Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Repulsor Variants

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
627 replies to this topic

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,342 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Ugh still has the problem of too many guns just stuck to it then :/ 

• Master Commander Ajax likes this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,948 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

Was hoping for turret-less variant, with 10 primaris capacity.

Considering the big bulk of points doesn't come from it's turret I never understood that position tbh.

It reduces it by a minimum of 36 points which isn't much to be fair. Maybe 1 less S/T, and 12 wounds, due to no turret, could be it's new stat to reduce it by another 50 pts.

Point is cheaper transport.
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,899 posts
Its ok i guess. Guess a new codex will drop soon then.
  • 01RTB01 and Lord Raven 19 like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,374 posts
Plasma variant is completely without many of the grenade launchers so it seems to atleast have the option to go 'lighter'

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts
  • Faction: Order of Baal, Dal'yth Sept

I'll be interested to know wether we can still use lascannons on it, and if the onslaught can be replaced with the lasripper like before.

If you can replace that HOC with a Lastalon and the HBs with Lascannons then I'll be super happy. Together with the new Heavy Laser Destroyer it would have so much anti-tank firepower lol

On that note, I wonder whether its Heavy Laser Destroyer is more like the Heavy Laser Destroyer array (basically 1d3 Lascannon shots at 60") or the Laser Destroyer (one S12 AP-4 D1d6/2d6/3d6 shot at 36").

Edited by sfPanzer, 11 May 2019 - 04:00 PM.

• Lord Raven 19 likes this

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,374 posts
Transport capacity of 6 would allow it to still take a base size aggressor squad or the like

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

I'll be interested to know wether we can still use lascannons on it, and if the onslaught can be replaced with the lasripper like before.

If you can replace that HOC with a Lastalon and the HBs with Lascannons then I'll be super happy. Together with the new Heavy Laser Destroyer it would have so much anti-tank firepower lol

On that note, I wonder whether its Heavy Laser Destroyer is more like the Heavy Laser Destroyer array (basically 1d3 Lascannon shots at 60") or the Heavy Laser Destroyer (one S12 AP-4 D1d6/2d6/3d6 shot at 36").

Eggs and one basket and all that..

I would think the heavy las destroyer is basically an upgunned neutron laser. Maybe Heavy 3 60" S10 AP-4 D6 damage (minimum of 3)

Hantheman

Hantheman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 365 posts

Transport capacity of 6 would allow it to still take a base size aggressor squad or the like

Or 5 and a character too

• Dark Shepherd likes this

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

On that note, I wonder whether its Heavy Laser Destroyer is more like the Heavy Laser Destroyer array (basically 1d3 Lascannon shots at 60") or the Heavy Laser Destroyer (one S12 AP-4 D1d6/2d6/3d6 shot at 36").

Eggs and one basket and all that..

I would think the heavy las destroyer is basically an upgunned neutron laser. Maybe Heavy 3 60" S10 AP-4 D6 damage (minimum of 3)

Depends on the cost obviously but it's only an all eggs in one basket kind of problem if it's a bigger chunk of points than it would be otherwise and if you don't have redundancy in your list. You don't call out a unit of Lascannon Devastators for all eggs in one basket either because they don't cost much more than they would with a mixed loadout and you also have other anti-tank in your list. Just don't put expensive units like Hellblasters into it and you'd be fine.

Or 5 and a character too

Unfortunately GW never paid attention to that sort of thing or most transports would actually have a capacity of 11 or 12. So I definitely expect it to be 5. Not that I'd want to put something as expensive as Aggressors or characters into it anyway to be fair. 

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_14467_3819.jpggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

Depends on the cost obviously but it's only an all eggs in one basket kind of problem if it's a bigger chunk of points than it would be otherwise and if you don't have redundancy in your list. You don't call out a unit of Lascannon Devastators for all eggs in one basket either because they don't cost much more than they would with a mixed loadout and you also have other anti-tank in your list. Just don't put expensive units like Hellblasters into it and you'd be fine.

Well yeah, of course. I'm personally just cautious against that sort of an approach on a vehicle with no invuln. T8 and a 3+ save is a lot against some armies but will fold like wet paper against others. Just degradation is an issue if the costs run up too high. That build could very well be around 400 points I think and that sounds like a bit too much of a juicy target IMO.

Who knows though? It might be significantly cheaper or anti-tank firepower in general might go down enough that tanks are relatively safe to bring again now that we're post-FAQ

ERJAK

ERJAK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,227 posts

That you think 'too many guns' is a problem tells me 40k probably isn't the right game for you.

