Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FW Friday: Dreadnought Drop Pod & Ordinatus Aktaeus

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,223 posts

Mole and dread drop pod up for pre orders. Priced £325 and £65 respectively.

Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod: https://www.forgewor...t-Drop-Pod-2019

Mechanicum Ordinatus Aktaeus: https://www.forgewor...us-Aktaeus-2019

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 10 May 2019 - 07:39 AM.
Added links & edited title.

Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

happyslugger

happyslugger

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 513 posts
Any idea how much larger the dreadnought drop pod is compared to a normal one? I like many others no doubt, have some normal pods around collecting dust and wonder if you could proxy one prior to forking out £65.

8.jpg

Armies: Blood Angels; Death Guard, Nurgle Daemons, Chaos Knights, Custodes and Harlequins.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,659 posts

Difficult to say exactly how much larger they are at this moment in time since they haven't been released yet but AFAIK you should be able to fit an actual Dreadnought model in the Pod (you could do that in the previous version of it) so it's definitely larger than the infantry counter-part. That said, there is no picture on the product page that shows it with a Dreadnought inside so perhaps that's not an option any more? I hope I'm wrong about that!

Edited by Chaplain Dosjetka, 10 May 2019 - 07:45 AM.

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,213 posts
I think there were pictures of it beung shown in previous events, and if I recall correctly a contemptor could be fitted in with no problems. The previous version was already bigger than a normal drop pod and I think it could not fit a contemptor, so I would say using a normal drop pod as is might not be adequate due to a noticeable difference in size and footprint.
Obviously, it is always a matter of talking with your opponent(s) and see whether they are ok with it.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts

They showed it on the twitch stream last night with a Leviathan next to it and it looked like that could fit inside.

Not that there's rules for it, but I wonder if a Redemptor could fit? How much bigger is that than a Leviathan?

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Honestly, I know this is an expensive hobby and everything ... but FW prices are just riddiculous. No way I'm going to pay for a Drop Pod more than for a big tank and HELL no way I'm going to pay three times the price of a big GW Knight for the drill.

• exsanguis, Shinespider, rendingon1+ and 2 others like this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

MajorNese

MajorNese

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,135 posts

Honestly, I know this is an expensive hobby and everything ... but FW prices are just riddiculous. No way I'm going to pay for a Drop Pod more than for a big tank and HELL no way I'm going to pay three times the price of a big GW Knight for the drill.

Well, good news is, with the drill only having 30k rules and not 40k, for most of us there is absolutely no reason to buy one.

• shandwen, Silas7 and Panzer like this

gallery_6494_6331_8260.pnghhoth_majornesehts27qojyj.jpggallery_48988_11572_4164.pnggallery_48988_11572_12518.pnggallery_48988_15465_8459.pnggallery_48988_15465_5251.pnggallery_48988_6285_13120.pnglockdownpaintingchallwgjra.png

Captain Taelos

Captain Taelos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 174 posts
Maybe it's all relative, but I thought that was a really good price for the Dreadnought drop pod. I paid £65 about ten years ago for older, smaller, less detailed one.
  • Fenbain and 01RTB01 like this

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,485 posts

As interesting as the new Ordinatus is if I was going to buy one I'd be far more inclined to get one of the other two. The Ulator's sonic cannon or the Saggitar's Volcano cannon seem more interesting to me and quite a bit cheaper. I'd hate to be on the angry end of that drill, though. It looks like it should make short work of a Titan.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

rendingon1+

rendingon1+

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,428 posts

Thought of the day:

The loyal slave learns to love the lash.

Looking at some people in my gaming group or even here (which is unfortunate), I think this quote describes FW target costumer best. After LCTB disaster, "new shipping method" and other unpleasant things on part of FW, some people are still willing to pay premium. I wish I had such customers.

• Noserenda, caladancid and RipOffProductions like this

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,468 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

As interesting as the new Ordinatus is if I was going to buy one I'd be far more inclined to get one of the other two. The Ulator's sonic cannon or the Saggitar's Volcano cannon seem more interesting to me and quite a bit cheaper. I'd hate to be on the angry end of that drill, though. It looks like it should make short work of a Titan.

