Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bandai & GW Releasing 7 inch Action Figure

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

HereticMarine1

HereticMarine1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts

Hopefully as its bandai it won't be too expensive, its a good start. perhaps we will get normal marines, guard, chaos marines etc in the future if it sells well, prefer this to the funkos.

• Master Commander Ajax and Shinespider like this

Apothecary Vaddon

Apothecary Vaddon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,329 posts
  • Faction: n/a, don't do TT

Wonder how much it'll be

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,442 posts

Price will depend a lot on quality. If they're going all out in might end up quite pricy...

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts
Loading resistance protocols...

Load failed...

Adding to buy list in 5... 4...

Yeah, love them! The Chibi are going to be pod/blind purchases according to the press release but there’s not that many and I like them all anyway! Must have the Skitarii though!

And the big fella will definitely be going on my shelf!
  • Stoic Raptor and Kierdale like this

RikuEru

RikuEru

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,292 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
They REALLY want to get the Gamer and Asian demographics into the hobby somehow.
First the Space Marine Heroes Miniatures in Blind Boxes released in Japan first and foremost, now this.

I guess GW knows the Asian Market has some untapped whale potential of people who NEED to buy everything of something, as long as it's limited and interesting to them.

But... why should I care? I REALLY want that Action Figure. And maybe some of the Chibis (depending on what is released) aswell.
  • Zebulon likes this

q6c0AMP.pngUZREYOk.pngrm0hCox.png4bqeAKq.pngSuMQ47R.png

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
I’ve thought that this would be a great idea for years.
The main difference between a Ultramarine and a Blood Angel figure is color, same for pretty much every other chapter as well.

Using the exact same mold in different colors would also cut down the cost for a line of figures. If they sell well enough, I expect to see a generic Chaos Marine, an Ork Boy, an Eldar Guardian, Necron Warrior, Anything that’s a simple paint swap.

They could also do upgrade packs that could include molded Chapter symbols on shoulder pads or head’s that can be swapped out on the figures.

Even a basic weapons pack

Price will depend a lot on quality. If they're going all out in might end up quite pricy...

It really depends on how much the licensing is.

The Hasbro Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, and Overwatch figures are this scale and for a nice figure with great paint, they run around $20 a piece.

A figure like this shouldn’t run more than $30

Shouldn’t

GW being GW, it could be $60, Because Exclusive Collectible!!!

Edited by DutyBeforeAll, 10 May 2019 - 06:22 PM.

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,478 posts

I wonder which chapter they are going to paint this chap up as

A beaky holding an ork's head? The world may never know.

tongue.png

Edited by DeadFingers, 10 May 2019 - 06:14 PM.

• Stoic Raptor, Xenith, Slave to Darkness and 1 other like this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts
If this is just the first, surely there’s a terminator coming... That would be amazing.

RandyB

RandyB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 360 posts

If this is just the first, surely there’s a terminator coming... That would be amazing.

A new Terminator sculpt that can be scaled down to tabletop size. 😁
  • Master Commander Ajax likes this

Put the toys on the table and throw the dice. Everything else is just noise.

...Unless you're just in this for the modeling. In which case, show your work. Yours likely looks better than mine, anyway.

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,470 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Ooooh these look great, though a terminator action figure makes me drool :D 

TheFinisher4Ever

TheFinisher4Ever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 538 posts
  • Faction: Grey Knights
Well looks like I've got my nephew's next Christmas present picked out.

Ad Mech - 5,000 points

Blood Angels - 12,000 points

Dark Angels - 6,500 points

Deathwatch - 3,000 points

Eldar - 18,500 points

Imperial Fists - 5,000 points

Imperial Guard - 1,000 points

Grey Knights - 6,500 points

Sisters of Battle - 4,000 points

Brother-serpent Tylydox

Brother-serpent Tylydox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 931 posts

Technically, there is also an ork with the Chibis.  whistlingW.gif

Sign my petition about Collaboration between Games Workshop and Hasbro to create My Little Pony in WH40K Universe

: https://www.ipetitio...p-and-hasbro-to

Xwingt65

Xwingt65

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,396 posts
  • Faction: HH Hobby Bee.

This is simply wonderful. A giant pose-able space marine and a chibi Skitarii are dangerously close to demanding shelf space. I get the impression from the Gunpla enthusiasts that Bandai produce some really nice quality models.

Bandai knows how to make a top quality model kit.
13.jpg

The 40k fluff explained to an outsider:

Some space elves got really into drugs and sex and a big scary monster got born that ate them.
A space wizard got beaten up by a guy who said he was his friend but wasn't and now he's on a life support machine and people worship him because he was super awesome.
Now there are giant men with rocket launcher machine guns and 4 hearts and are really super awesome who beat up everything.
Also there's a bunch of aliens but they don't really do anything and aren't as cool as the rocket machine gun super men, so who cares?

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,441 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
First task will be converting it into proper Mark III armor...

Edited by FlamingDeth, 10 May 2019 - 08:00 PM.

• Noserenda, Interrogator Stobz and Slave to Darkness like this
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,240 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Holy mother of HAPPENING!

This is good. All is well.

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,240 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.
The Hasbro Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, and Overwatch figures are this scale and for a nice figure with great paint, they run around $20 a piece.

