Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1500 pts to Face Off Space Wolves

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

TheKneesofRaj

TheKneesofRaj

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4 posts

Hello there friends!

Like the title suggests, list is for a fluffy epic showdown between myself and my friends 1500 points of Space Wolves. Obviously this list is intended to be somewhat fluffy but also a little bit on the competitive side.

-Battalion Detachment-

HQ

Ahriman on Disc w:/ Helm of the Third Eye. Powers: Death Hex, Diabolical Strength and Doombolt.

Exalted Sorcerer w:/ Force Stave. Powers: Prescience and Warptime.

Troops

(10) Rubric Marines w:/ Force Stave and Soulreaper Cannon. Power: Weaver of Fates.

(10) Rubric Marines w:/ Force Stave and Soulreaper Cannon. Power: Tzeentch's Firestorm.

(10) Rubric Marines w:/ Force Stave and Soulreaper Cannon. Power: Temporal Manipulation.

(30) Tzaangors w:/ Blades and Greyhorn.

Elites

Helbrute w:/ Helbrute Fist, Heavy Flamer and Twin-Lascannon.

Tzaangor Shaman w:/ Force Stave and Dark Matter Crystal. Power: Glamour of Tzeentch.

Fast Attack

(3) Tzazngor Enlightened w:/ Fatecaster Greatbows.

Heavy Support

Maulerfiend w:/ Lasher Tendrils

I think I did a pretty good job of balancing the unit choices. The powers also have some really cool overlap/synergy potential for buffs, debuffs and mortal wounds.

Delivery System for the Tzazngors will be webway. The Maulerfiend will move up supported by Ahriman and potentially a Rubric squad. The rest will act as a gunline with the Enlightened harassing on the flank supported by the shaman. Once the 30 man unit drops, I can use the dark matter crystal to "teleport" the shaman to them for support.

Total 1495 CP: 8 (-1)

Thoughts?

Juope

Juope

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6 posts
  • Faction: All Heretic Astartes

I am not a huge fan of use helbrutes with a twin lascannon and fist for my TS. I would either go missile launcher lascannon, or double melee... I would drop the helbrute personally and add more enlightened with bows, or something else, like another mauler.

3 enlightened with bows I feel will not do much for you, the more the better with them, at least when I have used them I have not done much with less than 9.

I do not think you can use DMC on the shaman because he is not infantry (because he is on a disk, I think they lose they "infantry" key word when they go on a disk -
I dont have my codex on me and it has been a month or 2 since I have looked at the TS codex). Also Ahriman can't take the helm of the 3rd eye because he is a named character - you can just put it on the exhalted sorc (named characters can't take relics).

You can also think about combining 2 10 man Rubrics into a 20 man and use the DMC on them, or put them in DS (I see you are putting the Tzaangors in DS).

I have a lot of fun playing rubrics, even though they are not the best choice, I enjoy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users