The other two have utterly filthy guns, this one? I mean its the safest transport ever if you dont DS with it? 

*Edit* Its a frakkin sweet model though :) 

Edited by Noserenda, 10 May 2019 - 11:35 AM.

• Magos Takatus likes this

Shinespider

Shinespider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,094 posts

Honestly, the drill looks horrendous to me. Even if I owned one I'd keep it hidden in a box until gametime. No way I'm displaying that ugly thing with my models.

• shandwen likes this

Call_of_Chaos_11_Banner_02.jpg

Knightsword

Knightsword

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 244 posts
  • Faction: Ardent Swords

If only 40k drop pods had a rule similar to Burning Retros.

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 840 posts

Difficult to say exactly how much larger they are at this moment in time since they haven't been released yet but AFAIK you should be able to fit an actual Dreadnought model in the Pod (you could do that in the previous version of it) so it's definitely larger than the infantry counter-part. That said, there is no picture on the product page that shows it with a Dreadnought inside so perhaps that's not an option any more? I hope I'm wrong about that!

So, new dread drop pod fits a contemptor in and closes. I’ve already built and reviewed one on my blog (see sig), as it was available at the HH weekender, take a look ;)

http://www.bolterand...nes-wip/page-28
  • Noserenda, Dosjetka, Jolemai and 5 others like this
Alpha legion and Iron hands work in progress:

http://www.bolterand...legion-wip-log/

Blackshield/World eaters log:

http://www.bolterand...omega-complete/

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,165 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Just like the previous one, it's like proxying a rhino for a land raider. The size difference is significant

RipOffProductions

RipOffProductions

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts

So, new dread drop pod fits a contemptor in and closes. I’ve already built and reviewed one on my blog (see sig), as it was available at the HH weekender, take a look msn-wink.gif

http://www.bolterand...nes-wip/page-28

nice little project blog you've done there, vary informative.

Funny how you were told that the model wouldn't be seeing general release until April, but you thought it would probably be sooner, and now here we are in May, even later than that.

• Cadmus Tyro likes this

grailkeeper

grailkeeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 876 posts
  • Faction: Vylka Fenrika
Thunderbirds are go.
  • Doctor Perils, 01RTB01 and D3L like this

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,105 posts

Just need the Hellbore now.

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,183 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels since RT.
The pod looks the same size as the old Lucius one, same price too from memory.

It seems they've fixed the terrible door hinges now so they won't break every use.
Nice improvement.

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Zeller

Zeller

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,162 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

The price on that drill is insane. The model itself is so bland the price is not justified. New molds and mumbo jumbo aside...

• shandwen likes this

Personally, I'd say it makes a lot more sense to keep putting them on the right. Anyone who questions your decision is a Communist.

QUOTE (Ashdown @ Aug 17 2010, 07:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can play vanilla marines, however, it is a heavy burden to wield such shame.

gallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 14,165 posts

Any idea how much larger the dreadnought drop pod is compared to a normal one? I like many others no doubt, have some normal pods around collecting dust and wonder if you could proxy one prior to forking out £65.

Its MUCH chunkier- with a lot more resin.  The doors are fat and thick, and the overall base is noteably broader, although the top-to-bottom silhouette is comparable with all the doors. 

Think of it as an over-weight drop pod.  

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,943 posts

Its MUCH chunkier- with a lot more resin.  The doors are fat and thick, and the overall base is noteably broader, although the top-to-bottom silhouette is comparable with all the doors. 

Think of it as an over-weight drop pod. 

Basically, proxying a normal drop pod as the Dreadnought Drop Pod would be like proxying a normal Dreadnought as a Leviathan or Redemptor :lol:

• m0nolith likes this

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,354 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

Got the Dread Drop Pod.

Leviathan just went up to 11!

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,848 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
I wish for that price they’d include a a mole that has breached the surface

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users