Gearing up for ETL

Alright, just acquired some 2nd hand models to fix up and get back on the table. So far

6 Leman Russes (NIB, I will be assembling these over the next few days)

1 shadowsword

1 baneblade

1 questoris pattern knight

1 armiger knight

Gonna get some dudes on order from Forgeworld, and get a few squads of mk iv armor for a plasma support squad and a lascannon heavy squad.

What else should I do? No titans this go round. The last one killed me.

Alright, just acquired some 2nd hand models to fix up and get back on the table. So far

6 Leman Russes (NIB, I will be assembling these over the next few days)

1 shadowsword

1 baneblade

1 questoris pattern knight

1 armiger knight

Gonna get some dudes on order from Forgeworld, and get a few squads of mk iv armor for a plasma support squad and a lascannon heavy squad.

What else should I do? No titans this go round. The last one killed me.

Now you're talking! As for what else, that's up to what you need/want/can use for your armies. Lists haven't been my thing for a lot of years so our brothers will have to help you out with suggestions. Or just get something you've been wanting to paint. Whatever you decide, I'm sure glad you're back on board again this year.

Hmm chaos might be top forum after all the new stuff

That's the very best reason to stay with the heresy and help the team. ;)

Edited three times because I can't type for spit tonight.

Edited by Semper Fortis

Argh, can't decide whether to come back for ETL for AoD again or to change my banner to the Adeptus Astartes. I need to figure out what I have that can be built.

Why here in AoD, Viridia. That should be obvious. Why get lost in that maze of 40k chapters. Heck, some of them don't even know who their Primarch was. Besides we're such nice supportive folk. ;)

Hmmm, I've been holding off painting my metallic night lords from the new CSMs, do I run them here or Chaos, ohh the choices!!

You run them here, of course. Your Primarch needs you. Your chaos brethren need you.

Woot, StatusJoe, glad ta see ya round here mate!  Was hoping that L&T wasn't gonna be too horrific a drain (I know it looks like it'll be hurting me a little) but this is the Age of Darkness, we make do with less!  That's still a crazy good amount of armour, dude, ain't nothing wrong with that.  

Hah, Fortis is right Viridia; why get lost in the morass of a thousand chapters pledging no more than a thousand points wailing into the darkness?  The Legions are a place for heroes, a time when the Mechanicum wasn't merely a stray dog on the Emperor's leash but one of the twin dualities of mankind's unification.  Why submit yourself to an age of misery ten thousand years far-flung where you'll be lost in the miasma fighting the inevitable, where one mean nothing.  Join the Crusade, where every bolt and blade counts among the panoply of heroes! 

OoOoooh metallic Night Lords, Lord Commander Eidolon?  Colour me interested, that is something I haven't seen before and think I'd rather like too.  You know that you should pledge to the living primarch and the forces of the Warmaster's revolution, and not some debased pretender princelings of the broken legion sworn to the Warmaster's equally broken son. 

:tongue.:

Edited by Vykes

No, you have to choose one or the other.

But this is not a problem really, as you can do whichever legion or other faction you want (Traitor or loyalist) regardless of the sub-Forum you choose. You want to be loyalist and do Word Bearers? Be my guest. You want to be traitor and do Imperial Fists? Fine by me... It’s just that your points will nominally go to either the Traitor or the Loyalist side - depending on your choice.

Having said that the only constraint is that you can only pledge named characters of the side you choose. So if you go loyalist you may not vow Horus Lupercal for example. But you may vow Loken! :)

I hope the above was clear... :unsure:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I can't believe it is time for ETL VII. I've got a nice big pile of stuff that I've been saving for this event and this time I feel like traitor Emperors Children. Now I don't know if anyone else is setting or sharing their goals but this year I want to push myself harder than last year. I managed to get 42 models done worth 6000 points done last year and this year my ultimate goal is around 150 (mostly infantry) models done worth roughly 10,000 points, honestly I'll probably only get half way their but aim for the moon land in the stars and all that. Hey if I reach my goal I might even win the AOD-traitors champion badge but I reckon there will be stiff competition this year especially from the likes of Vykes and Dreaghur.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I can't believe it is time for ETL VII. I've got a nice big pile of stuff that I've been saving for this event and this time I feel like traitor Emperors Children. Now I don't know if anyone else is setting or sharing their goals but this year I want to push myself harder than last year. I managed to get 42 models done worth 6000 points done last year and this year my ultimate goal is around 150 (mostly infantry) models done worth roughly 10,000 points, honestly I'll probably only get half way their but aim for the moon land in the stars and all that. Hey if I reach my goal I might even win the AOD-traitors champion badge but I reckon there will be stiff competition this year especially from the likes of Vykes and Dreaghur.

You know, I wouldn't count on a too stiff competition from my side. I ran out of superheavies last year and my mechanicum takes a bit more time for converting than my WE. I currently have only about 2000 points prepared for the ETL. Writing an army list before starting to buy sadly has its downsides.

I also would have around the same amount of gsc, which are currently terribly underrepresented and the new mechanicus transport would fit perfectly into my concept for them.

So you just have to convince me to switch sides.:wink:

Edit: Apparently I have a few more Marines lying around, that I forgot about.

Edited by Dreagher

Bah, let the golden legion follow their master like deluded pets.  Let them bark on command and croon about how great their loyalty is while others hold the leash, feed them, and think for them.  They're even more arrogant than Russ's barbarian whelps, but they die just as easily. :P 

hah, I know how that is Dreagher, I reaaaally do.  Eternal Despair, if you nail those goals I think you'll take it.  Between L&T and this I'm pretty tapped out of reserves, the last batch carved off about 5K points so I'm down to not too much more than that at the moment. Aiming for about 5K, Optimistically hope to crack 7K, and I have every doubt that I won't manage my previous 11K. 

Oh boy oh boy oh boy I can't believe it is time for ETL VII. I've got a nice big pile of stuff that I've been saving for this event and this time I feel like traitor Emperors Children. Now I don't know if anyone else is setting or sharing their goals but this year I want to push myself harder than last year...

I'm glad to see someone as psyched up for ETL as I am. :) Go get that Champion badge, brother!

... gsc, which are currently terribly underrepresented and the new mechanicus transport would fit perfectly into my concept for them.

So you just have to convince me to switch sides.;)

Edit: Apparently I have a few more Marines lying around, that I forgot about.

Hmmm. Let's see.

1. You already have 2000 points prepped for ETL. You know where your heart is.

2. You have forgotten marines lying about. Obviously your subconscious left them as reminders of your true intent.

3. GSC? Bah! Puppets of a hive mind! They're nothing compared to the perfection of the Marines!

4. Who wants to have to paint all those extra pairs of arms?

5. What about that sacred bond formed last year as we battled for supremacy despite a serious points handicap. How could you abandon those battle brothers?

How am I doing so far? :lol:

Edited by Semper Fortis

Woot! Forge World delivery arrived yesterday. Glaive is here and that's 695 points of Lord of War goodness! Also picked up another Leviathan dread because siege army. Besides, I couldn't resist that BOGO sale on dread arms. I'm such a sucker...