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,238 posts
  • Faction: IVth Legion
Way too few guns.
I still can see the hull. ;)
  • Interrogator Stobz, m0nolith, Panzer and 1 other like this
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts
Really excited about this here. Won't have to rely on the Repulsor to run AT while also being a transport.

And a macro plasma turret on a platform that doesn't suffer movement penalties for heavy weapons makes me really happy.

Edited by Lemondish, 11 May 2019 - 12:37 PM.

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
I would like to see that turret on a Land Raider.

Chapter Master Valrak

Chapter Master Valrak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,800 posts

As much as I wanted a pure transport, I love those guns, YES PLEASE.

• Lord Raven 19 likes this

Mt7WQJG.png

-----------
Youtube - Twitch - Discord - Twitter - Steam Warhammer Group

-----------

My WIP Imperial Fists Army  happy.png

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,342 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

That you think 'too many guns' is a problem tells me 40k probably isn't the right game for you.

No just some plausible designs, not like someone rolled the turret in a bitz box...

• Azaiel, Master Commander Ajax, Interrogator Stobz and 6 others like this

War Angel

War Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,261 posts
  • Faction: Eagles Eternal
Oh my god can we please for the love of the emperor get a proper main battle tank and a proper transport instead of all these “let’s do both at the cost of more points!”

If they ever do give Primaris a true battle tank it’s going to need even more guns now!!!
  • Dracos, SickSix, Volt and 1 other like this
USMC based Space Marines, the Eagles Eternal check out their WIP blog at The Eagle Spire
gallery_45765_12339_49118.pngETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Oh my god can we please for the love of the emperor get a proper main battle tank and a proper transport instead of all these “let’s do both at the cost of more points!”

If they ever do give Primaris a true battle tank it’s going to need even more guns now!!!

I'm not sure I understand. It has all the makings of a battle tank with that main turret weapon. It just also gives mobility and protection to your infantry.

These types of dual purpose units can work, provided they have access to some defensive tools. I'd bet the inevitable influx of Primaris Stratagems will help there.

Jackalwolf

Jackalwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,667 posts

I have a friend that has seen the primaris battle tank, the turret is a full Repulsor.

beefeb

beefeb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 327 posts

Well Im sold on a couple of these.  I have 2 repulsors, one of each main gun variant and a third on its way from conquest.  Ill get a couple of these and Ill be able to field a full mechanised primaris attack force able to hit up to and including heavy armour, so im sorted.  Its been a good Warhammer fest so far.

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,378 posts

In a way it makes sense. Space marines are all-rounders expected to fight in many roles so having all-round armoured units kinda fits the theme. If they have to move marines about they can, if they need to pull together an armoured spearhead they can do that too.

However, saying that I prefer things to be uncomplicated and if I want an infantry transport I don't want it to have the target priority of a tank.

My biggest criticism with Primaris vehicles though is the huge pile of extra guns duct-taped to them. You must need a check-list when playing to make sure you've fired all the weapons.

• FlamingDeth likes this

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Panzer

Panzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,076 posts

I don't mind the total amount of guns on Repulsors, just the amount of different guns. If I could do one roll for all the tertiary weaponry and one roll for the secondary and primariy weaponry (depending on what kind of combination you took) I'd be much happier. ^^

• Warhead01, Noserenda, WolfLogic and 1 other like this

Robbienw

Robbienw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,281 posts
Really this sprue with the bigger turret should have been part of the repulsor kit when it was released 2 years ago.
  • Aarik, MARK0SIAN, WolfLogic and 1 other like this

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21,111 posts
Quite possibly the worst and most unappealing model GW has ever put out in recent memory.

This should have been a dual kit with the repulsor.

I urge people not to buy this, it's just a grav Razorback
  • Azaiel, Master Commander Ajax, Interrogator Stobz and 8 others like this

Dont-Be-Haten

Dont-Be-Haten

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,794 posts
  • Faction: Carmine Blades

Alright that was unexpected. Curious about the Heavy Laser Destroyer variant. Sounds to me like it completely replaces the Lastalon variant of the regular Repulsor since the article mentions the Repulsor Executioner still has transport capacity as well (probably just 5 instead of 10, but Primaris are expensive and this tank won't help so who has points for 10 anyway :teehee: )

I have a 5 repulsor list under 1850. I could squeeze in 5-15 extra primaris boys. :D

DBH is excited.
  • beefeb and Panzer like this

gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpggallery_62972_10568_6124.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Dominus_Exercitus_Blood_Angallery_62972_14467_3723.jpgxpyOWpw.jpggallery_62972_14467_9083.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users