Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shadowspear CSM Squad Loadout

Shadowspear Chaos Marines Load out

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

CMDR_Welles

CMDR_Welles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Thanks to a friend, I was able to get a Shadowspear box. I'm in the process of assembling the Chaos side, and I'm working on the CSM squad now.

I'm curious as to its makeup. It seems odd to me. Is there any in-game benefit for having a mix of Bolter Marines and Close-combat Marines in the unit? If CSM could Combat squad, I could see having the 4 Close-combat Marines and the Champion break off for their own squad, leaving the rest as firesupport. Sadly, they cant.

I'm thinking of getting one of the new CSM kits and with the Shadowspear unit, making one unit with Bolters, and then the other close-combat.

And no, I wont ever run MSU... 10+ man units or nothing at all. I detest MSU with a passion, thanks to 3.5-4e...

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,015 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

No there's no benefit. It's just a squad designed for looks instead of performance. Try to get more Bolter or CCW from elsewhere and build them all with one or the other if you care about WYSIWYG and performance.

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

undivided_apostle

undivided_apostle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
I agree I would get the csm box because you will also get access to aflamer and a melta. It has enough close combat weapons to give you a dedicated close combat squad and the power axe is awesome!

Closet Skeleton

Closet Skeleton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,851 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Mixed squads aren't completely useless since if you want a melee squad it will probably lose a few guys before it gets in close and those ones might as well have bolters. Especially if you're running Black Legion.

undivided_apostle

undivided_apostle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 26 posts
Using the bolters as ablative wounds is definitely easier on the budget and they can shoot on the way there. I would also consider a Rhino.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,015 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Yeah but if you are using basic Chaos Marines as melee unit you don't really care about having a particularly strong list anyway and just play what's cool. ^^

• CMDR_Welles likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

CMDR_Welles

CMDR_Welles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 367 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
I only play whats cool. List building is of the devil...

we hatesss it, my preciousss!

Doom Herald

Doom Herald

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts
You can always run the Chainsword models are Berzerkers. It's completely possible to have Berzerkers that were never World Eaters or their successors. What we think of as "Berzerker helmets" actually show a lineage to the World Eaters, so an other legion or Warband might not even have those helmets.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 714 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

If you have spare bolters, its easy to clip off the pistols and give them a bolter with their melee weapon. Looks cool as well, I have a few like that in my CSM bolter squads. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Rune Priest Ridcully

Rune Priest Ridcully

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,380 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

Get some spare jump packs and make them raptors? It's what I plan to do.

"A tale of 20 gamers" http://www.bolterand...howtopic=254659 Join the HERESY!
Need Snot green paint, will trade bits/pay for it.

QUOTE (Kol_Saresk @ Oct 22 2012, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how GW creates the Warp Talon to be some sort of super-powered Raptor, and instead it's become the king-of-all-kitbashes.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 714 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Get some spare jump packs and make them raptors? It's what I plan to do.

Problem with that is, if you get actual raptors the CSM ones will be way more swole than the actual raptor models. Also you would have to raise the CSM to be raptor height because some would say "modeling for advantage" even if you are not. 

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadowspear, Chaos Marines, Load out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users