack luster compared to the new HQ's and even basic Heralds now.  

If we do get a new codex hopefully we finally get a new plastic foot Herald to replace the awful resin one. 

Edited by Sersi

I can see the datasheet one but they might quitely shuffle the resin foot Herald away and tell us that it's been replaced by the Enrapturess or something.

I think there are 9 Datasheets that have been added or have been changed since to Codex release plus nearly every unit has seen a point cost change.

Karanak
Crusher
Bloodhounds
Blood Altar
Enraptures
KoS
Epitome
Syll Esske
Fiends

Maybe the Slaanesh Terrain will see rules as well as it is only AoS at the moment, isn't it?

I am not sure how much has been added to CSM 2.0, but I think this should be enough to legit a Codex Daemons 2.0.

I think there are 9 Datasheets that have been added or have been changed since to Codex release plus nearly every unit has seen a point cost change.

Karanak

Crusher

Bloodhounds

Blood Altar

Enraptures

KoS

Epitome

Syll Esske

Fiends

Maybe the Slaanesh Terrain will see rules as well as it is only AoS at the moment, isn't it?

I am not sure how much has been added to CSM 2.0, but I think this should be enough to legit a Codex Daemons 2.0.

Don't forget the named KoS.

Unless I forgot something, CSM 2.0 had the following datasheets changed/added:

Abaddon

Haarken Worldclaimer

Lord Discordant

Master of Possession

Master of Execution

Dark Apostle

Dark Disciples

Greater Possessed

Obliterators

Havocs

Venomcrawler

Noctilith Crown

+Dark Apostle prayers

+Malefic Discipline

+Reaper chaincanon

I'm thinking we might not see a Chaos Daemons Codex 2.0 until the Tzeentch Terrain piece comes out, as it's now the only thing missing, then they can put everything for Daemons in it without having to update the Codex with another Datasheet.

Well, that's just my thoughts anyway.

With how they do rules updates a Tzeentch terrain peice could just be in the next chapter approved.

We have to remember their lead times on some projects are massive and that leads to deadlines.

Has anyone emailed GW yet to find out the points? This is an omission on their part that should be swiftly dealt with I'd have thought *eyeballs obliterators*

The Facebook team was asked and they had to wait until today to get an answer due to Monday being a bank holiday. At the time of my posting there is no further update to the missing points costs.

I hope all of you guys filled out the annual survey and when asked "what changes to 40k you would like see?" you all answered "fully digital rules".  

I dont really see how GW can keep doing things the way they currently are.  It is just one train wreck after another.

Wouldn't it be nice if...

-You could pay a monthly subscription fee comparable to the cost of nexflix and get unlimited access to the codicies, campaign books, and whatever else. 

-rules could updated/corrected on an ad hoc/ongoing basis 

As it stands right now to play a game I have to bring 2 codicies(csm/daemons), vigilus ablaze, a binder filled with FAQ printouts, the rules cards from the Wrath and Rapture boxed set, and chapter approved.  This is of course in addition to models/dice/trays/markers.  

I sure didn't because honestly I buy the physical versions and then just pirate the digital versions anyway (usually only so I can find specific things faster via search function).

Digital rules are honestly a pain to deal with and don't mean we'll see anything answered faster. The rules team is still limited in size and unless we have a dedicated team to deal with rules issues, we're never going to see instant fixes on anything.

So let's talk lists.

My first 250 points is:

+ Infernal Enchantress

-Celerity of Slaanesh

-The Forbidden Gem

+Daemonettes x10

-Musician

-Standard (to upgrade for 1CP yo a Ruinous Standard)

+Exalted Seeker Chariot

I'm considering doubling it for the next 250 but I haven't committed yet.