Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Repulsor Variants

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
627 replies to this topic

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

I don't think anyone else has covered this yet

Fest2019-Sat12-Executioner1tjs.jpg

Fest2019-Sat12-Executioner2ujcsf.jpg

First one is a heavy laser destroyer, so finally some proper AT for Primaris. Second is a macro plasma incinerator - same weapon as the Redemptor? I can't remember what it's huge plasma weapon is called.

Ishagu, contain yourself lad msn-wink.gif

Edit: Adding more photos

Edited by Toxichobbit, 11 May 2019 - 11:01 AM.

• Doghouse, Warhead01, templargdt and 3 others like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,972 posts
Ughh.

I s really hoping for a new hull

But this confirms to mass that the repulsor is the rhino/predator replacement

Edited by Triszin, 11 May 2019 - 11:01 AM.

• templargdt, Trevak Dal, SickSix and 1 other like this
banana

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

Alright that was unexpected. Curious about the Heavy Laser Destroyer variant. Sounds to me like it completely replaces the Lastalon variant of the regular Repulsor since the article mentions the Repulsor Executioner still has transport capacity as well (probably just 5 instead of 10, but Primaris are expensive and this tank won't help so who has points for 10 anyway :teehee: )

Edited by sfPanzer, 11 May 2019 - 11:01 AM.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG
Was hoping for turret-less variant, with 10 primaris capacity.
  • Black Blow Fly, birdbath, Karhedron and 2 others like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

Alright that was unexpected. Curious about the Heavy Laser Destroyer variant. Sounds to me like it completely replaces the Lastalon variant of the regular Repulsor since the article mentions the Repulsor Executioner still has transport capacity as well (probably just 5 instead of 10, but Primaris are expensive and this tank won't help so who has points for 10 anyway teehee.gif )

I don't think so. It's described on WarCon as a battle tank. So it's the quad-las Predator to the Repulsor's dual las Razorback. Assuming the pricing is right, both will have a place for different situations (hopefully).

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Was hoping for turret-less variant, with 10 primaris capacity.

Considering the big bulk of points doesn't come from it's turret I never understood that position tbh.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Marshal Vespasian

Marshal Vespasian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,378 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Lets see about the points cost for this guy. But I like how GW tells AdMech players "we heard you" and Primaris players ask for a cheap transport and get a main battle tank with moderat transport capability ^^

• Thrown Pommel and Lord Nord like this

uqpKirY.jpgsml_gallery_48988_16053_22483.png

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,972 posts
Also it has a twinlinked hailstorm auto Cannon at the rear

Or whatever it's called

Edited by Triszin, 11 May 2019 - 11:08 AM.

banana

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,712 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment
The profiles are still pretty big and the dual turret weapons seem odd, but I can work with this. Pretty excited to try some conversions, honestly.
  • Warhead01 likes this

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

Alright that was unexpected. Curious about the Heavy Laser Destroyer variant. Sounds to me like it completely replaces the Lastalon variant of the regular Repulsor since the article mentions the Repulsor Executioner still has transport capacity as well (probably just 5 instead of 10, but Primaris are expensive and this tank won't help so who has points for 10 anyway teehee.gif )

I don't think so. It's described on WarCon as a battle tank. So it's the quad-las Predator to the Repulsor's dual las Razorback. Assuming the pricing is right, both will have a place for different situations (hopefully).

There are no stormbolter/fragstorm grenade launcher turrets over the doors and on one pic no Krakstorm grenade launcher on the turret and no auto-launchers on the turret. Instead it has a bigger main cannon and an improved rear gun (which was only cherry on the top anyway) and the article still says " [...] the Repulsor Executioner has a modest transport capacity, allowing you to disgorge a squad of Primaris Space Marines to finish off anyone with the audacity to stay standing."

Edited by sfPanzer, 11 May 2019 - 11:17 AM.

Subtleknife

Subtleknife

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
Looks nice. Presume the repulsor platform will morph to be like the rhino platform for regular marines
  • Fulkes likes this

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,827 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

This is what I need! Can't wait! 
When will this be released?

Edited by Warhead01, 11 May 2019 - 11:15 AM.

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

It looks like it has literally the same equipment except for the main cannon and the rear weapon (which is only cherry on top anyway) and the article says "[...] the Repulsor Executioner has a modest transport capacity, allowing you to disgorge a squad of Primaris Space Marines to finish off anyone with the audacity to stay standing."

Ahh, I missed the bit about it having a smaller transport capacity. It's going to cost a bomb then!

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,146 posts
On the plus side it looks like it can be built without a lot of the bells and whistles weapons, min build the 2 turret heavy weapons, 2 or 3 storm bolters, and twin heavy bolter

Plasma build would then clock in at about 250 points

And no weapons above the doors looks interesting for a more transporty version

Downside is capacity of 5 rules out character plus a squad

Edited by Dark Shepherd, 11 May 2019 - 11:15 AM.

MistaGav

MistaGav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
Just noticed it doesn't have the storm bolsters on the side so it's a slightly different chassis. This could be the long ranged anti tank primaris have been wanting but my main concern is the point cost. I could easily see it being 300-400 points.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

The storm bolters are mounted at the rear of the turret, as shown in this picture.

