Daemons in a CSM battle forged army

Squike

Hi all,

So I have an old bloodthirster model that I want to use in my CSM army, can I use this as a straight forward drop in hq to one of my detachments as they share the chaos faction keyword, or are there any restrictions?

I was thinking whether it effects things such as legion traits and similar, but I’m unsure, as lesser daemons are in the CSM codex like bloodletters and they don’t have the <legion> keyword either and I didn’t think taking a squad of these had an effect.

Cheers in advance

Yes, you can - but you lose your legion trait, as to get it everything must have the legion trait and the bloodthirster can't get a legion trait.

Likewise, if you take the lesser daemons, they also can't have the legion trait, so you lose your legion trait.

This is if you put them in a detachment with CSM forces.

If you summon them (or put them in another detachment) you don't lose your legion trait - but summoning is really kind of poor.   So the best bet is to put it in a daemon only detachment, or a detachment with the bloodthirster where you don't care if the detachment has the legion trait (say, if it is full of daemon engines or other vehicles that don't benefit from the trait).

Or you could field it as a daemon prince.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Rumi has it, summoning has its uses but it's not great and less so if you want to bring in a bigger model. If you want to take a Bloodthirster taking a separate detachment as Tallarn says is the best way, as there's no randomness involved either and you can get the best from both codices :)