Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dominion of Sigmar Terrain... as 40K Terrain?

dominion of sigmar terrain 40k ultramar

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,167 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech

So the new terrain is coming out for AoS called Dominion of Sigmar ...but i was thinking with some well placed symbols from FW or some home made one's even, this terrain could be painted up as some stately high lords office/temple area or the halls of some imperial palace in the Ultramar region etc etc

It would make for some very different terrain on your board..

med_gallery_9146_583_116176.jpg

you could swap out the sigmar statue for some of those cool new ones from the Basilicum set (see below)

med_gallery_9146_583_82405.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Edited by mithrilforge, 07 May 2019 - 04:16 AM.

• Felix Antipodes, mel_danes and N1SB like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,369 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
It almost makes for some Prospero-ish terrain out of the box. Replace the statue with something Egyptian and you have something perfect for some 30k wolves to blow up.
  • N1SB, Excessus, Ovidius Incertus and 1 other like this
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Kinstryfe

Kinstryfe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,245 posts
  • Faction: So many Imperials...
I don't *need* anymore terrain what with all those kill zones, but I had the exact same thought. Wolves and Sons fighting over this stuff could look great.
  • N1SB likes this
gallery_26_4045_659.png

I am a filthy ETL oathbreaker. I acknowledge my failing and will be sure to correct it.

My Lamenters and Harlequins

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,979 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
There's your AT18 Tizca.
  • N1SB likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

N1SB

N1SB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,049 posts

Guys you do a way better sell than even WhC does.  I totally didn't care about these and suddenly you turned these into a must have.

• mithrilforge and Reclusiarch Krieg like this

gallery_57329_13636_19556.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,861 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves
Sigmar statue is a feudal worlds idea of what the Emperor looks like... No conversion needed.
  • Excessus and sfPanzer like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,053 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

You can use almost anything as 40k terrain. Not every planet is super techy and full of imperial iconography and such.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,861 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos and Wolves

You can use almost anything as 40k terrain. Not every planet is super techy and full of imperial iconography and such.

Yep, my Word Bearers have battled over what looks suspisciously like Bretonnia and 1940s france many times in the past, sometimes even 1940s Bretonnia...
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch likes this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Help! Help! I'm being repressed!!!'' - Dennis the Peasant, England. 932 A.D.

Quantum

Quantum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 824 posts
  • Faction: Forge World Fermya

Indeed. And even the Imperial Cult has as many different variations as there are planets, so one can expect iconography that is common to that planet but completely unknown anywhere else.

The real problem is that most 40k players recognize this as Age of Sigmar iconography, which may break their immersion as they may find it 'inappropriate'. A 40k player who never seen anything of AoS will probably think these are some awesome ruins, mystical, alien and enigmatic. 

• RipOffProductions likes this

"The Nova Terra Interregnum has been remembered unfairly by those few who remember it at all. True, many malcontents, provocateurs and petty lordlings flocked to its banner when it seceded. But its attempts to contain the aggressive expansion of the Ecclesiarchy were born from an honest desire to uphold those values at the hart of the Great Crusade. It is ironic that the last gasp of the Emperor's true vision was finally throttled at the hands of those who fought in His divine name, on the planet that once reminded our Lord of 'Urf, long ago...'"
                        - Archivist & Historian Vedek Parsen, pilloried, emasculated, hung, drawn, crucified, quartered, burnt and disintegrated for heresy extremus. Probably in that order.

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,053 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal

The real problem is that most 40k players recognize this as Age of Sigmar iconography, which may break their immersion as they may find it 'inappropriate'.

I completely agree on that.

• RipOffProductions likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpg

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,110 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

It almost makes for some Prospero-ish terrain out of the box. Replace the statue with something Egyptian and you have something perfect for some 30k wolves to blow up.

This was my first thought too, but in my case the Thousand Sons will valiantly try to defend their beloved city and all the innocent people in it! :P

• mithrilforge likes this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he´╗┐ saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

gallery_48988_10980_12646.pnggallery_29004_9303_652.pngEcJeVZz.pnggallery_48988_13169_1292.pnggallery_48988_10069_14888.pnggallery_61265_13249_83587.png

Darnok

Darnok

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 502 posts
  • Faction: CSM, Daemons

It will make a great start for some Chaos temple. Not that I need yet another one, but I guess the Dark Gods would be pleased. Which is all that really matters!

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,109 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

There's going to be plenty of Space Marines fighting over it, whether you're playing 40k or AoS.

• Slave to Darkness likes this

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 446 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

I would love to use this as apart of an armies on display board. I would de-sigmar/ de-egyptify it, make it Greek style architecture for an Olympian style temple- in commemoration of Perturabo's ego or something. teehee.gif

gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 16,084 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
=][= Since this is a discussion about using the terrain of another game for 40K in bumping it over to Amicus. =][=

Exilyth

Exilyth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
  • Faction: AM, SM, GSC

Just add some candles, some purity seals and a bunch of offerings and it's a statue of the revered saint sigmar.

Depending on how modular it is, replacing the pillars with sector imperialis pillars could work too.

Then add some plastic sheet walls (or sector imperialis walls cut to size) and it's almost a small chapel.

• mithrilforge likes this

WH40k: Astra Militarum: ~2500 Pts, Space Marines: ~2000 Pts, GSC: ~500 Pts

and if I had a camera, I'd post some pictures of them.

Tichinde

Tichinde

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 312 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

yup, I thought Prospero when I saw it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dominion of sigmar, terrain, 40k, ultramar

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users