Shouldn’t

Depends very much on the quality, too. You get much higher-end figures than what Hasbro offers, especially from Japanese companies- with Overwatch as an example, compare the articulation and build quality on the Hasbro Tracer to Max Factory's Figma Tracer.

Licensing regardless, I'd much rather pay more for a better figure. Of course if this is a model kit it shouldn't cost as much as a prebuilt figure, but I'd prefer the price be higher if it gets us better quality.

• Stoic Raptor likes this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,851 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
I hope they bring out some assault marine and terminator goodness, a highly customizable chapter master figure would be bonkers good.
  • DutyBeforeAll likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,672 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
You know what we need instead of a Primaris? A Plague Marine.
  • Master Commander Ajax, Slave to Darkness and Evil Eye like this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

FlamingDeth

FlamingDeth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,441 posts
  • Faction: The Raven Order, Deathskulls
Any marine can be a plague marine with the proper application of bitz, styrene, and putty!
Formerly known as CardinalVirtue

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,131 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
Hell yeah, Gundam sized marines are going to be awesome Bandai releases some truly amazing kits , can’t wait to how easy it will be to convert them using actual Gundam kits as I want to convert up a Zaku Marine

Edited by Plaguecaster, 10 May 2019 - 08:21 PM.

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

DutyBeforeAll

DutyBeforeAll

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts

Shouldn’t

Depends very much on the quality, too. You get much higher-end figures than what Hasbro offers, especially from Japanese companies- with Overwatch as an example, compare the articulation and build quality on the Hasbro Tracer to Max Factory's Figma Tracer.

Licensing regardless, I'd much rather pay more for a better figure. Of course if this is a model kit it shouldn't cost as much as a prebuilt figure, but I'd prefer the price be higher if it gets us better quality.
Maybe it’ll be Hasbro quality with Figma prices, the best of both worlds!

I just can’t see GW gambling on a $60 plus dollar figure to start with.
Well, ok, I CAN see GW doing that, but it’d be foolish.

Overwatch has how much exposure Compared to Warhammer? You’re banking on a small (in comparison) group of fans willing to purchase a figure.

Take Overwatch for example. As popular as it is for a game, it’s not really a big thing mainstream. So to sell a Overwatch figure you have three choices.

A figure collector that’s a fan of the game

A figure collector that doesn’t care about Overwatch but likes new lines of nice figures

A fan of Overwatch that doesn’t collect figures but buys a couple of their favorite characters

That’s the main buyers.

I suppose that there’s a fourth. Someone going through the toy isle in Walmart/Target and seeing something that catches their eye and buys it. That pretty much requires the Hasbro price point

Price it like a Figma and it’s a game shop/ comic book store/online sort of deal. That’s a much smaller potential customer base and expensive for a figure with one accessory.

Edited by DutyBeforeAll, 10 May 2019 - 08:38 PM.

AgentOrange

AgentOrange

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts

Shouldn’t

Maybe it’ll be Hasbro quality with Figma prices, the best of both worlds!

I just can’t see GW gambling on a $60 plus dollar figure to start with.
Well, ok, I CAN see GW doing that, but it’d be foolish.

Overwatch has how much exposure Compared to Warhammer? You’re banking on a small (in comparison) group of fans willing to purchase a figure.

Take Overwatch for example. As popular as it is for a game, it’s not really a big thing mainstream. So to sell a Overwatch figure you have three choices.

A figure collector that’s a fan of the game

A figure collector that doesn’t care about Overwatch but likes new lines of nice figures

A fan of Overwatch that doesn’t collect figures but buys a couple of their favorite characters

That’s the main buyers.

I suppose that there’s a fourth. Someone going through the toy isle in Walmart/Target and seeing something that catches their eye and buys it. That pretty much requires the Hasbro price point

Price it like a Figma and it’s a game shop/ comic book store/online sort of deal. That’s a much smaller potential customer base and expensive for a figure with one accessory.

It's Bandai of Japan, it's not going to be big box mass market retail.  It will be an import figure in the west, distributed by BlueFin in the US if we're lucky, and retail somewhere between $40-60.  You'll find it at Gamestop, Barnes and Noble, likely solicited by Diamond in Previews, and on Amazon.

Montford

Montford

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 954 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle/Red Templars

I so want that Sister and that Inquisitor yes.gif

Peace may cost less than war, or infinitely more, for war cannot cost more than one's own life.

-Klingon proverb

utilityzero

utilityzero

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,059 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Pain
If they price like they did MSIA it'll be affordable but nearly all of their action figures are $40 or more now. This will likely be in that range, maybe since it's intended for western release and not just a hard to find speciality thing it might be better but Robot Spirits which is like a comparable item I think is more in the 40-60 range normally.
1% of people know that answer to, "What's the F.T.W. stand for?" You're not one of them.
8% of teenagers dont listen to rap and 2% havnt tried pot OR drinking... and an even smaller percentage of people actually feel the need to bolster their own self-esteem by putting a spin on being rhythmicly challenged and having no social life.
100% of your base are belong to us.
50% of marines apparently get lost in the warp. If only the guy who came up with that plot had gotten lost in the warp first.

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,225 posts
I'm glad people are happy and genuinely want this but I really don't get these or the funko pops...
  • Zebulon and Wakkomaster like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users