Fest2019-Sat12-Executioner4uhcfe.jpg

Edit: What the hell is going on with that flying stand?

Edited by Toxichobbit, 11 May 2019 - 11:14 AM.

• Warhead01 and Silas7 like this

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,978 posts
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

And, just in case anyone survives, the Repulsor Executioner has a modest transport capacity, allowing you to disgorge a squad of Primaris Space Marines to finish off anyone with the audacity to stay standing.

sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,829 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
On one hand the marine tank is pretty much the most uncreative model Ive seen, literally a Repulsor with yet another gun, on the other hand I dont have a Repulsor so I might get a couple of them. I guess the Repulsor is the new Rhino and it makes sense I guess that its just a transport plus a gun much like the predator. Its just so meh, I was expecting more.

At least it gives Primaris some anti tank.
  • Volt, Silas7 and Hungry Nostraman Lizard like this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,057 posts
Presumably with a smaller capacity? Super Razorback?
  • Warhead01 and Lord Raven 19 like this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

The storm bolters are mounted at the rear of the turret, as shown in this picture.

Fest2019-Sat12-Executioner4uhcfe.jpg

Edit: What the hell is going on with that flying stand?

Yeah I just noticed it too looking at it for the fifth time or so. Weird decision but I don't complain. Makes it a bit easier to distinguish them on the board. ^^

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,374 posts

Interesting. So, it's lost a lot of the smaller weapons (Eh, only the ones over the side doors really... the rear stubber also seems twinlinked now ) but the turrets been upsized and to take huge new main gun, and both setups have a heavy onslaught as a secondary turret weapon. Think it might be restricted to it?

Front still has the heavy bolters... I'll be interested to know wether we can still use lascannons on it, and if the onslaught can be replaced with the lasripper like before.

Curious what the new big gun is. The plasma is just the regular one we already find on redemptors, right? Might we eventually find the new gun for use on redemptors too?

Oh, and I want to have a look at the alternate techmarine helm of the gunner. Might be rad for conversions.

EDIT: Oh. So it hasn't lost the storm bolters, they're just facing back.

Edited by Reinhard, 11 May 2019 - 11:20 AM.

Toxichobbit

Toxichobbit

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,085 posts

Interesting. So, it's lost a lot of the smaller weapons (Eh, only the ones over the side doors really... the rear stubber also seems twinlinked now ) but the turrets been upsized and to take huge new main gun, and both setups have a heavy onslaught as a secondary turret weapon. Think it might be restricted to it?

Front still has the heavy bolters... I'll be interested to know wether we can still use lascannons on it, and if the onslaught can be replaced with the lasripper like before.

Curious what the new big gun is. The plasma is just the regular one we already find on redemptors, right? Might we eventually find the new gun for use on redemptors too?

Oh, and I want to have a look at the alternate techmarine helm of the gunner. Might be rad for conversions.

EDIT: Oh. So it hasn't lost the storm bolters, they're just facing back.

Do the rear turret storm bolters replace one of the original's various grenade launchers? The original Repulsor has so many guns that I can't remember how many there were on the turret tongue.png

Edit: never mind, just checked. There is the same amount of grenade launchers on the new ones as on the originat. The rear storm bolters are in addition to them (so basically the side door guns moved).

Edited by Toxichobbit, 11 May 2019 - 11:23 AM.

Brother Adelard

Brother Adelard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,848 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

I'd be happier without the transport capacity. The Land Raider struggles enough with its identity. It both wants to be sitting back dropping Las way out of combat range, while also being in the fray dropping Terminators.

Edit: Repulsor for easy comparison

40kArmouredSoul.jpg

Edited by Brother Adelard, 11 May 2019 - 11:24 AM.

• Dark Shepherd likes this

O787td6.jpggallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg

m_r_parker

m_r_parker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,401 posts

Disappointing...

The Repulsor is a frequent topic of conversation at our local store, specifically that it's the only transport for Primaris scale marines and yet it's so expensive because of all of the weapons that have to be stuck on it. The points balancing due to it filling so many roles leaves a lot of people scratching their heads, and looking for other options in both points and pounds.

To double down on this, jeesh. Having a Repulsor equivalent to a Vindicator, with no transport capacity, would be pretty cool. Having a Repulsor equivalent with fewer weapons and an increased transport capacity would be pretty good too. Heck, I'd be happy with Primaris being able to use Land Raiders for more transport choice. It just feels lack a lack of creativity for someone to go "Let's have a new Repulsor, but with a BIGGER gun..." instead of exploring the new Cawl aesthetic in other ways.

This is going to cost sooo many points...

• Zebulon, Volt, D3L and 5 others like this
gallery_26271_12264_20095.jpg

Warhead01

Warhead01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,827 posts
  • Faction: The Deleted.

I have 2 repulsors now and was thinking about a third. I am really glad this popped up. 
Figuring T8, 16 wounds and <fly>. Hope we can trade the Twin Heavy Bolters for more Las. Or the Gatling Cannon for the Las-talon. I would love a very dedicated big tank/big monster slayer. I am expecting a transport of only 5 but would be glad for 6.

• Reinhard and Dark Shepherd like this

uberwolve 15/01/03 - 6/18/17  username replaced 

http://warhead01.blogspot.com/
Fix Bayonets! 
Hail Hail Freedonia! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users